Colin Kaepernick

Scottemojo

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3p7d3jln said:
Actually, Alex Smith started getting shorter and a little more combative during media interviews at precisely the time he started becoming a respectable quarterback. He was never mean, but he did start getting a little more attitude in his answers- "well I just managed myself to a victory" comes to mind.

So, Alex got a bit douchey about the time Harbaugh started coaching...Hmmmmmm...

rigelian

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with Kaepernick. He's young and being trained to respond in this way. He's been thrown into a difficult situation and is trying to muddle his way through it. He's talented and by accounts reasonably bright. I suspect that somewhere down the line it will all begin to make sense to him. His coach on the other hand...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Kaepernick against teams who are pretty much a lock for the playoffs this year:

TeamPasser Rating
SEA20.1
IND49.9
CAR42.0
NO72.9

IcedHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2gqu7kpx said:

TeamPasser Rating
SEA20.1
IND49.9
CAR42.0
NO72.9
Also, 0-4.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2p61d0k2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2p61d0k2 said:
Actually, Alex Smith started getting shorter and a little more combative during media interviews at precisely the time he started becoming a respectable quarterback. He was never mean, but he did start getting a little more attitude in his answers- "well I just managed myself to a victory" comes to mind.

So, Alex got a bit douchey about the time Harbaugh started coaching...Hmmmmmm...

Actually it might have really started after the Philadelphia game in 2010. That was the "We Want Carr" game, and Alex at that point was tired of the bullshit and said that he stopped listening to Singletary and started playing QB the way he wanted to, rather than how Singletary wanted him to...

But you have a point. Most people would agree that Alex got a little chippier with the media at around the time Harbaugh got there. Coincidence? Maybe not. I'll tell you this much: Alex's answers definitely got far more vague and had much less embellishment once Harbaugh got there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":p1thn1j0 said:
Scottemojo":p1thn1j0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":p1thn1j0 said:

Actually it might have really started after the Philadelphia game in 2010. That was the "We Want Carr" game, and Alex at that point was tired of the bullshit and said that he stopped listening to Singletary and started playing QB the way he wanted to, rather than how Singletary wanted him to...

But you have a point. Most people would agree that Alex got a little chippier with the media at around the time Harbaugh got there. Coincidence? Maybe not. I'll tell you this much: Alex's answers definitely got far more vague and had much less embellishment once Harbaugh got there.

Harbs is from the give them nothing school. He ended open practices, made interviews suck, and is vague under the guise of not giving an advantage, but is actually being vague because he just kinda hates the media.

Anyone remember the positive receiver reviews coming out of (closed) Niner camps all spring and summer? The stories about how Kaepernick's ingenious use of colors and shapes was going to help Lockette understand the offense? It is all spin. If Harbs can keep the media at a distance, he thinks he can use them. Of course, the disdain he has heaped on the media will make the beast turn on him if he struggles.

nanomoz

Reaction score
IcedHawk":3q6bkumw said:
E.C. Laloosh":3q6bkumw said:

TeamPasser Rating
SEA20.1
IND49.9
CAR42.0
NO72.9
Also, 0-4.

[/thread] :!:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think the big question here is this: Would TJ McDonald have tackled Kay-per-nick by his nose?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":375w49zr said:
I think the big question here is this: Would TJ McDonald have tackled Kay-per-nick by his nose?

I almost forgot about the mispronunciation. Too good. :biggthumpup:

chris98251

Reaction score
I have thought about it, Kaep is a lot like Doug Williams was early in his career. Again not doubting his intelligence but some people just don't talk to the media well, some don't have that think on your feet quickness or common sense approach and need to have a situation they are in planned out so they KNOW how to react.

He has a lot of talent but his brain gets in his way when asked to respond on the fly, whether it's media or on the feild when the PLAN breaks down. His instinct is run not continue to read his options it seems. In the media he has no control of the questions and feels uncomfortable when not in control and his responses are not thought out.

The kid is screaming for acceptence and affirmation from what it seems, trying way to hard to be everything rather then himself, if he even knows who that is anymore.

Just a observation.

rightbench

Reaction score
it doesn't matter guys.... Kaepernick is WAY better now cause he has Crabtree.... wait what? that's all I've heard this week.

How many times when they talk about great quarterbacks do they say "He makes everyone AROUND him better." and not vice versa.

If it takes a Wide Receiver to make you look good, there's bigger problems.

45Hawker

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":t62oitev said:
Dude is just emulating his coach. As far as his talent he will be a good player, probably go to a few probowls.
Agreed. With regards to his play (which is what matters the most) he's struggling this year, but Kaepernick has immense talent. He was outstanding last year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rightbench":192emxob said:
it doesn't matter guys.... Kaepernick is WAY better now cause he has Crabtree.... wait what? that's all I've heard this week.

How many times when they talk about great quarterbacks do they say "He makes everyone AROUND him better." and not vice versa.

Are you implying that he's as bad as Luck? :stirthepot:

rigelian

Reaction score
rightbench":12ulvki7 said:

He had Crabtree last year when we played him. At lot of good that did him.

Chapow

Reaction score
There is no doucheier sight in the NFL than watching a guy kiss his biceps after a TD. That rises to Jersey Shore douchebag levels. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that's where Kaperdouche learned his little move, saw it on Jersey Shore and was like "Yeeeaaah, that's sick brah!".

amill87

Reaction score
rightbench":31ljv64r said:

Yeah Wilson has 2 wrs making 18 mil. If Kaep got to throw to Rice and Harvin all day, he'd be so much better than Wilson it isn't even funny....oh wait...

Latest posts