Can't take a loss

mouser

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate reading all of the upbeat threads throughout this site. And I think the Hawks have a great shot.

But I seriously couldn't handle a loss. I'm not even over XL yet. I live, in all places, Denver (actually referred to as "a chickens**t" in the office today by a belligerent Broncos fan "discussing" the game). I am a life-long fan and I REALLY want a Seahawks SB win more than I can describe.

Deep down, I just want to stick my head in the sand for about a month and then peek out to see what the score was. Right now, I just want to move out of Denver to someplace sane. I feel like I need to drink more or something. A loss in the SB...and against the Broncos to boot? Unfathomable!!!

Excited and scared to death.

Please tell me that on some level, some of you feel this way.

GO HAWKS!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
There's a winner, there's a loser. Just remember, 30 other teams would gladly trade places with the Super Bowl loser.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Absolutely understand. The only sports I really care about is hockey and football and I'm still waiting to taste a championship that I now ache for one. The Canucks came within a game in '94 of winning the Stanley Cup and came up short. It took them 17 years to get back only to again, come up a single game short. The Seahawks' loss in SB XL was also extremely hard to take and despite the fact we had a great team back then, it fell apart quickly and has taken us 8 years to get back to this spot. Even though we believe in this team, logic dictates that you're just not going to go to the Super Bowl every single season, look at the Ravens, win it and not even make the playoffs the following year. When you're there, you want so badly for that victory because you have no clue how long it'll be until your next opportunity. Just once, just one time in my life I want that feeling. I don't know if I'd be able to stomach another soul crushing loss like that.

GO HAWKS!!!!

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
I'm here in SW Wyoming, and I can feel your pain to a degree. Almost everyone over here is a donkey fan, lol. I really, whole-heartedly believe the Hawks are going to win this. Defense wins championships and we've got one of the best ever.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Try to think positive. Be in the moment, find a happy place. We were inches away from a loss in the NFCCG and we WON. How did you feel after that win? Electric I would guess. Sit back relax and enjoy the show. This team wants to win and will leave everything on the field come Sunday. # GO HAWKS We are all in this together.

dutchman063

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":17m422g6 said:
I'm here in SW Wyoming, and I can feel your pain to a degree. Almost everyone over here is a donkey fan, lol. I really, whole-heartedly believe the Hawks are going to win this. Defense wins championships and we've got one of the best ever.

I didnt know people actually lived in wyoming

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, totally. It's hard as hell to get to this game and you want to take advantage of the opportunity. Add in the miserable experience in our only Super Bowl appearance and it's heightened.

Think about it this way....how many Pats fans would have predicted they would be winless in the Super Bowl since their last title after the 2004 season?? Not many. I don't feel sorry for them - they won 3 in 4 years and had their "run". But they went back two more times since then and lost both times on inexplicable last minute Giants drives that featured needle-in-a-haystack completions (the crazy leaping grab by Tyree and the sideline tiptoe to Manningham that Manning threw into about a 8-inch wide window).

We started playing in the NFL in 1976, and this is only our 2ND appearance. It's not easy to get to this game, and there is no guarantee you will ever get back. Heck, there are still a few franchises who have NEVER even made it to the game (here's looking at you Detroit, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Houston).

The good news is, we are just now in our window. We have a very young team, the best GM-coach combo in the NFL, a great owner, and affordable (for now) "franchise" players at QB, LT, CB and FS. We will be on the upper crust of competitiveness for a long time.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't feel the same way. it isn't life or death or any where close to important. Super excited and it will be fun.

Have a beer, wake up the next day

In my youth it would kill me. mellowed over the years.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I could live with another loss in the big game.

Losing to Harbaugh and Co. and watching them hoist the George Halas Trophy in our house would have left a bitter taste in my mouth for just about forever.

Go HAWKS!

- bsd

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
To put it in perspective consider that RW had some of the most heartbreaking losses in the last few years.
I'm talking about the near comeback in Atlanta, last minute loss in Rose bowl, hail Mary losses to Ohio State and against Michigan state. He lead the comebacks only to have luck screw him in final seconds.
How is he so strong? As Lynch and Wilson says it's just football. As much passion as they have for football they have a bigger perspective.
The year RW lost his father he continued to play with the passion his father instilled in him.
Every game is an opportunity and is a in essence a loss until it is won. Every win RW dedicates to his beloved father. He plays for his team, his father, the vertically challenged athletes and for his maker.
That is probably why he is so strong.
Be like Russell. Be courageous. Be epic. It's only football.

warden

Reaction score
Win or lose, it has been an incredible season, will always appreciate the enjoyment this team gives me

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seeing the huge show of support from the twelves on tv was heart touching. I'm not in the PNW but wish i were. You guys are EPIC!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mouser":2rirj5l2 said:
I greatly appreciate reading all of the upbeat threads throughout this site. And I think the Hawks have a great shot.

But I seriously couldn't handle a loss. I'm not even over XL yet. I live, in all places, Denver (actually referred to as "a chickens**t" in the office today by a belligerent Broncos fan "discussing" the game). I am a life-long fan and I REALLY want a Seahawks SB win more than I can describe.

Deep down, I just want to stick my head in the sand for about a month and then peek out to see what the score was. Right now, I just want to move out of Denver to someplace sane. I feel like I need to drink more or something. A loss in the SB...and against the Broncos to boot? Unfathomable!!!

Excited and scared to death.

Please tell me that on some level, some of you feel this way.

GO HAWKS!

I know EXACTLY how you feel man...only I live in the Bay Area and I felt this way the week leading up to the 49ers game. I was hearing so much garbage, and seeing all the 49ers car flags all over the road, and working with 49er fans and being unable to walk down the hallway without someone bringing up the game...

I said the same thing then...that I wish I could just know the outcome of the game before I watch it. Win or lose I just wanted to know. My stomach felt like it would explode the whole game and it was agonizing.

I could not afford the Seahawks to lose. So glad they didn't. I know exactly how you're feeling right now.