Coordinators interviewing for HC jobs during the playoffs

mikeak

Reaction score
During the USC hire processes I posted a note about an interview with a beat writer that follows USC. He stated that while Pete Carroll was at USC he spent time EVERY year with all his coordinators to do mock interviews for coaching jobs. He wanted his guys to be prepared for those opportunities. He wanted his guys to strive towards being better and moving up in life. Those are the people that he wants to surround himself with.

I am convinced that PC would push these guys out the door during the bye week to go interview

Separately as I stated - delaying hires until after the playoffs would punish the teams that needs help the most. It would most definately not help the league but it would help the teams in the playoffs who are the ones that clearly don't need any help.......

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":3va7x2vp said:
I have never understood why there isn't a rule in College or the NFL that says you must wait until the season is finished before starting the interview process. It's a distraction and I don't care who says otherwise.

Agreed, I mean after all didn't Bradley interview just before the Atl game last yr? And now teams are all over our Coordinators (I know the one and only probably crap example but still..)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2y3ejzq1 said:
seabowl":2y3ejzq1 said:
onanygivensunday":2y3ejzq1 said:
Do some research.

If you do, you'll find that there ARE rules in place.

Not with our coordinators interviewing for jobs last week.
NFL rules allow assistant coaches on playoff teams with a bye during the week leading to the wild card games to interview for potential head coaching jobs. Such is the case with Seattle's coordinators.

So, rules are in place and they were not broken in the cases of Bevell and Quinn.

Until the Hawks are eliminated, teams with head coaching vacancies are restricted from interviewing Bevell and Quinn... unless the team agrees to such interview(s).

You can argue with the rules... but there are rules and they have been followed to date.

Don't believe this is true. Ken Wisenhunt the OC for the Chargers interviewed yesterday (Thursday), scheduled today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday). That menas he he will be interviewing for different jobs each of the 3 days prior to his team playing on Sunday. I can't believe this is allowed. Also it's unreal he is actually interviewing the day before the game. Sure, he's not distracted.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Yeah that is unreal and I am schocked that SD is allowing for it......

That means my earlier post was wrong and I stand corrected.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I heard that on the radio seabowl and I too find it ridiculous. At least our guys did most of their interviwing last week ... we think. Also it has been reported that our coodinators are actually both in play for at least one HC possition. So our coodinators are auditionaing head to head against each other while also trying to install a game plan for a playoff game.