Continued Disrespect of our WR corps...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Baldwin is hardly "pedestrian", so whatever. However, the lack of respect shown by the national media because the Hawks don't have a Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, or some other Diva WR means little when the Seahwks WRs are playing well as group and the Hawks are winning.

The Seahawks have always spread the ball around in Bevell's O thus the WRs have lower numbers here. Does it really matter in the long run if the players are on a winning team and positively contribute to winning? I'd bet my shirt the Golden Tate would be extraordinarily pleased to return to Seattle even though he'd likly hacve lower stats here than in Detroit as would many of the Divas from other teams.

Besides, just exactly who is it from the national media that are disrespecting our WRs, and does their opinion really amount to anything of significance?

Mick063

Reaction score
Tanner McEvoy IS NOT pedestrian as a wide receiver.

Someone please show me anything quantifiable to prove otherwise. If you can't back it up with some numbers, if your claim can't be measured, than it is opinion. Nothing but opinion.

Only when his play is demonstrated by measurable evidence to be pedestrian, will I call him pedestrian. So far, he has demonstrated some "Jordy Nelson type" traits. Far from pedestrian. His career stats say so.

Too small of a sample size?

Exactly. Too small of a sample size to be labeled pedestrian either. He could be the next great UDFA superstar. I remember how Steve Largent started out. No one knows enough to declare anything definitive about Tanner.

What perturbs me is that our own fans "attach" such labels, without being patient for proper evaluation, and then wonder why the national pundits abide by these labels.

WE......are the reason our receivers are called pedestrian, because early in their careers, we declared them so. We.....thought Andrew Luck had the brighter future. We....thought RGIII deserved rookie of the year. We......believe that neither Shaun Alexander or Marshawn Lynch deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. I have read all that stuff here with supporting agreement abound.

It is about time WE stopped bitching about what the national pundits say because We encourage the behavior.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mick063":3l3wy8xw said:
Smellyman":3l3wy8xw said:
Mick063":3l3wy8xw said:
Tanner McEvoy is a our version of Jordy Nelson.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/02 ... -nfl-catch

Yup, because he's white.

Doesn't matter they are completely different players.

Prove it to me. That they are completely different players. Give me the evidence.

and Prove it to me with evidence other than skin color. Not much to go on with Tanner obviously, but....

They are both pretty big, but Tanner is much bigger and not near as fast. Jordy is a quick twitch state 100 meter champ who will beat you with his quickness and speed.

Better comp for Tanner is Kelvin Benjamin, All corners can run with Benjamin and Tanner, Their size is how they beat and will beat corners

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10nc2vy8 said:
The article isn't wrong, exactly.

That might have been the worst performance by a DB group I've seen since our own group featured Brian Russell and Kelly Jennings. It was comically awful. Did no Jets coach glance at the tape and tell their backs that Wilson and his receivers practice their redline throws like a singer practices his voice? It's like 70% of their game. But these backs were't playing the ball, weren't trying to get outside leverage, bit as a group on presnap motions, had evidently never heard of the flat, and on more than one occasion got caught staring into the backfield like rookies. I really was reminded of Jennings.

Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy ARE pedestrian. So is a hobbled Tyler Lockett. Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson are overachievers - they play a role, they've played long enough to get very experienced thanks to Wilson, and they have a clutch gene, but they aren't close to being world-beaters in their own right. Christine Michael is still new, so the writer can get away with ignoring him. Where he did screw up, of course, was Doug, whom everyone else can see has become the most dangerous slot receiver in the league.

Besides...undisguised bias is a holy tradition in the New England media, like throwing fish at Pike Place. Their readers expect it, and they write in and gripe when they don't get it. We don't play those teams often enough to get used to it, but it's definitely a thing.
Oh, Debbie.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MontanaHawk05":3980e65b said:
bmorepunk":3980e65b said:
I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.

Their media is still just as bad.

LOL, work on a post for ten minutes and this is what people notice. Ah well.

Eh, I read the post as part of that patented New Eng... uh... New York hyperbole their readers crave fortnightly.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
BlueThunder":163dvsi3 said:
West TX Hawk":163dvsi3 said:
I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

And the media will just keep on.

The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it.
They could never break the Chiefs record because their stadium (Vikings) is an indoor stadium, the record is for outdoor stadiums

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I was thinking of making one of these, but this may be better.

seahawks-super-bowl-48-pedestrian-crossing-ADB-Kearse-full.jpg

peppersjap

Reaction score
Jayburd14":24gtn5le said:
BlueThunder":24gtn5le said:
West TX Hawk":24gtn5le said:
I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

And the media will just keep on.

The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it.
They could never break the Chiefs record because their stadium (Vikings) is an indoor stadium, the record is for outdoor stadiums
Who cares about the noise record????? Seriously!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Goes to show how much stock people put into fantasy football.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I love our receivers. They catch everything. Remember the Holmgren era? How many drive killing drops did they have?
Baldwin is a stud in the mold of Largent. He seems to make plays when we need them most. Kearse just makes the big play in the big spot....yawn.

sutz

Reaction score
Boohman14":sh8cew38 said:
I love our receivers. They catch everything. Remember the Holmgren era? How many drive killing drops did they have?
Baldwin is a stud in the mold of Largent. He seems to make plays when we need them most. Kearse just makes the big play in the big spot....yawn.
Basic philosophy. Under Holmgren they knew we were throwing 35-40 times a game. A drop here or there doesn't seem like a big deal. Under Pete, a given receiver may only get a couple of targets a game. You drop something and there may not be many more chances until you prove you can be trusted. ;)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't really have any problem with what Cimini wrote. Baldwin is a great WR. Buf ater that, we don't have a lot, especially with Locket playing hurt. PRich is so hit and miss. Kearse is Kearse. So other than Baldwin, yes we are pedestrian. But we can get away with a "pedestrian" WR corps because we have a top 3 defense, a top 5 QB, and a great running game.

If you include Graham in the WR corps, then Cimini is wrong. Graham and Baldwin are as good as any other teams top two pass catchers.

Mick063

Reaction score
Boohman14":u98qqjmr said:

You "get it".

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ua7kckl said:
I don't really have any problem with what Cimini wrote. Baldwin is a great WR. Buf ater that, we don't have a lot, especially with Locket playing hurt. PRich is so hit and miss. Kearse is Kearse. So other than Baldwin, yes we are pedestrian. But we can get away with a "pedestrian" WR corps because we have a top 3 defense, a top 5 QB, and a great running game.

If you include Graham in the WR corps, then Cimini is wrong. Graham and Baldwin are as good as any other teams top two pass catchers.

Nice contradiction.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
True respect is earned not given but another cliche says that "you get what you pay for".

In that sense I would think our guys as a group do consistently out preform their pay.

Latest posts