Congrats on a great game

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Well I'm stunned at that game. Hawks are for real, and I think the Pats may be for real too. What a contest.

balakoth

Reaction score
I concur... great game my man

My fellow forum muppets will call foul in other places without having played a down of even high school football

olyfan63

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2t992lkb said:
Well I'm stunned at that game. Hawks are for real, and I think the Pats may be for real too. What a contest.

WOW what a game!! Our D had no answer for Cam and the NE OL way too much of the night, and we got a little lucky + good at the end with our 3rd string safety, Lano Hill, (EDIT) and LJ Collier, making an amazing play on the final play.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
A lot of good to be seen from this game.

A bit shaky D near the end but overall, we'll take it.

sutz

Reaction score
Heluva game by both teams. Always seems to come down to the wire. :irishdrinkers:

James in PA

Reaction score
Pats and Hawks always put on a classic. Another great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The penalty differential was huge here, and Seattle has a lot to clean up. But a win is still sweet, and if the defense is going to get a stop, the final one was it!

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
I wish we'd called a different play on the goal line, but on the other hand we didn't think our offense was capable of this at this point. Cam and Edelman still have a little left in the tank.

Wilson is unstoppable.

mikeak

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2g916b0l said:
I wish we'd called a different play on the goal line, but on the other hand we didn't think our offense was capable of this at this point. Cam and Edelman still have a little left in the tank.

Wilson is unstoppable.

Funny thing is I was more worried when you guys were like 10 yards out with 9 secs. 9 secs is three throws to end zone.

With the play short you cost one play and made it a really tight narrow area to throw.

IMHO that play wod have been better incomplete, 2 more tries but glad it worked out for us

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
mikeak":1k04sy2j said:
50yrpatsfan":1k04sy2j said:

Wilson is unstoppable.

Funny thing is I was more worried when you guys were like 10 yards out with 9 secs. 9 secs is three throws to end zone.

With the play short you cost one play and made it a really tight narrow area to throw.

IMHO that play wod have been better incomplete, 2 more tries but glad it worked out for us
Agree, getting to the 1 didn't help much. The last yard is the hardest, as both teams know from playing each other.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cam from a yard out is damn near automatic though..

D

DomeHawk

Yeah, great game Pats, Edelman is an absolute warrior, good to see Cam back, and N'Keal looks to be the dependable WR that I thought he would be.

And, when you have Belichick as a coach, you always have a chance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Outstanding game by evenly matched teams. I was impressed with Cam, and there's no secret I can't stand the guy. The chess match back and forth was really fun to watch. Just a great football game. Not calling a running play on 3rd and 1 with a 5 point lead was incredibly stupid. Game of inches to say the least. Good luck to your Pats the rest of the season. People acting like they are gonna' suck because Lord Brady is gone...….yeah, not so much.
And Edelman is a RIDICULOUS player. Wow

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
balakoth":3rkw8etn said:
I concur... great game my man

My fellow forum muppets will call foul in other places without having played a down of even high school football

I concede that I have never played a down of HS football--in my day it wasn't even allowed for girls to try out and to be fair i sucked at all team athletics enough to be roundly to be like Rudolph but without the athletic ability.

The pats' last minute win in you know what was totally fair and so was this outside of what any fan did or did not do in hs.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vkofd84a said:
Outstanding game by evenly matched teams. I was impressed with Cam, and there's no secret I can't stand the guy. The chess match back and forth was really fun to watch. Just a great football game. Not calling a running play on 3rd and 1 with a 5 point lead was incredibly stupid. Game of inches to say the least. Good luck to your Pats the rest of the season. People acting like they are gonna' suck because Lord Brady is gone...….yeah, not so much.
And Edelman is a RIDICULOUS player. Wow
Newton only joined the Pats 2 months ago, and Edelman is not quite healthy yet, so there's a lot to look forward to.

Cam put a little too much mustard on that throw to JE at the goal line, or Pats probably win.

Hawks offense is so loaded, I don't know how you game plan for them.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
balakoth":1e316rvn said:

I played middle school ball, does that count?

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4q9it5aj said:
Outstanding game by evenly matched teams. I was impressed with Cam, and there's no secret I can't stand the guy.
-snip-

I used to feel that way too, but then some friendly Carolina fans gave me actual data to review and consider. One of the good ones was pictures of Cam "sulking", and asking me what the game situation was at that time, based on Cam's body language. My bias didn't line up with reality, and I realized they were right. They showed me that Cam was a leader and his Carolina team bought into his leadership fully. Now, the Super Bowl post-game interview fiasco, he didn't do himself any favors at all there. Cam is an exuberant, emotional guy, and that was the "dark side" of his nature. Did Cam learn from it? I'd bet on it.

Then the bit in the SB where Cam didn't seem to try hard enough to recover the fumble? When I look at it, it was just an extremely awkward position for Cam, with his long "stork" legs, and perhaps a mental short-circuit in Cam's brain where he got conflicted about how best to get down on it, while also also trying not to expose his ankles and knees to being rolled up on by bodies on the ground. QBs are generally very aware, and wary of bodies on/near the ground moving towards them, and probably even practice evasive maneuvers. IMO it was a brain fart, not a lack of effort.

Cam has always been entertaining to watch, and last night was no exception. I actually think that Cam + Belichick looks to be a great match, and that because of the mutual respect, Belichick will get a lot out of Cam and cause him to improve his game, and channel Cam's emotions into productive action. (Brady was, and is, a super-emotional player too, he just channeled it into being a cold-blooded assassin on the field) Just glad we played NE and got the W before Cam and Hoodie get any further onto the same page. Last night could even wind up being a SB preview.

Latest posts