Can we find an answer for Kittle?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Best way to slow Kittle is to get pressure on Purdy. Watch the above highlight. It doesn't matter if it's Kittle or Jeremy Stevens there gonna look good when the QB has all day.
The key to this game. Pressure

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Stopping Kittle is essentially simple with the right two man over look, and a safety locked up man to man underneath.

Unfortunately, I don't know if we have a player on this roster than can keep up with his speed on certain routes. Tackling will be key.
Did you send your opinion to Pete Carroll?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
well, we could give woolen his first assignment shadowing a player, all game long, maybe that's it? I'm going back and forth on how crazy our gameplan is going to be, are we going to be more perfect at what we're doing, or are we going to do some radical stuff we haven't done ie blitzes and shadowing kittle
I was thinking the same thing. You are not going to cover him with a LB. Woolen has the speed to cover him on slant routes. You don't have to worry about tackling him, if he doesn't catch the ball. No perfect answer, but you have to try something different (insert definition of insanity here).