C Lemuel Jeanpierre signed today.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Nowak might have potential, but putting him in with the two guards sucking so bad was too much to ask. LJP is an average C, but he brings some solidity. He never should have been gone.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Burned the IR/return slot on Coyle?

I guess it is Week 7 though.

Largent80

Reaction score
MysterMatt":330s58xt said:
Nowak might have potential, but putting him in with the two guards sucking so bad was too much to ask. LJP is an average C, but he brings some solidity. He never should have been gone.

This. After several years this front office and coaches make too many moves in my opinion. We can never have a solidified o line because they just can't figure it out and that is their job.

I could never figure out why LJP wasn't the #1 backup when Unger was here then they moved Lewis in front of him, then moved Nowak in front of both of them. Make up your friggin minds already.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Last season the Seahawks went 6-0 in the regular season after they brought back LJP. Hopefully this season, they go 10-0.

CalboHawk

Reaction score
Love having Lem back with the Seahawks. Hopefully Cable can accept that the best strategy is to build a thoroughly average veteran OL with minimum physical upside but above average smarts and experience to help out RW with protection and other pre-snap adjustments.

The decision to go with 3 starting OL who are essentially 'new' to their position was in hindsight either overly optimistic in the best case or just coaching hubris in the worse case.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If the O-line is to play well....they must have continuity. A good team cannot be plugging players in and out every game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thing is that last season whenever Lem played RW had to make the OLine calls, perhaps he learned how to do it this TC. Lem is also not the strongest run blocker.

I'm somewhat unsurprised by this move b/c I thought him being released before the season began to be odd when he was clearly one of the top 2 C's on the team.

Lem is smart but rather unphysical a s C and clearly was beaten out last season by Lewis and this season apparently by both Nowak and Lewis. This may be the FO telling Coach cable he needs to upgrade OLine play and some experience might be a good idea.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guessing the team might just IR Lewis and keep Lem the rest of the way.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Should have never been cut. I bet Cable is just seething right now. PC may force him to actually play a trained, competent center at center, instead of some sort of ludicrous D line convert. He's probably screaming "But how will everyone know I'm a genius now!?!?!"

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Saw Lem a couple of weeks ago and talked to him briefly. Other teams have been bringing him in for workouts. He's healthy and I'm glad to see him back with the team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":307xmdw7 said:
If the O-line is to play well....they must have continuity. A good team cannot be plugging players in and out every game.

Using logic here....well done. I was gonna post some of the same thing here. Less chaos, more consistency.

firebee

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2g14ls5y said:
Bigpumpkin":2g14ls5y said:

Using logic here....well done. I was gonna post some of the same thing here. Less chaos, more consistency.
Unger... Even he wasn't ever real great at blocking, but he knew the system well and was great at making calls for the offensive line. Hoping LJP gives our line that edge.