Colin Kaepernick on the table?

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Heard he was throwing around with Locket last week somewhere on the net. What do you guys think if they sign him.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
That may have pushed me over the edge, after this Wags crap.

I'm not happy with the character of our team. My son was 4 when we lost the first SB and that deterred me from passing on the 12th man torch.

Since PC let go of Matt role model players have become a thing of the past. RW was ingenuine from the get go, his demeanor always reminded me of elite out of touch with reality politicians.

Wags was actually a good one but the shadow of LOB really made him overlooked.

BASF

Reaction score
For anyone throwing the name of Kaep around, we were the team that showed the league how to stop him. Why do any of you think we would want a guy we put the blueprint out there for?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We don’t have a need at qb2. We have lock and could easily sign Geno. Eason is a perfectly adequate qb3 developmental.

We have a need at QB1. Baker Mayfield is the Favorite, but could well be a personality clash. The next would be JimmyG. If we’re the only ones niners find to trade with, they will do it.

Jimmy is the perfect bridge, game manager and mentor to the 2023 qb We pick to be the new Russ.

There is really no strategy for Kaepernick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Please bring him in. Let’s see how bad he is, and stop this madness of people thinking he is a nfl QB. Tebow 2.0

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
That may have pushed me over the edge, after this Wags crap.

I'm not happy with the character of our team. My son was 4 when we lost the first SB and that deterred me from passing on the 12th man torch.

Since PC let go of Matt role model players have become a thing of the past. RW was ingenuine from the get go, his demeanor always reminded me of elite out of touch with reality politicians.

Wags was actually a good one but the shadow of LOB really made him overlooked.
I’m pretty positive that Kaepernick is a role model for a lot of black people.

You want white role models for the team?

I can think of several black players on the team who are excellent role models.
Tyler Lockett would be near the top.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The fact that our tenable qb1 upgrades are all white doesn’t mean we are prejudiced. Kaep hasn’t played since New Year’s Day of 2017 whereas Geno and Loch have.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
For anyone throwing the name of Kaep around, we were the team that showed the league how to stop him. Why do any of you think we would want a guy we put the blueprint out there for?
Aside from his inactivity, I think he'd be the right type of quarterback to bring in as a stopgap.

One read guys are probably especially well-suited to the types of schemes Waldron has helped create in the past, and his running upside was obvious every time he'd gash our all-world defense with those long, striding scrambles.

If he still has that speed, I think he'd be a good option here.

massari

Reaction score
I’m pretty positive that Kaepernick is a role model for a lot of black people.

You want white role models for the team?

I can think of several black players on the team who are excellent role models.
Tyler Lockett would be near the top.
He literally mentioned Wagner as a good role model

Kaepernick is just a grifter used to create division

Last edited:

getnasty

Reaction score
Just don't get the Kap fansination. Remove all the distractions and your still left with a quarterback that hasn't played in 4 years that wasn't good when him hung it up.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If Kap was on the table it would be for an operation to turn back the clock. He's had multiple workouts with different teams. No one has made a serious offer, even with the current lack of quality candidates. When you're basically the only one available and no one is interested you're probably looking in the wrong field of work. I have nothing against the guy, it's just that 6 years is too long to sit. Geno basically sat for 4 years and it showed, although he did show some good stuff in spurts, but he also benefited from practice team reps.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
He literally mentioned Wagner as a good role model

Kaepernick is just a grifter used to create division

That's getting to the truth of it, Tyler's action speak to division as well.

You can't fix inequality by creating more of it.

When people pretend to want unity but their actions prove otherwise, that is straight up evil. I remember when I first heard of the phony social justice movement and actually got my hopes up thinking things might change. It completely ignores the real problem, elitists that see themselves as your better and believe you should know your place.

RW can play people but his body language communicates when he is being ingenuine.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Guys this is about Kaep the player and what he may or may not bring to the Seahawks as a player.

I know his social activism is forever likely to be linked to him but dont let this thread get bogged down with politics. Gonna get zapped sharpish if the politics isnt minimised.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Right, he's got nothing to offer in that department so that's kind of a empty conversation. You can turn out the lights now.