Bryce Brown Re-Signed

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I say bravo to our front office. I think they know what they're doing, they'll work on ball control with him, and with Brown Rice, er um, Bryce Brown behind Russell Williams, er, um, Wilson, we are gonna be DANGER-RUSS in the playoffs!

:icon_new: :229031_cheers: :icon_new: :thgeterdone: :icon_new:

chris98251

Reaction score
Our run game just needs to be respected, we don't need 150 rushing from a RB, if we can run when we want to and get short yardage then they can't cheat on us. We have to show we can do it going into the playoffs, we should have Lynch back also but respecting the run will give Wilson a pocket to do what he has been doing.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I hope Brown is used as the main back this week. I would also be good with Coleman getting some carries. I just really hope I have seen the last of Dejuan Harris, I thought he sucked!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wow, Brown's highlights look very similar to Rawls' highlights, in terms of running style and talent.
I see why Pete went with him over other options.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
olyfan63":1wsad6jy said:
Wow, Brown's highlights look very similar to Rawls' highlights, in terms of running style and talent.
I see why Pete went with him over other options.

As can I -- it's obvious he's got talent. You're right -- those highlights certainly make him look like Rawls. What's curious to me (and I don't have the answer to this) is why in the world he hasn't seen more playing time? Buffalo traded the Eagles for him with the idea that he would become a featured back in their offense and basically take over for C.J. Spiller ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...bills-want-bryce-brown-to-grow-into-lead-back

That never happened though -- and here he is. Now, the pessimist in me wonders where the flaw in his game is that's kept him from becoming a featured back. Evan Silva did a real nice extensive write-up on him back in 2013 ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43565/260/2nd-year-rbs-bryce-brown

The one wart he noted (besides the fumbles in the Panthers and Cowboys games) was a "maddening tendency" to bounce plays outside that were designed to go inside. That seems to me be something related to him having been an inexperienced player and something that would be a fairly fixable issue.

The optimist in me keeps reminding myself that this Bills franchise is the exact same team who allowed Beast Mode to languish on the bench as an underutilized 3rd stringer. So I'm curious to know what the deal is with this Bryce Brown. If anyone has any insights on him and why he's failed to nail down more of a starter's role, I'd love to hear them.

If he can do the things that I saw him do in that highlight reel for us on a consistent basis ... and gets consistent playing time ... I see little reason why he couldn't put up some pretty significant numbers on the ground in this Hawks Offense.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
chris98251":3iu8kx82 said:
Our run game just needs to be respected, we don't need 150 rushing from a RB, if we can run when we want to and get short yardage then they can't cheat on us. We have to show we can do it going into the playoffs, we should have Lynch back also but respecting the run will give Wilson a pocket to do what he has been doing.

This man here gets it.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
He did look good in that high light reel. But the one thing glaringly obvious to me at least, was that ball waving around in the open, even in traffic, just asking to be knocked out... so the fumble issues are not surprising.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":uaia4y74 said:
He did look good in that high light reel. But the one thing glaringly obvious to me at least, was that ball waving around in the open, even in traffic, just asking to be knocked out... so the fumble issues are not surprising.

I find it hard to believe that Carroll would have signed him to the Seahawks if he was still carrying the ball that way in his tryouts and practices with the Hawks. He certainly won't see the field for the Hawks until he corrects the way he holds the ball.

Rob12

Reaction score
After watching some more tape of Brown, I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do. He has the talent to be a very good back in this league. Ball security issues have obviously been the biggest factor in him not being able to stay on a roster.

I would think that that could be corrected by coaching. He does remind me a lot of Rawls. Being decisive is essential to success and it looks like he has that.

He just needs to realize that if he puts the ball on the grass, he's one step closer to unemployment again.

Hopefully he's another reclamation project that can thrive here.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Biggest mistake to me was keeping a couple of Cable's OL projects earlier in the year (Nowak, Sokoli) over keeping and/or obtaining some quality RB depth like Rod Smith or Robert Turbin. Nowak started games and still wasn't picked up. No way someone was picking up Sokoli. Questionable roster management, in my mind.

Ozzy

Reaction score
David I agree. The fact that no one picked up Nowak is telling. I'm not killing John/Pete as every team hits and misses at times.

Brown is definitely talented and I'm excited to see what he can do. Hope they get a big lead and just pound it with him to see what they have. Perfect game to do it with.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Just to be clear I want whoever will produce the most in the game. With not much to go on it seems a majority here are really down on Harris and twinkling with excitement over Brown. If this was such an obvious consensus why was Harris on the roster and not Brown?

I know these are everyone's opinions but there is relevance to my question. Seattle signed Harris November 23rd, yet Brown has been available since September 15th.

Edit: well guess that answers that. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120081

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/676871629905858560[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/676879406552375296[/tweet]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kearly":2rw3mcc2 said:
j hawk":2rw3mcc2 said:
I think Coleman will be better than most people think. He has wiggle and some speed plus been in the system awhile. If Brown can learn to hold the rock he could set himself up for more years with the Hawks. We will need more depth going forward.

I don't know how good Coleman will be at RB, but his burst on that 19 yard run surprised me. I know Coleman isn't a real fullback but not since Leonard Weaver have I seen that kind of acceleration from a big man on our team.

You have to admit though, that was a pretty big hole he went through.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3d5h2iiq said:
kearly":3d5h2iiq said:
j hawk":3d5h2iiq said:
I think Coleman will be better than most people think. He has wiggle and some speed plus been in the system awhile. If Brown can learn to hold the rock he could set himself up for more years with the Hawks. We will need more depth going forward.

I don't know how good Coleman will be at RB, but his burst on that 19 yard run surprised me. I know Coleman isn't a real fullback but not since Leonard Weaver have I seen that kind of acceleration from a big man on our team.

You have to admit though, that was a pretty big hole he went through.
But at least he saw it.

irocdave

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":apyymiy3 said:

Same here. Do that with the Rams or Cards and he will have multiple fumbles per game. Dude runs with the ball in the hand that he uses to keep his balance and seems like he is allergic to putting two hands on the ball. Might work for a game or two but will wind up biting the Hawks in the ass come playoff time or possibly sooner.

irocdave

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2umvjj6z said:
Biggest mistake to me was keeping a couple of Cable's OL projects earlier in the year (Nowak, Sokoli) over keeping and/or obtaining some quality RB depth like Rod Smith or Robert Turbin. Nowak started games and still wasn't picked up. No way someone was picking up Sokoli. Questionable roster management, in my mind.
Ship has sailed D7, let it go.