Cornerback Battle!

skater18000

Reaction score
Starting to seem like Sidney Jones, Artie Burns and Coby Bryant (NB) will be our day one starters

Tariq Woolen is looking more likely to be the next man up on the outside and we should be all be very excited about him, given his speed and size

Tre Brown seems likely to start on the pup and miss the first 4 games of the season freeing up an extra spot while they sort out some of the competition, but he's a lock to make the roster

After those strong five, it's interesting to see what they do with a potential last spot

Options: Justin Coleman (NB), John Reid and Michael Jackson

Justin Coleman is someone our coaching staff probably feels comfortable starting week 1 given his past experience with the team. He had a couple down seasons away from Seattle while playing for Detroit and Miami, but returning to where Coleman had more success might just be beneficial
He's also 30 years old this season

John Reid provides special teams value and versatility from what I understand. A younger/hungrier project may be what the team leans towards given the current roster construction

Michael Jackson has played quite well in the preseason and might have the highest upside/growth potential of all of these fringe cornerbacks.

Good depth at corner this year! Just curious who you think we roll with for the season/future!

PNW

Reaction score
right now I’m pretty confident in the CB position heading into the season, if our young players develop like we think we should have a pretty formidable secondary. Personally I’m most excited about Woolen. I’m curious if they run JA as a LB and have Blair and Diggs on our backend.

Last edited:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm also hoping they can begin playing like a unit, covering their zone/side of the field responsibly, but fast enough to back up the others. The LOB was known for working well as a team, having each other's backs. "The Tip" is a perfect example of this.

Don't misunderstand me here (as so many are quick to do on this site): I'm not saying we can duplicate the LOB or that these guys have that same kind of potential. But getting the DBs to all play as a team will be a huge step forward for the defense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coby Bryant has already shown why he was voted the best CB in college football last season. So far he looks comfortable playing outside or in the slot. While Woolen has flashed with his superior size and speed and for sure looks to a starter in waiting Bryant will be a starter to be begin his career either as a. NCB or on the edges.

This CB group looks to be more talented than we’ve seen here in a few seasons now.

For me I think Mike Jackson has made a good case to be the final player kept at CB. We could see some surprise cuts at the position with the final roster decisions.