Chancellor's Fine

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
twisted_steel2":8nbevea3 said:
My take on this.... hey Kalil protect your self big boy. You're running along with the ball carrier straight up like a billboard not protecting yourself.

You're right next to the ball carrier with Seahawks defenders coming in like heat seeking missiles with bad intentions.

To me it looks like Kam missed with his hit. We've seen him do this before and blast other Seahawks, friendly fire. I agree he needs to get his head up, not very sound technique there.... but we can't see in his head and know it was intentional or not.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/657763894207758336[/tweet]

So... either Kam's fine with losing a bunch of money even though he sat out trying to get more money, or his poor tackling technique says he isn't as good as he thinks he is and doesn't really deserve that money he sat out trying to get.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2nth0ryc said:
chawx":2nth0ryc said:
hawknation2015":2nth0ryc said:
I was surprised it wasn't flagged when it happened. Kalil had the wind knocked out of him and had to sit out a few plays.

It's football, not Netflix and chill. Someone comes running up on you, trying to block you, you gotta pancake his ass...

well played, Kam. +1

Absolutely, but in the past, he has done so legally by keeping his head up and striking with his shoulder or arm.

KamDoes

Hitting someone with the crown of your helmet is dangerous to both the defender and the recipient of the illegal hit. It's just bad technique and deserved a flag. Kam is still playing catchup in returning to form.
Unless your name is Clay Mathews.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2kldplxq said:
Chancellor's fine.

Yes he is.

I was thinking along this line too.....YoU Da MAN.

Of course there was that concern thing that he may be injured or there is an issue with the wife or there is a spoke off his bicycle that needs repaired or he may need wood for the winter as it gets cold where he lives (where does he live again?) there is an endless bit of fun stuff we could have said...but um....uh.....nevermind.

Go hawks.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3cckazdn said:
hawknation2015":3cckazdn said:
chawx":3cckazdn said:
hawknation2015":3cckazdn said:
I was surprised it wasn't flagged when it happened. Kalil had the wind knocked out of him and had to sit out a few plays.

It's football, not Netflix and chill. Someone comes running up on you, trying to block you, you gotta pancake his ass...

well played, Kam. +1

Absolutely, but in the past, he has done so legally by keeping his head up and striking with his shoulder or arm.

KamDoes

Hitting someone with the crown of your helmet is dangerous to both the defender and the recipient of the illegal hit. It's just bad technique and deserved a flag. Kam is still playing catchup in returning to form.

Yeah, and Matthews was also fined for leading with his helmet. That hit on Foles was even worse because it was on a defenseless player and looked intentional to me.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Just remember, crown of the helmet is never allowed. Helmet to helmet on a "defenseless player" is the newer rule( I believe 2013). I thought "crown" was the forehead area and spearing was the "top" of the helmet but that's not correct now. Vernacular has changed over the years. Believe it or not coaches use to say 'put your crown right into his chest' and would put their hands over your face mask while saying it.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2fuc6uh6 said:
MD5eahawks":2fuc6uh6 said:

Yeah, and Matthews was also fined for leading with his helmet. That hit on Foles was even worse because it was on a defenseless player and looked intentional to me.
Looked intentional? That WAS intentional. I didn't see that he got fined. I hope it was expensive. That guy is a dirty player. People can say all they want about how good he is but he definitely gets in his fair share of dirty hits. With Kam, at least he is clean, or tries to be. Accidents happen. It's a very unpredictable sport because of it's speed. Players get turned so quickly, you just never know what's gonna happen from one second to another.

253hawk

Reaction score
Matthews' was $17,363. The guy obviously has a penchant for targeting QB's. Only the Detroit penalty wasn't against a QB.

10/16/2015 -- $17,363 (Roughing the passer against Nick Foles (STL)
01/23/2015 -- $22,050 (Blind-side hit against Russell Wilson (SEA)
12/06/2013 -- $15,75 (Helmet to Helmet hit against Detroit (DET)
11/15/2013 -- $15,750 (Roughing the Passer against Nick Foles (PHI)
09/13/2013 -- $15,000 (Late Hit out of Bounds against Colin Kaepernick (SF)
10/01/2010 -- $5,000 (Excessive facemask against Jay Cutler (CHI)