Brock Huard gave Wilson a B+ grade for yesterday's game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3f1ejimu said:
Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

He has one holding call this year, that's it.

Brown's solidified a position that's been a nightmare for us since Okung left and has helped resurrect Sweezy's career, he's the least of our worries on that line.

As far as Wilson goes, I'd downgrade him to a solid B. He ran decisively, had some good throws.........but in the end airmailed Lockett to end the game, and we needed Russell to be great in that moment, and he wasn't. So solid B.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ymiken1 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ymiken1 said:

Brown's solidified a position that's been a nightmare for us since Okung left and has helped resurrect Sweezy's career, he's the least of our worries on that line.

Not talking penalties. When a D-lineman gets to Wilson, I see Brown surrendering it a little too often for my tastes, given the money and picks we gave up to get him.

Could be worse though, and nobody wants to face the possibility Seattle made yet another move that brought too little bang for the buck, so I generally haven't said much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":icc8aqgu said:
Sgt. Largent":icc8aqgu said:
MontanaHawk05":icc8aqgu said:

Not talking penalties. When a D-lineman gets to Wilson, I see Brown surrendering it a little too often for my tastes, given the money and picks we gave up to get him.

Could be worse though, and nobody wants to face the possibility Seattle made yet another move that brought too little bang for the buck, so I generally haven't said much.

That was one play, the majority of the pressure Sunday was coming right up the middle with Suh and Donald. They destroyed Britt and our guards on just about every pass play.

Chapow

Reaction score
Mad Dog":21bciipb said:
I'd have given Wilson a A-.

Strip sack was not his fault. Onside kick idea was not his. Those two things likely cost us the victor more than anything else. Wilson led the offence admirably with a lot of clutch throws into tight windows (Vannett and Lockett TD's were throws many QB's don't make).

Just wasn't enough in the end. But really the loss was all on the defense that was shredded by the Rams for 7-8 yards a play and not a single turnover. Russ was the least of the teams problems.

I agree with this, but at the same time I have to acknowledge that the Rams offense does this to pretty much everybody. They average 33.5 ppg and 450 ypg. I think it's pretty safe to say that the only way to beat the Rams at this point is to either out score them, which would probably take at least the mid to high 30 point range, or to have an absolutely exceptional defensive performance. Our defense isn't there yet, but then again I'm not sure whose is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That O is impressive, that's putting it mildly. But offense doesn't win championships. Need to also have some D to back it up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":389tkmu8 said:
MontanaHawk05":389tkmu8 said:
Sgt. Largent":389tkmu8 said:
MontanaHawk05":389tkmu8 said:

That was one play, the majority of the pressure Sunday was coming right up the middle with Suh and Donald. They destroyed Britt and our guards on just about every pass play.

I'm also not talking about just this game. I'm talking ever since he got here, including this season when he's been healthy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1bfu7j5y said:
Sgt. Largent":1bfu7j5y said:
MontanaHawk05":1bfu7j5y said:
Sgt. Largent":1bfu7j5y said:

I'm also not talking about just this game. I'm talking ever since he got here, including this season when he's been healthy.

I just don't see it, and I haven't seen it.

Brown was shaky last year because he had that ankle injury right away.........so I'm happy with a healthy above average left tackle in FOREVER, to lead and solidify the line.

Everyone's gushing over Fluker, Sweezy, Britt and how Ifedi's playing much better. You think Ifedi and the other guys haven't benefited from Brown in the film room, and all his experience?

mrt144

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":1hl9iibf said:
When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?

If you focus on one play the whipsaw in variance will have you thinking someone is the GOAT one week and just a hair above the Peterman Experience the next.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
As stated earlier, this loss was on the D, and certainly NOT on Wilson.

The blatant anti-Wilson stuff is getting old. I'm all for criticism when deserved but he played a very solid game. Overall probably one of his better games of the season.

Still not sure I'd pay him the big++ money to stay but the fact it's a tough call points to his ability to play the game at a level better than most...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Regardless how much I am a Wilson fan or stick up for the guy, I can't fathom thinking he had a bad game on Sunday. Give me a break. And that fumble was all on the O Line getting toasted again on pass protection. Way more needs to be talked about when it comes to coaching. How many times in the last 2 seasons have we seen the Hawks get outcoached at the end of games? Losing games they should win, over and over again, it's getting old. Other teams adjust, Pete and his coaches either try to get cute when something is going just fine or.......they try to make Russ sit back there behind an average at best pass blocking team. The time management has been a huge issue with this team. Plays like the onside kick, next level stupid.

Latest posts