Bring on those kitty cats!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This made me laugh... really hard

YOLfjFP

Yeah.. see the Panthers wouldn't have been pumped up for a PLAYOFF GAME until Vegas released the spread. Now they are going to be totally fired up you guys.

:lol:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pantherfan527-nice posts man..I can't dislike you..Your kind of like the Carolina "Marvin" to me..Anyway good luck to your team but less than ours.. :thirishdrinkers: to a good game unlike that ugly Cowboy zebras game..

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37dz2ghl said:
This made me laugh... really hard

YOLfjFP

Yeah.. see the Panthers wouldn't have been pumped up for a PLAYOFF GAME until Vegas released the spread. Now they are going to be totally fired up you guys.

:lol:

You take a quote from a guy that has the Charlotte Hornets as his Avatar on a football board as someone that is talking with any credibility?

Rat

Reaction score
Here's a list of NFC teams that missed the playoffs that I would be more worried about facing than the Panthers:

Eagles
Vikings
Falcons
Saints
Niners
Rams

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":29ez0ebf said:
Geologic":29ez0ebf said:
I really think you guys are underestimating the Panthers. They have a tough defense that can stifle our offense. This can be a grind it out type of game.

Panthers will only score 13 maximum. Which means we only need 14. I think its OK to ink our name in the NFCCG.

Sweet. I got quoted too!.... http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... ard/page-2

But they forgot to add my username, to put it all in perspective. :D

Geologic

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":19ceh96m said:
Geologic":19ceh96m said:
Are we not forgetting about the 13-9 game against the panthers? That was away but still, I don't smell a blow out. All that said, I feel like the seahawks are going to win by 6 points.

When we were decimated by injury, still figuring out the post-Harvin offense and playing in a 10 AM game? We're a much different team now. And this game is at night at the Clink.

We will win by 2 scores.. the 40-10 stuff is a bit outlandish.. but a 20-6 type game isn't.
I could go for a 20-6 (206) Seahawks win type game :D

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
chris98251":1qecze0r said:
They made the playoffs so they are a threat to win just like anyone else, the major point I think is are they happy to get their first win and not know that things amp up each game going forward, the Seahawks know the stakes and their bread and butter plays to our strengths.

Yep. They're the worst team left in the playoffs. Which, to be fair, still means that they are a playoff team, and of course there are no guarantees about any one NFL game...but there isn't a single team left in the field in either conference that I'd rather be playing than Carolina.

jayneseahawk

Reaction score
Posted Today, 09:19 PM
#1 Their fans are idiots, most of them were GB/Minn/SF fans until 2 years ago.
#2 They won't be looking past us. Wilson is a film room junkie and believe me he will be ready.

lolz at #1 coming from a Carolina fan

raisethe3

Reaction score
The Hawks have beaten Panthers 3 years in a row already and I honestly don't see it ending any time soon. But what I do know is that, whenever the Hawks played them, it was always a close contest. But come Saturday, I don't think it will be any closer than the last 3 years scores indicate.

Hawks - 16
Panthers -12

Hawks - 12
Panthers - 7

Hawks - 13
Panthers - 9

The Hawks are playing Saturday Night, and we all know how the Hawks love prime time games. Carolina, although, with a good defense is good, but it won't be enough.

My prediction the Hawks will win comfortably. Something like 27-9 or something similar.

Riley12

Reaction score
Geologic":2ge29v67 said:
Steve Smith and Cam Newton are pretty good also.

We'll see. I envision Tatupu crossing in front of an ill-timed pass to Smith and taking it to the house.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Just finished rewatching the game from earlier against them.

We made alot of bonehead plays that kept them hanging around. Pressure on cam was actually really good we just didnt close on the sacks to well. Wags, Lane and Bmax out. I didnt notice who else was out. Willson oddly enough was terrible in this game, but wound up the hero. Richardson flashed a few times including a nice return.

Is this the first game post Percy? I think it was.

I think if we play our game, clean up penalties and avoid turnovers we got this.

CamGoesHAM

Reaction score
Seattle has beaten Carolina over the past 4 years by an average of 4 points... Seattle won't get the W as easy as most of you idiots think... Carolina is hot

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BlueTalons":2rj064k8 said:
Last time i checked...we were getting "kitty cats" as soon as the small birds lost...

Last I checked the top seed faces the lowest remaining seed which could have been the Lions at 6.

So no.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CamGoesHAM":1yrjodl7 said:
Seattle has beaten Carolina over the past 4 years by an average of 4 points... Seattle won't get the W as easy as most of you idiots think... Carolina is hot
Calling people idiots isn't allowed outside the shack/PWR, so ease up, junior.

That being said, this game's in our house. You'll see. Just don't cry in front of us when you get spanked, alright?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mq2q2ha said:
ruca":3mq2q2ha said:
I agree we should win but I see a ton of people overlooking the Panthers. They could've easily beat us last year if Kam didn't ball out for that fumble.

That game was in September of 2013...... in Carolina

Hell, even comparing this seasons matchup, the Seahawks are LIGHT YEARS ahead of where they were now.

The Panthers are a different team now than they were when we beat them in Carolina earlier this year, too. I'm not sure that much can be taken from that game on either side, really.

They've gotten some consistency in their secondary, they have an outstanding LB corps, and their D-line is one of the better ones in the league.

On offense, it's still the Cam Newton show, but they run the ball well. And I don't see them deciding they want a shootout against the LOB.

I think it really is going to be a grind-it-out type of game. I believe completely that the Hawks will win, but I don't think the margin will be much bigger than we've seen the last several years against the Panthers. I'd be very happy with a win by a TD.

Sam Mills Fan

Reaction score
Any Seahawk fan predicting a Seahawk W on Saturday based off their win earlier in the year: I wouldn't do that. Half the starters are different now. We have a very good offensive line and two fine corners for the first time in years. The running game has righted itself. The Panthers still have three glaring weaknesses the Seahawks can exploit:

Byron Bell is sadly not one of the starters that was cut or benched and is still protecting Cam's blind side at left tackle. He has to be the worst starting left tackle in the league at pass protection.

Roman Harper has been playing better the last month of the season, but he's still super spotty in coverage and I think all three losses to Seattle have come from Wilson and Doug Baldwin burning a safety in the second half.

And the biggest one of all is special teams. Football Outsiders had the Panthers special teams ranked 30th in the league this year and god-awful special teams play is what kept Arizona hanging around yesterday. When we lost Ted Ginn Jr in free agency, we didn't bother replacing him for some reason. We were left without a single player that had returned punts in the NFL or even college. Brenton Bersin has to be the worst punt returner the NFL has seen in ages. He's guaranteed a muff or near-muff at least once per game. Stupid turnovers like muffed punts are sure-fire ways to get fans loud, so he has to manage to at least literally just field the punts cleanly if the Panthers hope to win.

There you have it. I call things down the middle and I think this is a fair assessment. The Panthers have a good quarterback (who admittedly hasn't played great against Seattle), A+ running game, great tight end, and a great defense everywhere except strong safety (and Harper has played better). Weak left tackle, weak strong safety, horrendous special teams.

What does that mean on Saturday? I'm not going to pick a winner, but if you're expecting a blowout win with the caliber of players we have out there now, you're going to be very disappointed Saturday night.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sam Mills Fan":2dja9nnl said:
Any Seahawk fan predicting a Seahawk W on Saturday based off their win earlier in the year: I wouldn't do that. Half the starters are different now. We have a very good offensive line and two fine corners for the first time in years. The running game has righted itself. The Panthers still have three glaring weaknesses the Seahawks can exploit:

Byron Bell is sadly not one of the starters that was cut or benched and is still protecting Cam's blind side at left tackle. He has to be the worst starting left tackle in the league at pass protection.

Roman Harper has been playing better the last month of the season, but he's still super spotty in coverage and I think all three losses to Seattle have come from Wilson and Doug Baldwin burning a safety in the second half.

And the biggest one of all is special teams. Football Outsiders had the Panthers special teams ranked 30th in the league this year and god-awful special teams play is what kept Arizona hanging around yesterday. When we lost Ted Ginn Jr in free agency, we didn't bother replacing him for some reason. We were left without a single player that had returned punts in the NFL or even college. Brenton Bersin has to be the worst punt returner the NFL has seen in ages. He's guaranteed a muff or near-muff at least once per game. Stupid turnovers like muffed punts are sure-fire ways to get fans loud, so he has to manage to at least literally just field the punts cleanly if the Panthers hope to win.

There you have it. I call things down the middle and I think this is a fair assessment. The Panthers have a good quarterback (who admittedly hasn't played great against Seattle), A+ running game, great tight end, and a great defense everywhere except strong safety (and Harper has played better). Weak left tackle, weak strong safety, horrendous special teams.

What does that mean on Saturday? I'm not going to pick a winner, but if you're expecting a blowout win with the caliber of players we have out there now, you're going to be very disappointed Saturday night.

So in short, you think your team is going to lose as well? I'm not trying to be rude, just seems like a lot of "fluff" in your non-committal post there...

sutz

Reaction score
I don't mind a 'grind it out' kind of game. Hell, that's what Seattle does, grind it out. And most times, when the grinding is done, the Seahawks come out on top.

;)