CHEATED!!

Marvin49

Reaction score
IronSaint":2tdyjdtb said:
Stanley":2tdyjdtb said:
Please, your big boys were clothes lining our dline all night. One call...ONE HOLDING CALL. Kwaun Williams PI...BS. Don’t blame the refs.
LMAO, I know you're not crying about another team's OL holding when y'all still trotting out Joe Staley's sorry ass at LT. He holds ALMOST as much as Andrew Whitworth and is never called for it.

Overall y'all are a good team, just admit y'all got a gift and move on from it. Y'all are sounding like those Rams fans acting like they didn't get a free ride to the Super Bowl last year.

DUDE.

What Niner fans object to is the thought process that is "the Niners just got lucky" as if that call, PI or not, was the only difference. That's BS. SO MANY previous calls to even get the game in that situation.

I don't think it was PI because what the TE was trying to do was commit OPI and not get caught. He intentionally ran into the defender to knock him back and then push off to create space. Had Warner NOT held on would you have insisted that was OPI? Of course not. It was your desired result. That's why it wasn't called.

Outside of that play the Seahawks had SEVEN tries from the 12 to score and failed. SEVEN.

Where is the outrage on the 15 yard penalty on the previous drive? Where is the outrage on the drive extending PI on Williams on the previous Seattle drive.

The problem with all this hubbub over this call is that it required suspension of the rest of the game and a completely myopic view.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":1ben78ja said:
Seattle had 8 plays. Yes 8 plays to execute and get in the end zone.
Seattle did NOT show up for 4 quarters.
Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

Never have we agreed so much. LOL.

The outrage to me should NOT have been over the PI. It should be over the WTF delay of game.

Braap49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hyr8ola said:
ringless":1hyr8ola said:
Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

Never have we agreed so much. LOL.

The outrage to me should NOT have been over the PI. It should be over the WTF delay of game.

Thank youuuuu!

Every time Seattle loses its because of the refs. They have these seaturd colored glasses on. When Marvin shows a PICTURE OF REAL PROOF, they still fully deny it. At that point, you just have to laugh. It’s like arguing with your 6 year old kid. LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE DELAY OF GAME ON THE ONE YARD LINE. Seahawks did this to themselves.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
evergreen":1hxyvo7i said:
People are acting like it was a given that we score after the catch by Ursua. One chance and time is up. It almost helped that we moved back to remove any idea of a run. We got three plays instead of one........
I think you and I are the only ones that see this/believe it to be true. The delay was nearly Keystone cops like but imo if Lynch comes in there, it's as nothing more than a decoy anyway cuz Seattle was out of time outs and were going to throw to be able to get 3 shots to the end zone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Braap49er":1i0www89 said:
Every time Seattle loses its because of the refs. They have these seaturd colored glasses on. When Marvin shows a PICTURE OF REAL PROOF, they still fully deny it. At that point, you just have to laugh. It’s like arguing with your 6 year old kid........
Mods, this is complete trolling. "seaturd" especially makes it so. Please warn and or ban this person

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I actually agree with the 49ers/Cardinals fans in this thread more than the 12s. What's happening to me?

The only finger pointing that should be going on after that loss should be directed in the mirror, not towards the officiating

hawks85

Reaction score
If anyone thinks these 2 teams wont play each other again in the playoffs your insane. The NFL is a money first driven corporation. The viewer numbers for both of their games were insane. Highest of any games during the regular season I think, or maybe top 3, something like that. I already stated a week before that Seattle will lose a close tight game, and they will win a close tight game in San Fran.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ringless":3bh69jfi said:

Because it ofttimes only takes ONE good play to win a game...case in point--->it only took ONE play by the 9rs D to Stop Hollister from making it to the goal line.
oh and, it was 13 - zip, 49rs at the half, the Seahawks fought their way back, and was only down by 5 points, and had a chance of winning the 2nd matchup against the whiners this season, and but for the OBVIOUS PI that wasn't even given a review, the Seahawks get another set of downs from the 1 yard line.

Washington49er

Reaction score
scutterhawk":n40nt9f8 said:
ringless":n40nt9f8 said:

Because it ofttimes only takes ONE good play to win a game...case in point--->it only took ONE play by the 9rs D to Stop Hollister from making it to the goal line.
oh and, it was 13 - zip, 49rs at the half, the Seahawks fought their way back, and was only down by 5 points, and had a chance of winning the 2nd matchup against the whiners this season, and but for the OBVIOUS PI that wasn't even given a review, the Seahawks get another set of downs from the 1 yard line.

Dude seriously, Hawks got the benefit of calls and non calls throughout the game and you still completely ignor the delay of game penalty.

Marvin49

Reaction score
scutterhawk":vr9nlwsi said:
ringless":vr9nlwsi said:

So...effectively, with the TE TRYING to commit an OPI to score, 8 tries wasn't enough so you wanted 11 tries from the 12 to win the game.

Come on dude. The game wasn't lost on the PI whether it should have been called or not. Game should never have been there. Seahawks were gifted a 1st down on their previous possession and were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the 49ers possession to even set that situation up.

The Seahawks couldn't stop the 49ers O in the second half and the only thing that did was a ticky tack personal foul on a player who clearly didn't know the play was over.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35kd437r said:
Other way around and you Niner fans would be going nuts. Don't try to act like you wouldn't.

I have stated on this site on multiple occasions I'd probably be upset about the call and that I'd be wrong. That's the reason I'm not really arguing the call all that much. While I think it was a good no call I can't say I wouldn't be angry about it were I more emotionally attached. I still think Crabtree was interfered with in the SB.

Most of my argument has been whether or not that play was the "reason" for the Seattle loss or if this is an example of the league trying to screw the Seahawks in favor of promoting a "Legacy" team or "Market Building" in the Bay Area as if that was even necessary.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I haven’t read every post here.
I apologize if this has been addressed.

I also hadn’t thought about how this may have effected other teams in the playoff mix.

Tony D. Thought about it, and didn’t hold back.
Good on ya TD.
7b52609cd96ed14e7390f456a72ef67c.jpg

cymatica

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cogxnzp said:
scutterhawk":3cogxnzp said:
ringless":3cogxnzp said:

So...effectively, with the TE TRYING to commit an OPI to score, 8 tries wasn't enough so you wanted 11 tries from the 12 to win the game.

Come on dude. The game wasn't lost on the PI whether it should have been called or not. Game should never have been there. Seahawks were gifted a 1st down on their previous possession and were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the 49ers possession to even set that situation up.

The Seahawks couldn't stop the 49ers O in the second half and the only thing that did was a ticky tack personal foul on a player who clearly didn't know the play was over.

You are assuming the 49ers convert after that 15 yard penalty. It was a bad call, but you really have no basis to say they wouldn't have stopped them. SF only had 13 points in the 1st half despite Seattle getting under 100 yards.

You are also assuming the TE was trying to commit OPI. If you watch the replay, he was trying to run a run, which the 49er defender moved into. Then when turning for the ball, both his arms were wrapped up. There really is no justification to say it wasn't DPI, except for your opinion of what he was trying to do.

Marvin49

Reaction score
cymatica":19nv01a7 said:
Marvin49":19nv01a7 said:
scutterhawk":19nv01a7 said:
ringless":19nv01a7 said:

You are assuming the 49ers convert after that 15 yard penalty. It was a bad call, but you really have no basis to say they wouldn't have stopped them. SF only had 13 points in the 1st half despite Seattle getting under 100 yards.

You are also assuming the TE was trying to commit OPI. If you watch the replay, he was trying to run a run, which the 49er defender moved into. Then when turning for the ball, both his arms were wrapped up. There really is no justification to say it wasn't DPI, except for your opinion of what he was trying to do.

1) You have no evidence to say they DON'T convert and the Niners had matched Seattle score for score until that drive. You can't tell me there is no difference between 3rd and 5 and 3rd and 20. Come on.

The point here tho is that its an entirely different game if that's 3rd and 5 and not 3rd and 20. Who knows what happens. The chances tho at a conversion on that down are astronomically larger on 3rd and 5.

I can also make the argument that there is no evidence that the Seahawks score from the 1 if PI IS called. Of course the chances go way up just as they do on 3rd and 5, but if they get stuffed as they had done previously in the game on 4th and one, there is no guarantee there is even another play with the clock ticking.

2) The entire point of that play is for the TE to initiate contact and pull away. This isn't a complaint BTW. Kittle runs that sort of play. All TEs do. You initiate contact, the defender is pushed back, and you cut back to create space. The TEs are begins to extend inside to push away. If he extends completely that's OPI.

Warner doesn't let that happen and fans call PI.

That's why I think its a good no call. No OPI, no PI.

I can see how fans would be upset tho which is why I don't argue it all that strongly, even though IMO its a good no call.

Latest posts