Christine Michael released, claimed by Packers

kidhawk

Reaction score
bighawk":1bzcpwlw said:
I disagree that Jenkins is only signed until Bennett is ready to come back . This is a playoff move in particular against the cowboys. Our run defense needs improving.

This is quite possible, but they have until they need to activate Morgan in 2 weeks to make that decision, so this can be considered a trial. If he's earned a spot, someone else will have to go to make room for Morgan's return.

Largent80

Reaction score
Alex Collins must be Charlie Sheen in practice ("Winning !!!!")

Because even though he has limited snaps, for a skill position player, they are severely lacking in any positive plays unless you call a fumble BY said player to a fumble recovery by someone else on the team equal........I don't. He is an RB first and foremost.

The bottom line is they see something, so we just need to trust them on it.

northseahawk

Reaction score
WoW, this is the height of hypocrisy of the NFL. This guy didn't deserve this. Maybe at the end of the year, let him go. But they let a rookie who is slow as a cow stay and just got rid of their leading rusher like a used tissue! All the best to CM.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This move has nothing to do with Alex Collins, and everything to do with Christine Michael.

Could see this coming from his actions (or inaction) on the field.

Jville

Reaction score
Michael was persistent in checking with Wilson for clarification after breaking the huddle. That was a constant distraction that slowed uptempo objectives. I also often wondered about Michael unintentionally telegraphing plays thru out his time with the Seahawks. For me, those drawbacks never really got corrected.

News of Michaels release was not a surprise. It' might even be fair to speculate that he wasn't seeing those "dark creases". I'll remember him as more of a freelancer than a disciplined one cut ball carrier wired for a precise blocking game.

Good Luck Christine Michael ...... and thanks for all your effort.

Largent80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3e4wks6z said:
This move has nothing to do with Alex Collins, and everything to do with Christine Michael.

Could see this coming from his actions (or inaction) on the field.

It does, because CMike has been the bellcow for the first half. And put up decent numbers, they just got tired of his forward stumbles. As raw as Collins is, they are hoping he is Beast Lite. He isn't but they think so and we are fans and have to roll.

CMike had good numbers, it's his style that got him cut. Just look at Prosise and his hitting attitude. Maybe they think Collins will get that attitude and can buy an extra gear on Amazon. To me, he looks like a slug.

bighawk

Reaction score
According to Seattle times. Michael being cut is no surprise but Pope should be elevated to the active roster.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3q0b3gq8 said:
Am I the only one not surprised by this? I appreciate Michael for his time here, but what I saw from Prosise made me not want to see Michael on the field Sunday. Michael would be much better suited to play somewhere the Oline can open holes and get more push than we can here. He's just doesn't seem to be able to get over the hump when it comes to Yards after Contact.

Would he have been a better option than a guy like Collins as a third stringer? Possibly, but do we really want to go that deep? If it comes to that I would almost like to see Pope brought up and see what he's got at this juncture. Either way, I don't want this to sound like a bashing post, because it's not, I trully appreciate the effort and work he obviously put forth here since his return, and I only wish him the best of luck moving forward.
He was in Dallas behind that line and couldn't do it there..I think he is done and Collins should leave with him

Smellyman

Reaction score
Michael in the game was always worrisome. That worry is now gone.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Jville":w0khpprk said:
Michael was persistent in checking with Wilson for clarification after breaking the huddle. That was a constant distraction that slowed uptempo objectives. I also often wondered about Michael unintentionally telegraphing plays thru out his time with the Seahawks. For me, those drawbacks never really got corrected.

News of Michaels release was not a surprise. It' might even be fair to speculate that he wasn't seeing those "dark creases". I'll remember him as more of a freelancer than a disciplined one cut ball carrier wired for a precise blocking game.

Good Luck Christine Michael ...... and thanks for all your effort.

That kind of thing loses you football games. Could be a huge part of why Michael was released. And, for all we know, a good part of why our offense couldn't sustain drives and kept leaving the defense on the field for 59 minutes a game.

Doesn't matter if he's your leading rusher or not, that's the sort of thing that leaves a mark. And with the game Prosise just had, it probably made a necessary decision even easier.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Just a bummer a cool story of redemption that did not work out.

Fade

Reaction score
IndyHawk":27p8gdod said:
kidhawk":27p8gdod said:
Am I the only one not surprised by this? I appreciate Michael for his time here, but what I saw from Prosise made me not want to see Michael on the field Sunday. Michael would be much better suited to play somewhere the Oline can open holes and get more push than we can here. He's just doesn't seem to be able to get over the hump when it comes to Yards after Contact.

Would he have been a better option than a guy like Collins as a third stringer? Possibly, but do we really want to go that deep? If it comes to that I would almost like to see Pope brought up and see what he's got at this juncture. Either way, I don't want this to sound like a bashing post, because it's not, I trully appreciate the effort and work he obviously put forth here since his return, and I only wish him the best of luck moving forward.
He was in Dallas behind that line and couldn't do it there..I think he is done and Collins should leave with him
Dallas cut C-Mike because he refused to wear a suit on a road trip. True story.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This move also tends to lend more credence to the thought that Michael was really thought of as our third string back and that the injuries to both Rawls and Prosise were the major reason he got the carries to start the year. This may not be the case, but it does have some possible merits.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Just a thought-maybe they released cmike because they thought he might have the best chance of clearing waivers.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm not a C-Mike fan, never have been, but even I can see there's more to this story than meets the eye! An out of the blue injury during Friday's practice, that had him listed as questionable, then he barely saw the field during the game, lined up wrong and asked the QB repeatedly what to do. Not to mention the last couple of weeks he was non existent! He either realized his time had come, meaning he was told Prosise was taking over or he really was hurt, or he just showed more of his immaturity! We will probably never know for sure, but IMHO, there's is more at play than a few bad games and decisions! What I do know though is our rookie looks like he may be "Prosisely" what we need!

nash72

Reaction score
Front Office knows a ton more than I do, but I'm kind of surprised at this move. Collins just seems absolutely worthless to me. Had to be something behind the scenes in my opinion.

rcaido

Reaction score
Prosise had a huge game & my guess Michaels coudln't handle it. I still like the guy but a good backup just in case. At least there is a chance for him to get picked up. So many teams need a RB like Vikings, Packers, 49ers, Giants come to mind.