Chris Collinsworth

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Collinsworth has a voice similar to nails on a chalk board.
That being said, he's one of the few color commentators I like. All of the Fox crews have a clear bias in each game, and do their best to influence the viewer as to who the viewer should be cheering for.

Their "analysis" is mostly opinion. They'll go back to a controversial call in the 1st quarter, as the game is now in the third quarter, and beat that horse to death, acting like the whole game was decided then.

Aikman is a bum, Ronde Barber is lame, Daryl Johnston is too negative, Charles Davis is a blowhard. Schlareth is a homer. They're all terrible. Imo

The CBS crews are boring and put me to sleep. Except for Romo, who finds a way to analyze every tedious, minute detail of the game, and things not pertaining to the game, then interjects with his obnoxious little sound effects. Romo is the equivalent of listening to some know it all stranger at the bar go on and on about his varsity playing days, and how the QB coulda, shoulda, woulda done this differently.

trharder

Reaction score
Hmm. More proof that announcers are a personal preference. CC is one of my favorites.
He stated during the game that RW is the best deep ball thrower in the league. Then used a replay to illustrate why. He had lots of good things to say about Pete and other players. I'm pretty sensitive to announcers who are biased against Seattle, but I have never counted CC as one. CC uses less national perceptions of the Seahawks and relies more on doing his homework.

Vesuve

Reaction score
potatohead":2a3cxgj4 said:
fenderbender123":2a3cxgj4 said:
He's the best commentator in the business.

People hating on CC just shows that people will hate on anyone. He is fantastic and makes watching the game far more entertaining.

CC is good, IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Collingsworth is a supporter of whomever is under center MORE OFTEN THEN NOT.

sutz

Reaction score
I always love the hate threads about game announcers. :snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
SlickRick":cepstd0v said:
He was all over patty mahomes, I thought I was listening to a chiefs broadcast at times

He was drooling all aver Wilson too, I saw no bias there at all. :?:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can you blame him though, Mahomes is off to an amazing start and is likely the MVP of the league.

seedhawk

Reaction score
CC's biggest problem is, he is just too damn honest for most fans to stomach.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Collinsworth slobs the Seahawks knob every time they are on TV. Because every time he doses one of their games the Hawks win and recently they have won by a large margin. Chris Collinsworth is a major Seahawk fan.

SlickRick

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1jcnbij9 said:
SlickRick":1jcnbij9 said:
He was all over patty mahomes, I thought I was listening to a chiefs broadcast at times

He could not have given Wilson more praise in that game. Did you just block those parts out?

Mahome has had an MVP-level year. How do you not talk about that guy a lot during a broadcast?

It's just me bmorepunk. When I get into a hawks game I don't want to hear any praise for the other team. It's just me being selfish is all. I get into the hawks can beat anyone one any day mode. Competitive Rick comes out Haha

potatohead

Reaction score
SlickRick":2l5ioqpi said:
bmorepunk":2l5ioqpi said:
SlickRick":2l5ioqpi said:

He could not have given Wilson more praise in that game. Did you just block those parts out?

Mahome has had an MVP-level year. How do you not talk about that guy a lot during a broadcast?

It's just me bmorepunk. When I get into a hawks game I don't want to hear any praise for the other team. It's just me being selfish is all. I get into the hawks can beat anyone on any day mode.

Do you live your life with your head in the sand or something? It’s a national broadcast game.

SlickRick

Reaction score
No I don't Haha, like I said I'm just selfish when it comes to the hawks

mrblitz

Reaction score
i like how he gets into tactics, like toward the beginning, 'you see baldwin in single coverage and think russell is going to go there, but they run, because that's the identity they're trying to establish', and then later in the game, 'looks like the seahawks should go after these kansas city corners and see what happens'.

collinsworth sees some tactical details that the football layman might not otherwise notice. ymmv

capncrunch

Reaction score
Worrying too much about what broadcasters say reminds me of ten year olds complaining about their dad cheering more loudly for their sibling than them. I think CC is awesome. I am always glad when we get him. I would not mind an upgrade over Al M though.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about him is when he starts going on about penalty's 'he thought' should have been called...

capncrunch

Reaction score
Worrying too much about what broadcasters say reminds me of ten year olds complaining about their dad cheering more loudly for their sibling than them. I think CC is awesome. I am always glad when we get him. I would not mind an upgrade over Al M though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I thought he was universally hated. This is the first time I've ever heard of people liking his commentary. Its not what he says, its how he sounds and says it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
he's great.

called RW an MVP candidate and called him the best deep passer in the game.

Also when they sarcastically called the Patriots organization a jovial bunch they got more cred.

Latest posts