seabowl

Reaction score
He isn’t even worth….

Wait for it…

A Penny

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The only reason Penny was being forced was the pipedream miracle that he would
somehow have a game that would in some small way begin to justify the pick they spent on him.
There is 0 reason he should have gotten any playing time over AC

emurri

Reaction score
I have always been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but that’s done now. He is just another great Pete and John pick. Another reason they need to be fired now.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Anyone ever notice the guys Pete sees as great and hyped up.. suck and stick around for years underachieving. While we ship off better players by either cutting them or trading them. I’d take JD McKissic or Mike Davis over Rashaad Penny. Gimme Hyde again as well.

evergreen

Reaction score
That poster above is right about keeping the wrong backs. Both JD and Mike are very productive. Maybe we lost them in free agency? Even Alex took off after we lost him. I remember someone named Greene who was real good after leaving us.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Only time he has looked good is against one of if not the worst team in the NFL. Let's see if he can not only stay healthy, but look good against the rams.

I saw several times this game he went down easier than he should have, but I also some him muscle through so.e tackles several times, like he actually wanted it

Jerhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3cb89cr0 said:
Only time he has looked good is against one of if not the worst team in the NFL. Let's see if he can not only stay healthy, but look good against the rams.

I saw several times this game he went down easier than he should have, but I also some him muscle through so.e tackles several times, like he actually wanted it

I disagree. Penny was looking really good towards the end of 2019 before his knee injury.

While ive not been in his corner either, he's at least shown flashes in the past

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":8yqkbk0c said:
johnnyfever":8yqkbk0c said:

I disagree. Penny was looking really good towards the end of 2019 before his knee injury.

While ive not been in his corner either, he's at least shown flashes in the past

Agreed he showed flashes, and just as the flash bulb went off he got hurt and was not able to continue, yesterday he said he felt good after the game, let's hope the time off has given him resilience to get thru the season, he also looks thicker but not fatter. Carson had him training with him before they both got hurt, maybe he continued that as well.

jeremiah

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":16mhxbo2 said:
worthless as tits on a boar hog.

The most wasted money on the Hawk team was on Chris Carson. HE is an over rated RB with only a dream of an ancient Coach keeping him on the team. He gets hurt constantly, makes a run of 10 yards and needs oxygen and time out. What kind of "bell cow" RB signals to the sideline that he needs a breather after 2 plays? He is a big puss, and the management should have corrected that RB room for years.

I have seen players rejected, then signed by other teams that went on to 1,000 yard seasons. Some who are productive runners as backups, yet PC cannot seem to find a good RB in a league where you can find great ones in the later rounds.

soxhawk

Reaction score
jeremiah":2mw4tlz5 said:
K.J WRIGHT":2mw4tlz5 said:

The most wasted money on the Hawk team was on Chris Carson. HE is an over rated RB with only a dream of an ancient Coach keeping him on the team. He gets hurt constantly, makes a run of 10 yards and needs oxygen and time out. What kind of "bell cow" RB signals to the sideline that he needs a breather after 2 plays? He is a big puss, and the management should have corrected that RB room for years.

I have seen players rejected, then signed by other teams that went on to 1,000 yard seasons. Some who are productive runners as backups, yet PC cannot seem to find a good RB in a league where you can find great ones in the later rounds.

This is true. Moreso than spending what we spent on J Adams. Penny is a talent, Carson was a blessing. Still wish we took Derrick Henry.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Penny has size and speed that you can't coach into a player without. If he manages to overcome his injury history, he has a shot at being very good. Last game was a sample, but let's see how he finishes the season. If he manages to stay healthy I'd be all for bringing him back at a decent RB2 price.

keasley45

Reaction score
soxhawk":ej7rdv9c said:
jeremiah":ej7rdv9c said:
K.J WRIGHT":ej7rdv9c said:

This is true. Moreso than spending what we spent on J Adams. Penny is a talent, Carson was a blessing. Still wish we took Derrick Henry.

I'd settle for Derrick Fenner... or his equivalent. Ahhh the good ol days.