Cardinals are done, Stanton Knee Scoped, Out Indefinitely

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I've got no sympathy for Cards fans. I remember how they handled themselves when AZ had their 2 year run of dominance in the division (LOL) while the Hawks lost their QB, RB, WRs and Walter Jones for nearly an entire season.

Then when Hass made It back after being speared in the back by PWilly in week 2 of 2009, Dirty Darnell welcomed him back with an ignored throat punch and claimed he didn't mean anything malicious on Twitter like a punk. Yeah, I don't like injuries, but AZ can handle a little ride on the Karma train.

NINEster

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":pn7ifayg said:
I've got no sympathy for Cards fans. I remember how they handled themselves when AZ had their 2 year run of dominance in the division (LOL) while the Hawks lost their QB, RB, WRs and Walter Jones for nearly an entire season.

Then when Hass made It back after being speared in the back by PWilly in week 2 of 2009, Dirty Darnell welcomed him back with an ignored throat punch and claimed he didn't mean anything malicious on Twitter like a punk. Yeah, I don't like injuries, but AZ can handle a little ride on the Karma train.

I feel for the Cards because I feel with Palmer/Stanton they definitely win this division. And even if they didn't they'd still be a legit force in January.

BTW Loaf, I hear about this Willis hitting Hasselbeck thing.......I've never seen it. Knowing the kinda guy Willis is I have a hard time believing he's had a malicious bone in his body comparable to the real animals in this league. Any possibility it was a terrible hit that just happened? I would have thought Ahmad Brooks smashing Wilson in week 2 last year was probably a worse hit.

I'd have to wonder about Rocky Bernard's intentions when he ended Alex Smith's hopes of ever being a real QB and forever turned him into a game manager -- physically at least. Or the two DBs that ended Mario Manningham's career.

Hasselbeck at least continued to be a decent QB.

mrblitz

Reaction score
cards would be better off starting the rookie qb.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NINEster":39jwvowa said:
loafoftatupu":39jwvowa said:

I feel for the Cards because I feel with Palmer/Stanton they definitely win this division. And even if they didn't they'd still be a legit force in January.

BTW Loaf, I hear about this Willis hitting Hasselbeck thing.......I've never seen it. Knowing the kinda guy Willis is I have a hard time believing he's had a malicious bone in his body comparable to the real animals in this league. Any possibility it was a terrible hit that just happened? I would have thought Ahmad Brooks smashing Wilson in week 2 last year was probably a worse hit.

I'd have to wonder about Rocky Bernard's intentions when he ended Alex Smith's hopes of ever being a real QB and forever turned him into a game manager -- physically at least. Or the two DBs that ended Mario Manningham's career.

Hasselbeck at least continued to be a decent QB.
Cards? Who knows what they do. There is a lot of "if that" speculation and absolutely nothing to assume that the Cards win the division because the way they play changes with Palmer. We will never know.

Willis? Week 2, 2009. Hass trying to run it in when he is speared in the back. The fans CHEERED. Malicious? Maybe not, but that wasn't my point. My point was the Cards fans literally talking about dynasties after going 9-7 in a season where they had little to no competition.

I read comments about how the Hawks would have lost if Palmer played, but I don't hear them talking about how they beat Dallas with Weedon at QB or squeaking by the Rams with their 3rd stringer.

Screw 'em.

Rat

Reaction score
mrblitz":3ea7ug2i said:
I believe they are, although I strongly disagree with it.

Logan Thomas is a serious talent, and I believe the Cards got an enormous steal with him, but he's about as green as they come. He's the epitome of a guy who should not be on the field his rookie year. Rather than taking the risk of ruining Thomas, they should keep Lindley out there and hope to get lucky. They're not getting anywhere in the playoffs regardless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rat":23jplz29 said:
mrblitz":23jplz29 said:

Logan Thomas is a serious talent, and I believe the Cards got an enormous steal with him, but he's about as green as they come. He's the epitome of a guy who should not be on the field his rookie year. Rather than taking the risk of ruining Thomas, they should keep Lindley out there and hope to get lucky. They're not getting anywhere in the playoffs regardless.
They decided to go with Lindley which I agree with you is the right decision. There is no need to rush and possibly ruin Logan Thomas for something that isn't going to happen for them this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":h0rgkmci said:
ringless":h0rgkmci said:
Just another year of 4 QB's.....

What a horrible end to what seemed like a season that could have ended in a super bowl appearance at one time.

Not to pile on... but what was the motivation behind long terming Palmer?

Ehhh, think back to the pre-Wilson days of being a Hawks fan and it makes more sense. An above average QB (or even an average one) is actually a chip to have, particularly when you have mostly everything else in place like the Cards do. In a dream world you don't want to extend Palmer, but waster a window on trying to develop a QB or likely not having one at all (your first round pick is too low to go after anyone) is much, much worse of a bargain.

And yeah. I feel really bad for Cards fans. I think save for the QB situation luck has looked on them pretty favorably this year, but that can be said for almost all successful teams (the Hawks last year, the 9ers and certainly the Ravens the year before that, the 9ers too the year before that), etc.

Rat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2qhieb76 said:
Rat":2qhieb76 said:
mrblitz":2qhieb76 said:

They decided to go with Lindley which I agree with you is the right decision. There is no need to rush and possibly ruin Logan Thomas for something that isn't going to happen for them this year.
Ah, I didn't realize they decided on Lindley. Good for them. Lindley blows, but they're not making a bad situation worse by throwing him out there.