CHEATED!!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Not hearing any mention of the BS spot on the Lockett catch just before the end of the first half on a 3rd and 11. He got all 11 yards but the ref marked it as 10 and the next play Beast gets stuffed for no gain on 4th and 1 on the Niner 41. No challenge, no booth review, no mention by the announcers.

We can talk about the DPI being BS and it was but the delay of game was self-inflicted and killed the comeback. Inexcusable.

TwilightError

Reaction score
SeaWolv":287wkpai said:
Not hearing any mention of the BS spot on the Lockett catch just before the end of the first half on a 3rd and 11. He got all 11 yards but the ref marked it as 10 and the next play Beast gets stuffed for no gain on 4th and 1 on the Niner 41. No challenge, no booth review, no mention by the announcers.

We can talk about the DPI being BS and it was but the delay of game was self-inflicted and killed the comeback. Inexcusable.

This. All of it.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
TwilightError":2j16f069 said:
SeaWolv":2j16f069 said:

This. All of it.

I mean seriously....all they had to do at 2nd and goal on the one yard line is send Lynch over the top 3 times. No way they stop him all 3 times. TD game over Hawks win.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1y04uf0d said:

Rewatch the play. His knees were down before he fell forward over the line.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Officiating this year sucks... I've been calling it the WWNFL now for a while, and it does seem like games are steered. However.... as crappy a finish as last night was, my biggest take away from the game is just how bad Seattle's defense is. Not sure if the Hawks get through next week, but I would think improving the D gotta be #1 priority in the offseason. Even at full strength, they're not good.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think if Fant stays down the refs give us the 4th TO. But he didn't, he jumped up and hobbled to the line.

Frustrating comedy of errors for sure, but if we're handing out percentage of blame, I'd go;

90% Pete and his coaches bungling getting the play in after the spike.
8% Non-PI call
2% refs not giving us the 4th injury TO

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":26ilj9pt said:
SeaWolv":26ilj9pt said:

I did, they weren't. it was clearly a 1st down.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2fzjo8xj said:
Marvin49":2fzjo8xj said:
SeaWolv":2fzjo8xj said:

I did, they weren't. it was clearly a 1st down.

No. It wasn't.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1211478171150946306[/tweet]

jeremiah

Reaction score
All year I have been commenting on how Pete and the coaching staff does not squeeze every single second of games. They have now lost 3 games this year because of sloppy time management. We should have beaten NO, we should have beaten AZ. We need a coach not a cheerleader. He is 95% great, but when nearly the same scenario happens with time management yesterday that happened in the Super Bowl, you have a problem. EVERY SINGLE SECOND is precious. Instead of cheering when we got first and goal at the one, it was time to spike it of course, but to have a plan for the next play. Not watching the play, minding the substitutions, or telling Russ to spike the ball again. They do have communication down after all these years don't they?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeaWolv":14zbq427 said:
TwilightError":14zbq427 said:
SeaWolv":14zbq427 said:

This. All of it.

I mean seriously....all they had to do at 2nd and goal on the one yard line is send Lynch over the top 3 times. No way they stop him all 3 times. TD game over Hawks win.
Do you understand that there were 22 seconds left in the game and Seattle had no time outs? Even 1 running play that doesn't get in and we maybe get one more play off, maybe.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Stanley":3pf8mf9v said:
Please, your big boys were clothes lining our dline all night. One call...ONE HOLDING CALL. Kwaun Williams PI...BS. Don’t blame the refs.
LMAO, I know you're not crying about another team's OL holding when y'all still trotting out Joe Staley's sorry ass at LT. He holds ALMOST as much as Andrew Whitworth and is never called for it.

Overall y'all are a good team, just admit y'all got a gift and move on from it. Y'all are sounding like those Rams fans acting like they didn't get a free ride to the Super Bowl last year.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Marvin49":1adns6lb said:

The spot should have been where the ball was when his knee touched not where his knee touched.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2k6c9mlq said:
Do you understand that there were 22 seconds left in the game and Seattle had no time outs? Even 1 running play that doesn't get in and we maybe get one more play off, maybe.

Fine then 2 plays, whatever, they aren't gonna stop Lynch twice on that type of play. Did you see his TD leap?

ringless

Reaction score
Seattle had 8 plays. Yes 8 plays to execute and get in the end zone.
Seattle did NOT show up for 4 quarters.
Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

evergreen

Reaction score
People are acting like it was a given that we score after the catch by Ursua. One chance and time is up. It almost helped that we moved back to remove any idea of a run. We got three plays instead of one. I know its very similar to the XlIX ending for good reason. At first we were worried about leaving time for them then we didn't have enough time of our own. I hate irony. Then we have to consider the time. We could've run two pass plays and then a goal line leap from Lynch tho if we hadn't blown the delay.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Call the OBVIOUS PI and the ball is right back on the 1. Come on, don't ignore what you saw with your own eyes.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kqve1bb said:
No. It wasn't.

In the bottom photo (poor quality, bad angle) his left hand is on the marker and the tip of the ball in the other hand appears to be as well, depending on where his knees are in relation to the turf, which you can't tell with that shot. It was so close it should have been reviewed and at the time it looked like he made it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeaWolv":h8ca7nj1 said:
Marvin49":h8ca7nj1 said:
No. It wasn't.

In the bottom photo (poor quality, bad angle) his left hand is on the marker and the tip of the ball in the other hand appears to be as well, depending on where his knees are in relation to the turf, which you can't tell with that shot. It was so close it should have been reviewed and at the time it looked like he made it.

um...

in the second shot its a far better angle than the one on TV that was supposedly "an obvious first down" and in the second shot that's BOTH KNEES....IE the more important shot is the FIRST angle because it only requires one.

Should it have been reviewed? Possibly, but it was FAR from an obvious first down as has been stated.

Latest posts