Clay Mathews fined for hitting a 9er

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Why is this an argument? The NFL reviewed it and decided they were gonna charge Clay his lunch money.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
I don't understand how any sane person that knows the game of football can look at that play and say Matthews shouldn't have been fined/penalized. His actions should have gotten him ejected.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
look@dafilm":3r3vv2bo said:
I don't understand how any sane person that knows the game of football can look at that play and say Matthews shouldn't have been fined/penalized. His actions should have gotten him ejected.

It's just a sign of how deep the antipathy is for the niners among some Hawks fans.

I mean, I'm a niners fan and will happily agree that Kam's hit that knocked Vernon out was textbook and definitely shouldn't have been penalized (one of my favorite players got knocked the hell out on a clean and beautiful hit, and the refs messed up) , but arguing that Matthews shouldn't have gotten a flag on that is beyond bizarre.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Axx":1y1rexry said:
So kap is getting the same protection as brady now???

Kap = $$$ (along with every Franchise QB, especially the more nationally popular ones)

Besides that, it was an example for the rest of the year for other players that want to take late hits on the NFL's various money trees. Matthews got fined. The next guy might think twice about it. All about money.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
You guys should be happy hat the league isn't going to tolerate late hits on mobile QB's, instead of finding yet another stupid thing to complain about the Niners.

C-Dub

Reaction score
I thought it was great seeing Kaep pull people off instead of getting involved in the mass of bodies. I was surprised by that. No doubt Wilson would do the same. However, Giacomini would be right there to tear a head off of someone.

Latest posts