Brooks is the real deal

seabowl

Reaction score
Dude has been great and getting better. Definitely a core player for the Hawks future. Need like 5 more like him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Brooks is progressing well. Still might have preferred Jonathan Taylor (available in that draft slot) but definitely a foundation player and not a bust.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Brooks is our best first pick in awhile, that being said I'm still ambivalent towards him. In some ways he is great and other ways he's underwhelming. KJ Wright was a better player when he was here. Brooks may still get there, but he still has a ton of work to do as a player.

The first issue with Brooks is that he's EXTREMELY bad in coverage. He's a huge liability here, I consider him a two down player at this point. This is his biggest weakness as a player. He's torched on a regular basis and he's a major weak spot in pass coverage. He is phenomenally bad here.

On running plays for the most part he's extremely good. He's great at shedding tackles and runs through the line like a missle. He's great at setting the edge and Brooks has a very aggressive attack. That being said, at times his aggressiveness has caused him over-pursue.

I notice Brooks both for outstanding plays and really huge missteps. Brooks is a starting level linebacker but he needs to take another step in order to be a true force in the NFL.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3kkjxgv0 said:
Brooks is our best first pick in awhile, that being said I'm still ambivalent towards him. In some ways he is great and other ways he's underwhelming. KJ Wright was a better player when he was here. Brooks may still get there, but he still has a ton of work to do as a player.

The first issue with Brooks is that he's EXTREMELY bad in coverage. He's a huge liability here, I consider him a two down player at this point. This is his biggest weakness as a player. He's torched on a regular basis and he's a major weak spot in pass coverage. He is phenomenally bad here.

On running plays for the most part he's extremely good. He's great at shedding tackles and runs through the line like a missle. He's great at setting the edge and Brooks has a very aggressive attack. That being said, at times his aggressiveness has caused him over-pursue.

I notice Brooks both for outstanding plays and really huge missteps. Brooks is a starting level linebacker but he needs to take another step in order to be a true force in the NFL.

All of our linebackers are weak in coverage. I've been complaining about it for years now. Hard to blame it completely on one player when we mostly play zone(soft zone) and base d against more than 3 wr sets. There isn't a LB in the league great at covering actual wr wide open space.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The best move for the team going forward is to move Brooks to MLB and say goodbye to Wagner.

Latest posts