Carroll was arguing about Bryant kicking the ball...

fuego

Reaction score
...even though a time out had been called. He wasn't saying he didn't call a TO. I think he wanted a penalty. Nothing illegal about that.

As a matter of fact, the Ravens kicker actually went out on the field during the timeout before his kick and practiced on the field.

kidhawk

Reaction score
fuego":20ldmg6b said:
...even though a time out had been called. He wasn't saying he didn't call a TO. I think he wanted a penalty. Nothing illegal about that.

As a matter of fact, the Ravens kicker actually went out on the field during the timeout before his kick and practiced on the field.

Pete said in his presser after the game that the officials had told both teams that what happened in the ravens game, with the kicker practicing during a timeout, was not going to be allowed as it was against the rules. He added that when asked what would happen if someone did the same thing that day, apparently the officials had no answer.

OP
OP
fuego

fuego

Reaction score
An. Thx for the info. I was close.

Kickers always kick after the icing TO has been called. That's never been a penalty.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Until the Ravens game yesterday, I don't think I've ever seen a kicker kick the ball in warm ups without a net. That play was just really odd to me.

Rat

Reaction score
Can't blame Bryant for kicking the ball there. Even if the officials said they wouldn't allow it, I don't believe it's a penalty, so what's the worst they can do?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":r05191cj said:
Can't blame Bryant for kicking the ball there. Even if the officials said they wouldn't allow it, I don't believe it's a penalty, so what's the worst they can do?

As we saw...........not a damn thing

Russellmania3

Reaction score
How about not calling a time out ... I think Bryant had enough pressure in the first place

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
It should be a penalty you shouldnt be given free reign its stupid.

gocougs789

Reaction score
the fact that the whistle blew before the ball was snapped and before bryant even moved it should have been a penalty. Wouldn't have mattered though as he had plenty of leg

manders2600

Reaction score
gocougs789":2jj0i2ac said:
the fact that the whistle blew before the ball was snapped and before bryant even moved it should have been a penalty. Wouldn't have mattered though as he had plenty of leg

What would you want the penalty to be? They didn't do anything against the rules.

gocougs789

Reaction score
manders2600":1nhxbhba said:
gocougs789":1nhxbhba said:

What would you want the penalty to be? They didn't do anything against the rules.

It would have likely been a 5 yd delay of game penalty which is why I said it wouldn't have mattered. The referees apparently warned both teams about "practice" kicks before the game. Go back and watch, the whistle clearly came before the snap and before Bryant even moved. He even seemed to hesitate and then go for it. I dont blame him, ultimately it was a stupid move on pete's fault to cut it that close.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me. He deserves the loss, because he called the timeout. Icing the kicker is the stupidest thing ever and I hate it when coaches do that. You deserve what you get when you do it.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't think this was the same situation as the Baltimore one. The Ravens weren't lined up for a FG. That was just a timeout, and the kciker came onto the field with his tee to try a warm up kick. It wasn't an "ice the kicker" move like today. I think the whislte blowing at the same time etc affected that first kick. I don't think you can say "if we hadn't called timeout he would have missed it"

BillHawks

Reaction score
It can't be a penalty, it comes after a timeout. I think they'd have to get creative with how they enforced that rule, it would be so subjective. Sometimes I can't even hear the whistles on TV at the Clink.

Every time I try to think of a way to penalize this I end up finding holes in my ideas.

razor150

Reaction score
That idea of icing the kicker is stupid. I doubt that any kicker has missed because some coach called timeout.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":14iefxjy said:
What should have been done?
Blow the whistle, and if he kicks the damned ball AFTER the whistle, and it gets penalized for "Delay Of Game",,The Refs call that all the time.
Or maybe they should just let him practice for a half hour before the actual kick :141847_bnono:

chawx

Reaction score
Unsportsmanlike conduct. 15-yard penalty, 10 second run off, and the kicker has to be blindfolded on the next play...

manders2600

Reaction score
gocougs789":2mm1foa9 said:
manders2600":2mm1foa9 said:
gocougs789":2mm1foa9 said:

It would have likely been a 5 yd delay of game penalty which is why I said it wouldn't have mattered. The referees apparently warned both teams about "practice" kicks before the game. Go back and watch, the whistle clearly came before the snap and before Bryant even moved. He even seemed to hesitate and then go for it. I dont blame him, ultimately it was a stupid move on pete's fault to cut it that close.

You can't get a delay-of-game DURING a timeout.

manders2600

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3ovlt8sg said:
Rat":3ovlt8sg said:
What should have been done?
Blow the whistle, and if he kicks the damned ball AFTER the whistle, and it gets penalized for "Delay Of Game",,The Refs call that all the time.
Or maybe they should just let him practice for a half hour before the actual kick :141847_bnono:
When have they ever done that before?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I agree with those saying icing the kicker is stupid. Pointless exercise. How many times have you seen a kicker mess up only to get another go because the coach called a time out?

Let him kick it. If he makes it he makes it. Kudos to him.

Latest posts