Copa America

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On to the semis, probably vs Argentina. My nephew is an exchange student down there in Argentina right now, gonna have to talk a lot of shit.

With wood, jones and badoya out I'm curious if Nagbe might get the start?

knownone

Reaction score
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say it... This next game will be the biggest game in USMNT history, if they can beat Argentina and make it to the finals... then i'm done criticizing Jurgen Klinsman and the shit show he's been running for the last 4 or 5 years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2j7pencg said:
On to the semis, probably vs Argentina. My nephew is an exchange student down there in Argentina right now, gonna have to talk a lot of shit.

With wood, jones and badoya out I'm curious if Nagbe might get the start?

He has to, as well as Pulisic. May be Zusi though. Too bad Morris is not on the squad. I'd hope this does not see Wondo out there. Wood has been a revelation in this tournament with his runs out of the #9.

I will say that I think those two would provide better opportunities for Dempsey. One will control play underneath while the other will open more channels with his pace.

Either way... good win and fun times ahead. A legit game against a legit opponent with your future stars right in the forefront. Seems the more I criticize Dempsey the better he plays (the jerk)... a terrific first goal. Starts the move forward, follows into the attacking channels and gets a great goal. What a #10 should be doing in there. Woods movement off the centerbacks has really helped Dempsey move forward without the ball.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vlgt5uu said:
Either way... good win and fun times ahead. A legit game against a legit opponent with your future stars right in the forefront. Seems the more I criticize Dempsey the better he plays (the jerk)... a terrific first goal. Starts the move forward, follows into the attacking channels and gets a great goal. What a #10 should be doing in there. Woods movement off the centerbacks has really helped Dempsey move forward without the ball.

Yep, there he goes again Si, another goal and assist. What's that make, three goals, two assists with two game winners for the tournament?

Someone needs to tell Clint he's washed up and needs to play more like Di Maria.

Let's just hope there are two more matches I can kick you in the nuts about, although gonna be tough, the US expended a LOT of energy last night trying to close out this match.............and now there's some nagging injuries and red cards to deal with.

Although frankly I'm happy that Jones is sitting out, he's had a terrible tournament.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You do take it quite personal. I wonder if you have his poster on your bedroom wall or something? Is he wearing a Sounders jersey or USMNT? Maybe Fulham? Shirtless?

He was very good last night, much better last night than in the previous matches. I guess we will see when he squares off against Di Maria. I really do think Wood's movement has helped that (Sounders can take a lesson and deploy Morris similarly). His absence I think will hurt Dempsey's production. (not to mention having to possess more than counter to relieve pressure from what will surely be an Argentinian onslaught at times)

And again, never said he was washed up. I just look forward to the day when he's not the USMNT's best player and hope who fills that role is a far more creative and consistent all around #10. (as I look forward to the bench options not being Beckerman, or the mid options being Bradley and Jones... I'm a progressive.) The entirety of the US youth system right now is based primarily on developing that skillset.

But, credit to him, he played well very last night, and Woods has a lot to do with it. He's what the US has right now, and he's their best player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2n10rn4w said:
You do take it quite personal. I wonder if you have his poster on your bedroom wall or something? Is he wearing a Sounders jersey or USMNT? Maybe Fulham? Shirtless?.

If you must know, Clint's wearing a French sailor's uniform, pirate hat and combat boots.

Don't judge.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":kosqwhri said:
?

377417zl1g915upi

You need help

People only need help if they admit they have a problem. Suckers!

So I assume we're going to see Beckerman for Jones? Ugg, not a fan of Beckerman, but I don't see what other options we have, Zusi isn't any better. At least Yedlin will be back to add some much needed speed and energy to what was an old slow lineup last night.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why not Pulisic?

House money at this point. The kid has started games for Dortmund, who i'd argue is a better side than Argentina. No one's expecting the US to win. Why not?

If not it will be Beckerman, although it should be Zusi. He's a bit quicker and an all around better player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nc8op8o said:
Why not Pulisic?

House money at this point. The kid has started games for Dortmund, who i'd argue is a better side than Argentina. No one's expecting the US to win. Why not?

If not it will be Beckerman, although it should be Zusi. He's a bit quicker and an all around better player.

I'd LOVE to see Pulisic, but Klinsmann's track record shows that he usually goes with the dependable veterans over youth in big matches.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Speaking of youngsters... Emerson Hyndman was snatched up by Bournemouth. 20 year old American midfielder. Captain of the u-20s and starting CM for the u-23s.

Now in the EPL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":10nr2o9a said:
Uncle Si":10nr2o9a said:
He's what the US has right now, and he's their best player.
I'd like to submit the name John Brooks as a counter to this statement.

Brooks has had a hell of a tournament, but like I told Si, it's about production, especially as a forward.............and no player has produced like Dempsey.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dempsey played terrific in last night's match. Great win for the U.S.. Last time they have been this far was in 1995. Could make history by winning next Tuesday in Houston.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2cl5imbx said:
Chile embarrasing Mexico.
I was hoping for a good match. Chile v Colombia should be great, though.

And typical Mexican supporters, throwing crap on the field when their team is losing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":bn3ogwr2 said:
Uncle Si":bn3ogwr2 said:
He's what the US has right now, and he's their best player.
I'd like to submit the name John Brooks as a counter to this statement.

1a/1b?

Certainly Brooks has been fantastic (and has produced plenty in his role).

pmedic920

Reaction score
I know almost zero about soccer.
I did hear on the news, that tickets for the USA game in Houston were starting around $700 on the Secondary market.

Not sure if true or not but that seems CRAZY to me.
It ain't the Seahawks after all :{)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seems like klinnsman tried to play the most uninspiring lineup possible with the way he replaced the 3 suspended players.

Smurf

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2l6lzxcv said:
Seems like klinnsman tried to play the most uninspiring lineup possible with the way he replaced the 3 suspended players.

Not only did everyone see it coming....but all 3 are having HORRIBLE games. They are all train wrecks. Goal 1 is on Beckerman/Guzan, #2 on Wondo.

Nagbe and Pulisic need to come on ASAP. Nothing else to lose.

Latest posts