Carolina wanted Wilson to back up Cam Newton

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Some of these other teams would have had way too much ego to start Wilson ahead of their established starter.

I think Philadelphia would have started him, but I think Carolina would have stubbornly stuck with Newton since he was #1 overall.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Cam Newton is no slouch, lets not act like he is.

Wilson would've been the back up because he wasn't going to be looked at in the same light as he was here in Seattle, has nothing to do with ego.

I'm sure in a few years time, Wilson, if he was Newtons back up would've been looked at as that back up that deserves his shot to start and would be traded to another team, the dudes just damn good.

aawolf

Reaction score
I would have gotten to see Russel sit on the sidelines with my Panther tickets, but I'm glad he got the chance to start with the Seahawks. Carolina would never have had the stones to start him over Cam.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And now we see the difference between a front office that truly believes in competition and a front office that doesn't.

McG

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2l3x5gke said:
Replace that kid from Cam's play 60 commercial with Russell. Yup.

Dude that is seriously one of the funniest mental images I've had for awhile. If someone could somehow make that happen it would be EPIC.

You know use the kids voice, but put Wilson there moving his lips. LMAO!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m5fjbdu said:

He is not accurate enough as a passer to be elite, he also lacks leadership. While no NFL player is a slouch, Cam at this point is mediocre as a QB.....he is great as a runner....but not consistent enough as a QB for them to win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":atrw77kg said:
Throwdown":atrw77kg said:

He is not accurate enough as a passer to be elite, he also lacks leadership. While no NFL player is a slouch, Cam at this point is mediocre as a QB.....he is great as a runner....but not consistent enough as a QB for them to win.
Cam Newton makes DC's sweat and lose sleep. He is a matchup problem for most defenses. Words like elite get thrown around a lot, it boils down to matchups.

Now, while Cam is a matchup nightmare, he is not a plus player at exploiting other offensive matchups, not yet. But the last 6 games of last year, he appeared to be getting it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I guess that would have saved Carolina from one of the "L's" on their record since Wilson came out on top of his matchup with Cam and that was before this team had hit their stride.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
theWow, can you imagine if that would of happened?? What an immense and ludacris waste of talent. I'm sure he would have been a hot trade chip though. Drafted in the third round because of height?, But that height wouldn't have limited teams from offering two or three 1st round picks for him.

Hmmm, come to think of it let's trade him and stock up on all those picks! Roll with Brady Quinn, game manager baby!! :stirthepot: :snack: