Cardinals schedule vs. Seahawks schedule

chawkjones

Reaction score
Personally i hope that we do not win the division this year but make it in as a Wild Card, the way things have gone this season i think we have a better shot getting back to the SB going this route and i say this because i believe the team will play with a chip on its shoulder.

RCATES

Reaction score
chawkjones":18h0fh0o said:
Personally i hope that we do not win the division this year but make it in as a Wild Card, the way things have gone this season i think we have a better shot getting back to the SB going this route and i say this because i believe the team will play with a chip on its shoulder.

I'll take another NFC west championship and a home game all day. Winning 3 consecutive road games in the playoffs against good teams will be a challenge. Winning the West could land us the 3rd seed and a possible NFC Championship game at home.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":gm7jlypo said:
If Seattle wins in week 17 to tie Arizona then the tiebreaker would come down to common opponents. Of the remaining teams, Minny and GB are the common opponents that matter, assuming Seattle wins out. If AZ loses both, then Seattle gets the common games tiebreaker. If they lose one, and then lose to Philly, then the tiebreaker would move on to the next criteria which is strength of victory. Strength of victory will likely favor AZ since they beat Cincy.

So most likely, AZ will unofficially clinch the division if they beat Minny on Thursday. It won't become official until later on when strength of victory sorts itself out, but unless AZ drops both games to Minny and GB, the division is probably theirs even if Seattle ties with a win in week 17.

This is what I was seeing. I honestly don't see us catching the Cardinals.

It's kind of funny, but if the Cards keep winning, they only help us get the 5th seed easier. They hang a loss on Minny (likely) and GB (possible) and we win out, then GB and MIN play each other last game of the year....winner of that division wins a playoff spot, the loser might not be the 6th seed at that point.

I really like our chances with the 5th seed. Getting the NFCE would be like a bye.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawks46":zpr2ak7r said:
kearly":zpr2ak7r said:
If Seattle wins in week 17 to tie Arizona then the tiebreaker would come down to common opponents. Of the remaining teams, Minny and GB are the common opponents that matter, assuming Seattle wins out. If AZ loses both, then Seattle gets the common games tiebreaker. If they lose one, and then lose to Philly, then the tiebreaker would move on to the next criteria which is strength of victory. Strength of victory will likely favor AZ since they beat Cincy.

So most likely, AZ will unofficially clinch the division if they beat Minny on Thursday. It won't become official until later on when strength of victory sorts itself out, but unless AZ drops both games to Minny and GB, the division is probably theirs even if Seattle ties with a win in week 17.

This is what I was seeing. I honestly don't see us catching the Cardinals.

It's kind of funny, but if the Cards keep winning, they only help us get the 5th seed easier. They hang a loss on Minny (likely) and GB (possible) and we win out, then GB and MIN play each other last game of the year....winner of that division wins a playoff spot, the loser might not be the 6th seed at that point.

I really like our chances with the 5th seed. Getting the NFCE would be like a bye.

Before I read this thread I didn't see it happening either. But here's the thing. All 4 of Arizona's remaining opponents are hungry and fighting for playoff positioning. GB,Minnesota and Philly are fighting to win their divisions. Eagle's win yesterday was huge for them as well as a major confidence booster. Momentum is huge in the NFL.

If Arizona loses 3 of their next 4 including a loss to Seattle we can take the division crown. Our dogs in this race is PITT/DALLAS. Arizona's is CINCI/SAINTS. If we end up tied with Arizona at the end of the season the combined record of these "dog's" determines the winner of the NFC West.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I could definitely see the Cards losing to GB (their implosion aside!). So I think I'll pull for Minn on Thursday, even though I do ultimately want them to enter the wild card race since the Seahawks hold the tie-breaker over them. I assume at least one more loss is in their future, whenever it comes.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Assuming we win out: Arizona has to lose to both Minnesota and Green Bay in order to give us a shot in week 17. The Arizona game at Philadelphia means almost nothing in regard to our division hopes.

Anyway, Go Vikings!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is the NFL. Strange things happen. The Eagles beat the Pats in NE yesterday. If that can happen so can the Vikings beating the Cards. Not likely but still there's a chance.

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember a few years back and Indy basically threw week 17 against the Jets? Jets made the playoffs and beat Indy which was a big ooops

So if Arizona enters week 17 and have No 2 seed locked up and if they beat Seattle we miss the playoffs. If we win we are in.

Who thinks hey rest their starters vs tries to eliminate us

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":nxs7p5u3 said:
Remember a few years back and Indy basically threw week 17 against the Jets? Jets made the playoffs and beat Indy which was a big ooops

So if Arizona enters week 17 and have No 2 seed locked up and if they beat Seattle we miss the playoffs. If we win we are in.

Who thinks hey rest their starters vs tries to eliminate us

I highly doubt we miss the playoffs if we lose to AZ, unless we really crap the bed the next 3 games.

mikeak

Reaction score
I know he won't win but I want to put Bill O'brien in the conversation. Really turned things around and doing a lot with little

But yeah Arians, Rivera or Lewis gets it.

Latest posts