C-Mike to Miss Last Pre-Season Game (Hamstring)

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":1aqibkjm said:
Brahn":1aqibkjm said:
Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

It is cool if you want to project emotions onto me.

You called hamstring injuries the worse(sic) injury for a WR or RB that isn't a season ending injury. You don't think that sounds like doom and gloom?

It is my opinion like I stated. You are welcomed to yours. You may feel it is a normal injury good on you bro I support your OPINION. Your OPINION is that it is doom and gloom sounding, not mine.

Once again I thank you for the projected emotions.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":3tdks3ix said:
Basis4day":3tdks3ix said:
Brahn":3tdks3ix said:
Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

It is cool if you want to project emotions onto me.

You called hamstring injuries the worse(sic) injury for a WR or RB that isn't a season ending injury. You don't think that sounds like doom and gloom?

It is my opinion like I stated. You are welcomed to yours. You may feel it is a normal injury good on you bro I support your OPINION. Your OPINION is that it is doom and gloom sounding, not mine.

Once again I thank you for the projected emotions.

So, just so we're clear,

You're opinion is that hamstring injuries are the worst possible injury to a WR or RB that isn't season ending...
But by no means should anyone who reads that interpret you as somehow distressed by the Michael news?

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle went with two non-FB RBs for much of last season on the active roster.

Pete said Michael "pulled up a little" after a run in a practice. Didn't sound concerned.

Turbin was going to be the 3rd down back again this year regardless. I doubt this matters.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smellyman":3u9yowpw said:
let's wildly speculate on the severity......

I know a guy who knows a guy who had a hamstring injury. They had to change the muscles with that of a pig. Sounds like the case here.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Brahn":262ccb9o said:
h[. . .]

I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

Wagner, since the first week of August(?)

zhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":38m7mhu0 said:
Brahn":38m7mhu0 said:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/08/27/seahawks-rb-christine-michael-to-miss-preseason-finale/

As reported

Doug Baldwin in 2012. Was playing fine by the end of the year. Byron Maxwell (CB but i think similar positional worry) has had a couple hammy issues in 2012 and 2013. He always balled out. Lesean McCoy had a tweak last year and returned to the game.

From all accounts this doesn't sound like that big a deal, just caution. He'll be ready for GB.

Michael getting on the field is itself an improvement over last year.

And we could just red shirt him until healthy. Lord knows we have the luxury option of a multi-tiered offence. :49ersmall:

sc85sis

Reaction score
How long a hamstring takes to recover depends on the severity of the pull. Sometimes it's just a week or so, other times weeks.

We don't even know for certain C-Mike actually has a pulled hammy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So let me get this straight our 3rd string RB has a possible hamstring injury of undetermined severity and he's done for the season and/or the team is? Really? An injury that most play through like nothing happened depending on severity?

Yeah, call me nonplussed.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The new avatar reminds me of that ballet scene from Top Secret!

top-secret-ballet-o.gif

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Regardless of the semantics and back and forth, how many valuable snaps were you expecting from C Mike this season anyways?

He's behind Turbin....who is behind Lynch. I still don't see a clearly defined role for Michael in this offense.

On the nature of his hamstring, he'll be fine.

zhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":58wxphe0 said:
So let me get this straight our 3rd string RB has a possible hamstring injury of undetermined severity and he's done for the season and/or the team is? Really? An injury that most play through like nothing happened depending on severity?

Yeah, call me nonplussed.

Nicely put. :thirishdrinkers:

RussJames

Reaction score
It's a grade 1 strain. 1-3 weeks.

I had a grade 1 hamstring strain about two month ago and it felt good enough to run on within about 5 days. Christine should be back and ready to go for the Packers game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigDhawk":2hqnjoxx said:
Brahn":2hqnjoxx said:
h[. . .]

I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

Wagner, since the first week of August(?)

Uh, Wagner hasn't even come back yet. he's practiced but not played, so we don't know what level he's at to be honest. That kind of proves the OP's point.

I get what the OP is saying. Hamstrings linger and are one of those nagging injuiries guys deal with until the offseason when said player can rest for a month straight. CMike has a lot of expectations this year, more from some on this board.

I get what he's saying.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I will take a wait and see approach. Michael has had hamstring issues in the past, and if healthy I think he has the potential to play a unique role in the offense because of his ability in space. We shall see.