Colby Parkinson Hints: Something Special?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching a brief presser with Parkinson yesterday and he said in paraphrase:

"We've got a little something for them. We'll be ready."

I loved the sound of that. While it could all add up to a hill of beans, I just liked the notion that the Seahawks are going to have a little something extra this Sunday in the game plan. I mean, we are 7-8, playoff game (in essence). Why not pull out all the bag of tricks? Jets D is legit, White makes their team and offense better so we will have our hands full. Might as well throw some wrenches in to catch them off guard. I hope I see it, whatever "it" is, and I hope it works.

sutz

Reaction score
They haven't had near as much pre-snap motion or post snap misdirection as I expected to see this year for most of the season. Would not at all hate to see some more of that.

I was shocked when the use of the 13 formation was reduced in usage mid-season, and with Diss out, I guess we won't see much of it going forward either. Maybe with Mabry?

Do they have some trickery in their back pocket? Might as well bring it out. It's like time outs, if you're going to use them, it helps to do so before the final whistle blows. ;)

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a package for Jacob Hollister. Hope runs past the sticks this time!

JPatera76

Reaction score
They haven't had near as much pre-snap motion or post snap misdirection as I expected to see this year for most of the season. Would not at all hate to see some more of that.

I was shocked when the use of the 13 formation was reduced in usage mid-season, and with Diss out, I guess we won't see much of it going forward either. Maybe with Mabry?

Do they have some trickery in their back pocket? Might as well bring it out. It's like time outs, if you're going to use them, it helps to do so before the final whistle blows. ;)
Yeah.. I don't get why we went away from a lot of stuff that was working and focused on forcing the run so much. It really baffles me.
And this isn't a "I hate Pete comment" however this is a very Pete Carroll type trait.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Yeah.. I don't get why we went away from a lot of stuff that was working and focused on forcing the run so much. It really baffles me.
And this isn't a "I hate Pete comment" however this is a very Pete Carroll type trait.
Carroll for sure likes to run a certain type of offense. What we're doing on offense now doesn't match what we did when we were on our hot streak. It's a recurring theme with the Seahawks. The offense always seems to have a late season slump.

It always seems to devolve into backyard football and pounding it up the middle out of the shotgun.

Polk738

Reaction score
I just hope he makes his blocks this time and doesn't whiff his assignments

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yea - I thought it was just me - but there seems to be a FIRST half of the season playcalling - with all kinda new TE fronts and misdirection and cool stuff - just sprinkled in right.

AND THEN there seems to be the SECOND half of the season. Smells like Waldron got steered.

cymatica

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it. They had several games they blew already that could have used "a little something"

Mase

Reaction score
— Allow me to offer a little help about offensive changes. You see, the other team has a defense. When they see a team doing something successfully, they make adjustments to take that away. It is up to the offense then to counter adjust. We have not done that well. I think we throw too much on early downs, as I am impressed with what Smith has done, but still believe he is limited.

Mase

WarHawks

Reaction score
Parkinson td three plays into the game. Nice.

Chevy

Reaction score
He is finally has playing time to where he is taking advantage of his opportunity. He was a former 5-star recruit coming out of high school. Dude is 6'7" tall and athletic. Today Geno throw a ball to him that only a 6'6" or taller player could catch over the defender. That was Parks TD reception.

Polk738

Reaction score
The something special was benching Jordan Brooks and the Jets don't score a TD

seafence82

Reaction score
Yea - I thought it was just me - but there seems to be a FIRST half of the season playcalling - with all kinda new TE fronts and misdirection and cool stuff - just sprinkled in right.

AND THEN there seems to be the SECOND half of the season. Smells like Waldron got steered.
I love how people on message boards think a HC would intentionally force a coordinator to change something that is working because it isn't done in 'his preferred style'. It's almost like not understanding other teams adapt to tape and every game and matchups are different.

renofox

Reaction score
I love how people on message boards think a HC would intentionally force a coordinator to change something that is working because it isn't done in 'his preferred style'. It's almost like not understanding other teams adapt to tape and every game and matchups are different.
Adjustments to gameplans are continuous throughout the season as teams adjust to what you are doing well - that is a given.

However, for the last 6 years PC's adjustments ALWAYS seem to be going back to:

1) calling an extraordinary amount of running up the middle even when the OL is repeatedly showing they cannot open holes, and

2) going away from any sort of quick passing and relying on long-developing routes against good pass-rushing DLs.

These "adjustments" to the gameplanning always fail, but we've been seeing the same thing year after year after year after...

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Adjustments to gameplans are continuous throughout the season as teams adjust to what you are doing well - that is a given.

However, for the last 6 years PC's adjustments ALWAYS seem to be going back to:

1) calling an extraordinary amount of running up the middle even when the OL is repeatedly showing they cannot open holes, and

2) going away from any sort of quick passing and relying on long-developing routes against good pass-rushing DLs.

These "adjustments" to the gameplanning always fail, but we've been seeing the same thing year after year after year after...
This is what I was trying to say. Seems to me anyhow. Seems like Geno drank the kool-aid for a stretch there. Yesterday seemed more Geno-October-ish to me. You can tell Geno's spreading the ball well when 14 don't like it! ;)