Camp Fights

chris98251

Reaction score
Shit, they better be good our the pacifists here won't give them a participation trophy this year, they should go to a councilor and learn anger management and do Hot Yoga while taking more Estrogen medicine to reduce the testosterone levels of aggression.

Then we watch all you bitch about the choir boys we have and why we are not winners.

Maybe you all can do a not violent protest against Football and that it is too violent and leads to PTSD for fans watching players fight and make to big of hits. :)

They have to come out hot and set the tone now, it sets the tone for the season, yeah maybe went overboard, but this is where you learn to pull it back a bit, aside from being in the 90's having a Air alert, they are probably a bit tired and chippy as well. It was not a game, give the staff credit for handling it, it works and will work out. Tell Suh not to be aggressive, tell anyone that is at the competitive top to not be aggressive and you will break that edge. Being dirty that's different all together.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
They both had a hand in it, and Ifedi may have even had it coming, but still a needless cheap shot.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Patriots didn't cut Browner for punching Revis in TC, and Jets didn't cut Marshall for punching, yes, Revis.

Teams will make a pious show of talking about how it went over the line. Blah blah blah

Reality is they want their guys playing right on the line, and aren't deeply troubled when the line is crossed, as long as no one gets hurt enough to miss playing time.

Now, break the QBs jaw in the locker room, totally different story. You get your rear sent to Buffalo for that ish.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Fights happen occasionally in football practice, that's just how it is. You'd hope for something different but the game dictates a certain level of intensity. In 90% of these fights, no one gets hurt, guys just blow off steam and get a point across.

But punching a teammate with his helmet off? That's a real profile in courage. Clark needs to pay a big fine for this, so (maybe) he'll think twice about doing this again. It's bad in practice, would be worse in a game (automatic ejection, possibly a suspension too).

I don't know what you do about Ifidi. Getting under an opponent's skin isn't so bad, but not so much when it's a teammate. It's true, he has a history.

Pete gives the guys a lot of latitude to be themselves and that's what gives this team its character. But there's a big divide between a Sherman telling RW he sucks after picking off a pass and punching out a teammate with his hat off.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
The aggression at practice is a good thing, IMO. You've got to see that fire in your players, it'll win close games. You want Clark, a tough guy to have your back when the going gets tough! There is a line crossed when punches are thrown though and Clark seems to have a history of losing it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Clark as a player, and am really high on the talent that McDowell is. But guys that good only end up being available low enough in a draft for a team as good as the Seahawks to draft them because there are some red flags; otherwise we're talking about two top 10 picks. We're kinda seeing the bad side of shopping for discounted items here.

Ultimately, I like the approach and it is very much the reverse Ruskell.

StoneCold

Reaction score
For some reason I'm not worried about this at all. Clark went too far and I'm sure Ifedi is no angel, but you want them at a high rev. It far easier to get someone to tone it down than it is to get low energy people to get going. If it happens again or if it was a game, different story.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":1f4b910a said:
For some reason I'm not worried about this at all. Clark went too far and I'm sure Ifedi is no angel, but you want them at a high rev. It far easier to get someone to tone it down than it is to get low energy people to get going. If it happens again or if it was a game, different story.

We'll all be worried if Ifedi broke something.

Pete didn't make it seem like a big deal after practice, so that's good news. But until we see Ifedi back out there healthy, I'm a little worried that he might have been seriously hurt.

So far, both Ifedi and Clark being held out of practice. Ifedi has a hood on.

DGZssDHUIAApTSQ

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":mqaslfqa said:
This is how you want your players to be. This is a tough sport man.

Pete has kicked players out in the past and still does when they're out of line. When it's the 4th quarter in the game, would you rather have someone like Clark next to you in the fight or some soft d-lineman?

I get what you are saying but we can ill afford to lose a starter on an already poor offensive line.

Seafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18izf84c said:
StoneCold":18izf84c said:

Pete didn't make it seem like a big deal after practice, so that's good news. But until we see Ifedi back out there healthy, I'm a little worried that he might have been seriously hurt.

DGZssDHUIAApTSQ

I'd be more concerned about losing Clark. Clark seems to have hurt his knee, maybe that is why he was so pissed at Ifedi.

Don't care about Ifedi. Pocic is likely going to be the starter at RT.

hawk45

Reaction score
Christine Michael's absence has left a huge vacuum on the all-IQ list for our team. Clark and McDowell are in a vicious dogfight to wear the crown next.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seafan":2mtfgce8 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mtfgce8 said:
StoneCold":2mtfgce8 said:

DGZssDHUIAApTSQ

I'd be more concerned about losing Clark. Clark seems to have hurt his knee, maybe that is why he was so pissed at Ifedi.

Don't care about Ifedi. Pocic is likely going to be the starter at RT.

I actually thought the same thing after hearing Clark had "tweaked his knee". I wonder if that was because of Ifedi being a little dirty during the drills? That would certainly paint a very different story than what many seem to believe here.

The fact is we don't know what all transpired. Ifedi was also held out of practice which at least one person I've heard speculate on the radio that he was also being punished for going over the line. Not saying Clark should have punched him but don't forget that Bennett had similar problems last year with the oline... There were a few times last camp that I think if helmets would have been off Bennett would have at least thought about popping one of those guys.

All in all hopefully it's all done with now and they can get over it without it carrying over into the locker room.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm torn between feeling that the talent pool at OL is so shallow that risking losing a highly drafted player is disastrous, and feeling utter apathy because I've given up entirely on the idea that this franchise can ever, ever do anything right at the tackle position.

I guess if I go with apathy then I just shrug and say oh well, Pocic at RT isn't likely to be much worse. Then again, I was harboring a secret hope kindled by Montana's idea that Pocic would be over at LT when "what a neat story" Fant gets beat mercilessly this year. But he'll be the best darn former basketball LT that ever played, I tell you what.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Based on 2016 & 2017 camp dustups along with watching him during the year hit people late or push them in the back, Ifedi seems like a brat (to put it nicely) and to be 'fake tough'.

The rumblings coming out of camp are that he isn't having a good camp and seems to be lumbering and that Pocic is getting a real shot at starting over him. He probably should concentrate on learning and doing what he is supposed to be doing or he might find himself out of starting job.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Clark injury would be devastating, knee brace is concerning. Ifedi, not so much, pretty much mr irrelevant.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Honestly this is really weak sauce unless one wants to bring this up in October to claim how the lockeroom is dysfunctional :sarcasm_on: . I've never played in the pros but I have played on a Jr College team where some fights broke out, even at the end of a season on the way to a bowl game. This is a seriously volatile sport and if it was nasty at a JUCO level I cannot envision how intense it is at the pro levels especially among talent trying to make a roster/starter/career in the NFL.

Non issue and no one will care when the season starts especially if we have a winning season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Most of us here have played team sports. As a result we have practiced and had to deal with one of our own who is ramped up or plays past the point of being fair or reasonable: i.e.: plays past the whistle, that's Ifedi.

If you are competitive you don't appreciate the extra shove, punch or push after the play. Most all of us would respond in kind to physicality, in fact we'd probably give the other guy a pop or shove back or whatever. Ifedi is no innocent in this deal and frankly if I were Clark I might have put the slug on him, depending on the situation. None of us were there. The game is physical and pass rushing vs. pass blocking is very physical and Ifedi is not known for being shy in responding to provocation or even backing down, In fact he got into it with Bennett last season. In fact Ifedi is very physical, and that's a good thing. That said you are playing hard and you get the extra shove or shot in the mouth and that tips you over to argue or shove and respond in kind and when or if physically challenged you give the other guy a shot in the chops in screw you way w/o thinking this guy is on my team. 70 After the fact well that's different but I applaud Clark for taking on a guy that has him by about 70 pounds and kicking his ass.

Was it right, probably not, but the OLinemen are not shy about physical contact and should expect to receive the same in kind. I think sitting them both today was a solid coaching move by Pete.

Latest posts