Cable GONE

mrt144

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1np3f67x said:
Up until today I have been an atheist.... but not today.

Thank.You.God. :2thumbs:

I was wearing my Pete Robber Baron shirt to work today. I think that was part of the miracle.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Who do you all think had a bigger impact on our struggles, Cable or Bevel.

Bevel's play calling maybe of question, but the run game and line were Cables.

Who is responsible for the execution of plays? Cause even if Bevel's play calling was bad, the execution of plays was awful and I'm not sure that's on Bevel.

King Dog

Reaction score
Danny Darko":3n4zcyp7 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/951218961592569856[/tweet]

I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
This was clearly necessary. Like Bevell, I don't know what was and wasn't Cable's fault, but at some point we need to see some results or give someone else a shot. And if Cable really is a great OL coach as some claim and the team has been setting him up to fail, I really wonder why he stuck around here.

Thanks for the past, I do believe he was a big part of the SB win, but time to get some fresh faces in here.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
King Dog":jnpippfn said:
I'm happy as heck with Cable being relieved of his duties, however, a ton of sacks are on Wilson. He loves to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Sometimes he makes an amazing play, sometimes not.
Wilson definitely causes some sacks, but I actually think overall he probably saves sacks compared to most QBs. That running around is sometimes on him, but more often the line has completely collapsed and he's running for his life and quite often gets out of trouble.

King Dog

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":2wqrp5ir said:
King Dog":2wqrp5ir said:
Wilson definitely causes some sacks, but I actually think overall he probably saves sacks compared to most QBs. That running around is sometimes on him, but more often the line has completely collapsed and he's running for his life and quite often gets out of trouble.

I think it's primarily because he can't see.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Bobblehead":28oszm3a said:
Who do you all think had a bigger impact on our struggles, Cable or Bevel.

Bevel's play calling maybe of question, but the run game and line were Cables.

Who is responsible for the execution of plays? Cause even if Bevel's play calling was bad, the execution of plays was awful and I'm not sure that's on Bevel.

At this point I actually couldn't give a dry hump LESS!

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2rr0y991 said:
harryjohnson":2rr0y991 said:
Careful what you wish for...the fake grass isn't always greener.

What a silly post

We were never making the playoffs with cable and bevell. Could we get worse sure but we were trending further south every year. It was time for a change.

I don't think it's silly at all. Hopefully Pete and John have put a staff in place to replace the outgoing personnel. That means new coordinators, new scheme, new plays, a bunch of new jargon, new learning...go ask Matt Ryan how much having a great new coordinator helped him this year.

I'm not saying the change is bad, but this is far from a magic bean or get right pill. Now the real work begins.

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":3s68yqkc said:
SeahawksCanuck":3s68yqkc said:
King Dog":3s68yqkc said:

Ya it's impossible to be because nobody is open or good D or no time since we spend so much on wide outs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":ac0cvdil said:
WestcoastSteve":ac0cvdil said:
harryjohnson":ac0cvdil said:

What a silly post

We were never making the playoffs with cable and bevell. Could we get worse sure but we were trending further south every year. It was time for a change.

I don't think it's silly at all. Hopefully Pete and John have put a staff in place to replace the outgoing personnel. That means new coordinators, new scheme, new plays, a bunch of new jargon, new learning...go ask Matt Ryan how much having a great new coordinator helped him this year.

I'm not saying the change is bad, but this is far from a magic bean or get right pill. Now the real work begins.

Grass might not be greener but this organization has given these coordinators plenty of rope and changes had to be made. There is no grass left on this side of the fence anymore so if there is a hint of green elsewhere it needs to be looked at.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Glad to see Pete can pull the trigger on coaches when he needs to. looking for some much younger blood to replace them.

Smellyman

Reaction score
King Dog":f3e52ftn said:
SeahawksCanuck":f3e52ftn said:
King Dog":f3e52ftn said:

But inch taller Brees can!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Smellyman":3skv8hs9 said:
King Dog":3skv8hs9 said:
SeahawksCanuck":3skv8hs9 said:
King Dog":3skv8hs9 said:

But inch taller Brees can!

Brees just had one of his best seasons using largely short passes that don't REQUIRE a lot of seeing.

Brees has had better guard play over his years, though.

rossob

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1panmijg said:
WestcoastSteve":1panmijg said:
harryjohnson":1panmijg said:

What a silly post

While I think you are right and firing Cable & Bevell won't necessarily make us better, I think the Matt Ryan example is a pretty bad one.
If we assumed Cable & Bevell are average at their jobs and imo it's hard to argue that they are better than that, it would mean that we have a 50% chance of getting someone better. Matt Ryan had arguably the best OC in 2016, so there is obviously going to be a dropoff even if we don't consider him having to adapt to new coaching.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't have anything original here but had to be part of this historical party-time thread. Cable has been a dumpster-fire from the very start. If your scheme requires an HOF running back known for breaking tackles and a historically mobile QB to sputter along, it's not clear to me just what the OL coach is contributing.

Except for that one time at band camp where he converted a DL to a mediocre guard. Which ended up hurting us because he kept trying to replicate conversion projects resulting in disastrous years from Nowak and Fant.

So buh bye, Cable, thanks for your dumb luck that Britt failed his way into being a decent center. That sure as hell was not any planning on his part.

Cable the person may be a decent guy so I'm crying on the inside but Cable the coach was a black hole of suck. Bon Voyage.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scorpion05":10m4o94c said:
I mean, I was angry but I was never anti-Pete enough to stop watching. That would suggest that I'm a Hawks fan who only cared for the team once Pete started winning.

Many many MANY fans were upset with the team for continuing to stick with a hopeless offensive scheme and put a product on the field that was not enjoyable to watch. That doesn't mean we wouldn't watch. It meant we were frustrated and tired of watching that craptastic nonsense that Bevell and Cable were putting on the field.

My fanhood was questioned many times (which is frankly absurd) because of my frustration with the offense. Real fans are not allowed to be frustrated with the offense and feel the team was not enjoyable to watch, apparently. I guess I'm supposed to enjoy non-playoff mediocre football in order to be a "real" fan.

Then, Pete Carroll agreed with us publicly, fired the entire offensive coaching staff, and decided to start over from scratch. He didn't want to watch that putrid offense either and publicly stated the team's performance this year was unacceptable and painful to watch.

So I guess Pete Carroll was being "anti-Pete" as well. Boy, I sure am glad for that. This team might actually be fun to watch again next season.

Latest posts