Bye Week Poll: Has Bevell seen the light?

Has Bevell seen the light?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Go home Laloosh, you're drunk

Votes: 41 44.1%

• Total voters

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Alexander":1ndxwmia said:
Siouxhawk":1ndxwmia said:
ringless":1ndxwmia said:
I don't get why there is so much hate on Bevell.

People think that the Seahawks don't blow teams out. Guess what is 2014 Seattle finished with 140 NET POINTS. Good for 2nd in the league. Only behind NE by 15 points. They led the league in explosive plays. They had a top 10 ranked offense. To go with the best defense in the league.

In 2013 they had 186 Net points, good again for 2nd in the league. This time only behind Denver. Again had a top 10 offense.
The above information is indisputable. Lots of explosive plays.

Whats the difference this year? Well the OL for one. Only one of the most important cogs on the field. With a bad O-line you could have AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckam Jr, Gurley, Wilson, Graham at the skill positions and in a way it just wont matter. I've exaggerated on this one a little but it's a valid point.

What is Seahawks football? It's a suffocating Defense that creates great field position throughout the game for the offense.
With a ground and pound attack on offense that wears a team down for the first 2-3 quarters before the opposition is gassed. At that point I have seen the flood gates open in years past. Game will be close, then end in a blowout in the 4th. Which led to those absolutely massive point differentials above.

Too much blame is going to Bevell if you look at the facts. He really hasn't been given much to work with. Besides the worst OL in all of football. As well as some below average WR's. There is not a ton of talent on that side of the ball. You have Graham, Lynch, Wilson. No OL. Stop blaming Bevell. Look at the facts.

And Whisenhunt is not the answer! What has he ever accomplished? Phillip Rivers was good before him, and good after him. The Cardinals sucked until Warner came along and ran his own offense. Not Ken's offense.

Bevell calls an offense that is so incredibly complimentary to Seattle's defense it's unbelievable. But he's being asked to put to build a car without any tools

PS 2012. 3rd in the League in net points.
Thanks ringless. It's what I've been maintaining all along. I guess people just want to skim the surface and dwell on 13 points rather than all the particulars of those 13 points, notwithstanding that it led to a win.

If I hear someone say one more time "we only scored 13 points so Bevell sucks" I'm going to lose it. I'm not a Bevell lover like you, but there are a LOT of reasons why an offense might struggle besides the OC being terrible.

The Hawks have been very successful on offense the last three years with Bevell at OC. Maybe that success is in spite of his shortcomings, but even so, it doesn't explain the drop-off from then to now. There are, however, a couple of way more obvious reasons. Such as turnover on the O-line. Or Wilson having to take responsibility for protections to a much greater degree than in prior years (since Unger is now gone).

:13:

Seriously people.

Let's not forget that we only needed 13 points to win against Dallas. We got the ball (down 2) with 6 (IIRC) minutes to play. What do we need to do to win? Drive down the field, chew up the clock, and kick the FG before time expires. If Marshawn hadn't gone out of bounds, that's exactly what would've happened. That last drive was fantastic execution and that's what we've been missing.

If Cinci we were up 17 points. Our last 3 drives before the end of regulation were 3, 5, and 3 plays for a grand TOP of 5:39. No execution. No extended drives to run out the clock. Cinci scores on 3 straight to comeback and win.

Versus Carolina. Up 9. Last 3 drives were 3 and 4 plays for 3:30 TOP allowing Carolina to comeback and win.

The niners score a field goal toward the end of the 3rd quarter narrowing the lead to 2 scores. Uh oh. Not again. How do we respond? 12 play, 7 minute drive. Add in the final drive, where we needed 2 first downs to end the game.

1st and 10 at SEA 25
(2:54 - 4th) M.Lynch left tackle to SEA 36 for 11 yards (M.Wilhoite)
3rd and 5 at SEA 41
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Lynch left guard to SEA 47 for 6 yards (K.Reaser)

Ball game.

Arizona will be a great test for whether we've truly turned the corner or not.

As for Bevell... Remember that Bevell wasn't the one blocking for Lynch on 4th and 1 against the Rams. He didn't throw the ball behind JG on the cross which lead to an incompletion (against Dallas). He calls the plays and the boys on offense have to execute. He can get cute at times, but I think the vast majority of the Bevell hate is entirely misplaced. When your guards are getting beat like rented mules and the other team is keying on screen passes and playing man press, taking away quick outlet passes, what are you supposed to do? We've lead in every game despite having the worst O-line in football! If the O-line comes together as Pete has said, and the eye ball test has confirmed to an extent, I think we're about to go on a run.

Buckle up, boys. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Also, I voted "Go home, laloosh, you're drunk" because it was an option.

Latest posts