Clowney - Off-Season Pass Rush Camp

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Nice article noting JClowney attending a pass-rushing camp with Julius Peppers. (I think this is the same one that Jacob Martin attended earlier this year).

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ney-honing-pass-rush-skills-with-14091071.php

Devoting himself to increasing his knowledge of rushing the passer, Clowney participated in retired nine-time Pro Bowl selection Julius Peppers' inaugural pass rushing camp this week in Miami.

...Clowney, entering his sixth season after being the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, left a strong impression on the coaches.

"I thought JD was a humble guy who is really open to learning new stuff," said Smith, who has known Clowney for several years. "He really wants to be great and improve his pass-rush technique. He's a really good person and he deserves the success because he's putting in the work. I think he's going to have a good year. He has added some signature pass rushing moves.

..."Sometimes, it takes different players different times to take that next step," Smith said. "Everybody matures at a different rate. His potential is off the charts. Now, he's putting in a different kind of work with his skills. The pass rush training is going to pay big dividends and increase his pass rushing IQ. This is a different way of looking at pass rushing so it resonates more. He's around guys who have had success and are proven. I'm really excited about Jadeveon.

Usa today 98051780