Congratulations Again from a Saints Fan

Murky

Reaction score
Well, you owned us once again. The late resurgence makes it a little tougher to deal with, but it sure was clear that your team is just on a whole different level than ours this year. I'm disappointed in the showing, to say the least, but not particularly surprised.

Our offense, especially, has really been a disappointment on the road this year. I hate to say it, but oftentimes this season I've wondered if Brees isn't seriously starting to decline. His arm, his decisions, etc. have dipped noticeably this year and I'm worried that an era may be ending...

Anyway, good luck again to you the rest of the way, and congratulations! You have a SB quality team and should definitely win it all this year. I believe you're the most complete team left, and stand the best chance of beating any of the teams who make it out of the AFC.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Congrats from a Rams fan too. Your defense is top tier. Bad conditions or not, you hold Brees down you've done a good job. You might be seeing the 49ers next week. Gotta get your offense going. Their defense is almost as tough as yours. Especially their front 7. You have a chance to do something special. Make the most of it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I appreciate your kind and valid words, best of luck to you and your teams next year!

GO HAWKS!

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Thank you guys classy but u can't say our offense looks sb worthy our defense constantly keeps us alive

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Classy fans. Y'all rock.

Unfortunately, I think that is a signature win for us.

- bsd

OP
OP
M

Murky

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":2f74t7ov said:
Thank you guys classy but u can't say our offense looks sb worthy our defense constantly keeps us alive

Our D isn't terrible, so that may have accounted for some of it. I understand your O has been a little behind recently, but that can likely be corrected. But I don't know as much about your team as you do, so I won't speculate on the how-to's. I still think your offense has a very high ceiling.

Decimation

Reaction score
We know how it feels man. We went through it last year with the Falcons. It blows.

Anyways, thanks man. It was a hell of a game. Had me biting my nails hardcore. You guys have a hell of a team and will have a hell of a team next year as well.

Veilside

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":1ir5hzcn said:

140 yards and 2 TDs for Lynch.....

Pretty sure our offensive running game looked acceptable.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":1phe75ee said:

Don't forget, you had a week off. That can affect the timing of the offense. Yes, everyone wants a bye and it helps with healing players, but sometimes timing and rhythm and be affected. You survived and now you have time to work on things. And with a defense like that, an offense can afford to be off sometimes.

Donk70

Reaction score
How dare you guys come in here and be classy?

Seriously though, you had me scared in the 2nd half. Your D really has improved.

hawk45

Reaction score
Boy I wouldn't say we owned the Saints today, but thanks just the same. Pissed about what I felt were some cheap shots to Harvin, but other than that impressed with the Saints D and Brees also showed some resilience out there getting something going in the second half.

I had gone all week saying their running against Philly meant nothing and wouldn't translate when they played the Hawk defense, and I was pretty wrong about that. In fact I feel like the Saints could have gone even more run-heavy at times, especially in the first half.

If that trend keeps up next year that's good for the Saints.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The Saints came to play.. and play they did. I respect them more than before. They really glued to our receivers and gave RW no targets and rushed him well. Great D, and your offense was up against our D and still made some fabulous plays.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Murky":1nvtndfd said:
Well, you owned us once again. The late resurgence makes it a little tougher to deal with, but it sure was clear that your team is just on a whole different level than ours this year. I'm disappointed in the showing, to say the least, but not particularly surprised.

Our offense, especially, has really been a disappointment on the road this year. I hate to say it, but oftentimes this season I've wondered if Brees isn't seriously starting to decline. His arm, his decisions, etc. have dipped noticeably this year and I'm worried that an era may be ending...

Anyway, good luck again to you the rest of the way, and congratulations! You have a SB quality team and should definitely win it all this year. I believe you're the most complete team left, and stand the best chance of beating any of the teams who make it out of the AFC.

WOW...do I know what you mean..after 2006, Hasselbeck was the Hawk's savior....so close in SB - XL, but then the demise, but I feel with what the Saints have shown these last few weeks...a Defense...a running game, will take alot of pressure off of Brees. He is a HOH'er that I have so much respect for...such a leader, and humble Man.
Putting up 400 yds against the Hawks Def...is impressive, and exposed some issues I feel REALLY need attention.

The Saints are a couple draft picks away from the big dance, next year....Congrats on a great...comeback from 2012

jkitsune

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Classy post. Best of luck to N'awlins in the offseason and next year!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I strongly dislike your team, but I will say the fans that visit definitely seems to be on the level. Thanks.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yep, the Saints fans are cool, hate the team though and will root against them.

morgulon1

Reaction score
snackdaddy":utnotut2 said:
Congrats from a Rams fan too. Your defense is top tier. Bad conditions or not, you hold Brees down you've done a good job. You might be seeing the 49ers next week. Gotta get your offense going. Their defense is almost as tough as yours. Especially their front 7. You have a chance to do something special. Make the most of it.

Thanks for the inter divisional love Snackdaddy. STL is a couple of wise draft choices away and you guys always play
us tough. I hate the niners.

Murky thank you for the well wishes. Your defense surprised me today and from listening to interviews it appears the Hawks respect your team. Best of luck going forward.

irocdave

Reaction score
Classy posts and thank you. We all hope the hawks can carry the torch to the SB and bring another SB ring to the NFC west. I didn't think the Saints had the ability to ugly up the game but they did. Solid effort by the Saints, not much to be ashamed of in the game except for the last play. The last couple of possessions by the Saints just seemed weird to me. Saints didn't seem to have a sense of urgency or focus.