Chiefs are pretty annoying

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
All I am saying nobody has room to talk right now. Both teams have issues.

Polaris

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1zxcg6la said:

True, both teams have issues. I still think that Bill Parcells in the NFL had it basically right (in the NFL anyway): You are what your record says you are.

That said, we'll soon see about the Chiefs. If they can weather the second half of their schedule, then I tip my cap to them, but I think it's very safe to say that the hardest part of their schedule is ahead of them.

Frankly I like the Chiefs as a team, and I respect the hell out of Andy Reid and what he's done. I just don't like some of their fans.....

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Polaris":2ysg52ju said:
lvnginhwktwn":2ysg52ju said:

True, both teams have issues. I still think that Bill Parcells in the NFL had it basically right (in the NFL anyway): You are what your record says you are.

That said, we'll soon see about the Chiefs. If they can weather the second half of their schedule, then I tip my cap to them, but I think it's very safe to say that the hardest part of their schedule is ahead of them.

Frankly I like the Chiefs as a team, and I respect the hell out of Andy Reid and what he's done. I just don't like some of their fans.....

I think the Chiefs next game after their by week is Denver, if they can beat or atleast keep it a close game then I would say they're legit. Either way it's pretty damn impressive to see a team go from 2-14 to 9-0.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm tired of people whipping out Parcells's quote of you are who your record says you are.

If that was true, the top two seeds would win the Super Bowl each year. Instead, we see 10-6 wild cards coming in and winning the Lombardi half the time in the last decade. Your regular season record doesn't mean crap once you hit the playoffs, and the playoffs are what matter. That doesn't mean a higher seed doesn't help get you deeper in the playoffs, it does, but it doesn't help you at all in the actual big game itself in February.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't stand the most boring QB in the NFL, Alex, but otherwise I couldn't give a rip about the Chiefs. Don't play em, AFC. They have zero effect on a Seattle path to the SB, and the more games they win, the worse the picks they give to the Niners for Alex.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2ql6iemx said:
Sarlacc83":2ql6iemx said:
Funny how the Niners fans are back on this board during their bye week. Maybe y'all should win a game against a team with a +.500 record before talking?

You mean like Green Bay? You had to go into OT against a 0-7 team at home in front of your precious 12. Keep talking gonna laugh my ass off when you guys don't get as far you predict. Your record and your "wins" will get you to the playoffs but if you play like the last two games, you will one and done.

Yesterday was at home? 1pm start, 0-7 team, 12th man, calls going your way, the perfect scenario and you still had to go to OT to win. You should wait to see if your team can fix it's issues before you talk too much about any other team.

This thread is too ironic to take seriously.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s3tzbaex said:
I'm tired of people whipping out Parcells's quote of you are who your record says you are.

If that was true, the top two seeds would win the Super Bowl each year. Instead, we see 10-6 wild cards coming in and winning the Lombardi half the time in the last decade. Your regular season record doesn't mean crap once you hit the playoffs, and the playoffs are what matter. That doesn't mean a higher seed doesn't help get you deeper in the playoffs, it does, but it doesn't help you at all in the actual big game itself in February.

With respect it does matter for playoff seeding. However, after that (and I'm sure you'll agree) that in the playoffs, your record is reset to 0-0.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":kkeu5s16 said:
Sarlacc83":kkeu5s16 said:
Funny how the Niners fans are back on this board during their bye week. Maybe y'all should win a game against a team with a +.500 record before talking?

You mean like Green Bay? You had to go into OT against a 0-7 team at home in front of your precious 12. Keep talking gonna laugh my ass off when you guys don't get as far you predict. Your record and your "wins" will get you to the playoffs but if you play like the last two games, you will one and done.

Yesterday was at home? 1pm start, 0-7 team, 12th man, calls going your way, the perfect scenario and you still had to go to OT to win. You should wait to see if your team can fix it's issues before you talk too much about any other team.

Your team could only muster 3 points in the same place. The only score you need to be concerned about is the 29-3 pasting the Niners had at the hand of the Seahawks. Just sayin'.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love how this guy claims calls were going our way. One of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life was Earl Thomas's interception being called "pass interference".

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2e5ovyzd said:
I can't stand the most boring QB in the NFL, Alex, but otherwise I couldn't give a rip about the Chiefs. Don't play em, AFC. They have zero effect on a Seattle path to the SB, and the more games they win, the worse the picks they give to the Niners for Alex.

I disagree very slightly, the Seahawks Super Bowl odds (Football Outsiders) have climbed steadily all season, recently surpassing the Broncos despite a sizable DVOA gap (before falling back to #2 last week). That has everything to do with the Chiefs 1st place status and the prospect that they could make Denver a 14-2 or 13-3 wildcard team. Denver is far less likely to make the big game with 3 road games compared to two home games. The less likely Denver is to make the big game, the more likely Seattle is to win it all.

It's only made maybe a 4% difference in the odds (a jump from 16% to 20%), but I'll take anything I can get. Go Chiefs!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3474ni6o said:
Scottemojo":3474ni6o said:

I disagree very slightly, the Seahawks Super Bowl odds (Football Outsiders) have climbed steadily all season, recently surpassing the Broncos despite a sizable DVOA gap. That has everything to do with the Chiefs 1st place status and the prospect that they could make Denver a 14-2 or 13-3 wildcard team. The less likely Denver is to make the big game, the more likely Seattle is to win it all.

It's only made maybe a 4% difference in the odds (a jump from 16% to 20%), but I'll take anything I can get. Go Chiefs!
I like my reason better, but yes, Go Chiefs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3qk970ef said:
Sarlacc83":3qk970ef said:

I smell troll and it stinks.

el capitan

Reaction score
ColtsGuy":3t0ba0aw said:
lvnginhwktwn":3t0ba0aw said:
Sarlacc83":3t0ba0aw said:

While I understand your point, the Bucs are winless, and hungry, and let it all hang out, classic trap game, and seattle overcame a pretty large deficit to win, a win is a win, at the end of the day thats all that matters.

This is awesome. A Colts fan arguing with a 49ers fan on a Seahawks forum in a thread about the Chiefs.

Pak40.

Reaction score
kearly":2xtzmcct said:
Scottemojo":2xtzmcct said:

I disagree very slightly, the Seahawks Super Bowl odds (Football Outsiders) have climbed steadily all season, recently surpassing the Broncos despite a sizable DVOA gap (before falling back to #2 last week). That has everything to do with the Chiefs 1st place status and the prospect that they could make Denver a 14-2 or 13-3 wildcard team. Denver is far less likely to make the big game with 3 road games compared to two home games. The less likely Denver is to make the big game, the more likely Seattle is to win it all.

You better stop worrying about playing the broncos in the superbowl and start worrying about the colts.

Pak40.

Reaction score
el capitan":3w2amk52 said:
ColtsGuy":3w2amk52 said:
lvnginhwktwn":3w2amk52 said:
Sarlacc83":3w2amk52 said:

While I understand your point, the Bucs are winless, and hungry, and let it all hang out, classic trap game, and seattle overcame a pretty large deficit to win, a win is a win, at the end of the day thats all that matters.

This is awesome. A Colts fan arguing with a 49ers fan on a Seahawks forum in a thread about the Chiefs.

How 'bout them cowboys!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Pak40.":lwg8yyl6 said:
You better stop worrying about playing the broncos in the superbowl and start worrying about the colts.

Colts are in a lot of trouble ATM, Richarson sucks and they are down to Hilton and various other scrub WR's, I'll be amazed if they could beat Denver or KC on the road in January.

Pak40.

Reaction score
12th_Bob":v4ee2yrc said:
Pak40.":v4ee2yrc said:

Colts are in a lot of trouble ATM, Richarson sucks and they are down to Hilton and various other scrub WR's, I'll be amazed if they could beat Denver or KC on the road in January.

Everyone is in trouble but the seahawks apparently.

Latest posts