Clowney - Off-Season Pass Rush Camp

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Nice article noting JClowney attending a pass-rushing camp with Julius Peppers. (I think this is the same one that Jacob Martin attended earlier this year).

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ney-honing-pass-rush-skills-with-14091071.php

Devoting himself to increasing his knowledge of rushing the passer, Clowney participated in retired nine-time Pro Bowl selection Julius Peppers' inaugural pass rushing camp this week in Miami.

...Clowney, entering his sixth season after being the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, left a strong impression on the coaches.

"I thought JD was a humble guy who is really open to learning new stuff," said Smith, who has known Clowney for several years. "He really wants to be great and improve his pass-rush technique. He's a really good person and he deserves the success because he's putting in the work. I think he's going to have a good year. He has added some signature pass rushing moves.

..."Sometimes, it takes different players different times to take that next step," Smith said. "Everybody matures at a different rate. His potential is off the charts. Now, he's putting in a different kind of work with his skills. The pass rush training is going to pay big dividends and increase his pass rushing IQ. This is a different way of looking at pass rushing so it resonates more. He's around guys who have had success and are proven. I'm really excited about Jadeveon.

Usa today 98051780

Latest posts