OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pantherfan527":2j8z9xdj said:
You guys got the better team from Coaches down, its gonna be insane for our young team to go into a loud stadium like Seattle's but this is the matchup I wanted, maybe are guys play a little better knowing you guys have had our number the last few meetings.

Hey man, any given (Saturday). We're just puffin' out our chests because we know our chances of winning are high. But nobody here thinks there's ZERO chance for a playoff team to come in and beat Seattle. It can happen. The Panthers were the matchup we wanted as well, but let's see if we still feel that way by the 4th quarter come Saturday.

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":gvt2187p said:
Should be a good one. Cam hasn't played here has he?

That could be a major disadvantage for our young team, playing with your crowd noise, Bell our LT is already a subpar OL men, and I can see y'all defense getting to Cam early and often.

Rat

Reaction score
I feel like I should give at least a little respect to a team that made it to the divisional playoff round, but in this case, it's very difficult. They have looked awful most of the year.

That being said, they have a few things going for them. Jonathan Stewart looks like he's on a mission lately. Their defense has controlled games at times. Kelvin Benjamin is a big-play guy. They played us close in our last two meetings. Regardless of who it was against, winning two straight road games in the division to close out the year is impressive. They're finding ways to win, even if they don't look great doing it.

Unless this team comes out embarrassingly underprepared, I can't see it being much of a game.

I'll say 27-6 Seahawks.

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
Aros":1odzfomp said:
Pantherfan527":1odzfomp said:
You guys got the better team from Coaches down, its gonna be insane for our young team to go into a loud stadium like Seattle's but this is the matchup I wanted, maybe are guys play a little better knowing you guys have had our number the last few meetings.

Hey man, any given (Saturday). We're just puffin' out our chests because we know our chances of winning are high. But nobody here thinks there's ZERO chance for a playoff team to come in and beat Seattle. It can happen. The Panthers were the matchup we wanted as well, but let's see if we still feel that way by the 4th quarter come Saturday.

I got a lot of respect for the Hawks team, and I admire your team a lot also, even if we lose, I would be hoping to see y'all with another ring. But if by a small chance we win, I pray to the football gods for just one damn Superbowl ring LOL

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ruca":3g5sk0sd said:
Hasselbeck":3g5sk0sd said:
ruca":3g5sk0sd said:
I agree we should win but I see a ton of people overlooking the Panthers. They could've easily beat us last year if Kam didn't ball out for that fumble.

That game was in September of 2013...... in Carolina

Hell, even comparing this seasons matchup, the Seahawks are LIGHT YEARS ahead of where they were now.

And again.. fans can overlook teams all they want. It means nothing. The team will be focused, sharp and rested. Fan confidence level doesn't change anything from the outcome. :lol:

I'm just saying: I love confidence but I don't foresee a blowout. That's all. They play tough but we should be able to confuse Cam and force TOs.

I see a playoff game very much like the first one last year.

This team doesn't really blow anyone out on the scoreboard as much as they do in the stat column. We might win 17-6 .. 20-7 .. something like that.. but it will feel like 34-6 with the defense

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
MLTHawk":1t6p7zwr said:
After watching Detroit play, I'm happy we are getting the Cats. That doesn't mean I don't think we wouldn't beat Detroit, because I do. I just think it's going to be a lot easier match up and hopefully less risk of injury. Dallas and Greenbay are also forced to beat each other up now.

Seems like you made some friends in North Carolina. :D

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... age-board/

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I'm not sure that Scam Newton gets to signal for a first down this game. The Panthers look like a light version of the 49ers.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The panthers are pretty good. Y'all are underestimating them a bit. if y'all think it will be a blowout, y'all have anohter thing coming.

I think wer'all in for a dogfight.

What do y'all think?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Easy game. A slow start is obviously possible given how frequently our team has those, but Carolina almost never wins this game.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1gi0yotf said:
MLTHawk":1gi0yotf said:
After watching Detroit play, I'm happy we are getting the Cats. That doesn't mean I don't think we wouldn't beat Detroit, because I do. I just think it's going to be a lot easier match up and hopefully less risk of injury. Dallas and Greenbay are also forced to beat each other up now.

Seems like you made some friends in North Carolina. :D

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... age-board/

:lol: :stirthepot: :snack:

Geologic

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3slwhwgo said:
Geologic":3slwhwgo said:
I really think you guys are underestimating the Panthers. They have a tough defense that can stifle our offense. This can be a grind it out type of game.

I think you're overestimating them. They just beat Ryan Lindley, Matt Ryan (with no OL or defense), Johnny Manziel/Brian Hoyer, and Drew Brees who was nowhere near the Brees of old all year.

They have a nice defense yes.. but not much else. We should win fairly easily.. it will probably be a grind it out type contest early, as they all seem to be.. but we will pull away late.
The same can be said about the Seahawks with our past couple opponents though. (Ryan Lindley, Shaun Hill, Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Derek Carr) I still think the Seahawks will pull this out but it'll definitely be a closer game then what everyone thinks. Are we not forgetting about the 13-9 game against the panthers? That was away but still, I don't smell a blow out. All that said, I feel like the seahawks are going to win by 6 points.

Geologic

Reaction score
Steve Smith and Cam Newton are pretty good also. There run game is great too. It's just that Carolina's offensive line is HORRIBLE and Cam Newton is no slippery magician like Russell Wilson

chris98251

Reaction score
Well were not playing them in high humidity and across the country at 10:00 for a change, we know they have a good defense, not discounting that, but we will have our legs under us and it will be a lot different environment then they are used to seeing us in.

They made the playoffs so they are a threat to win just like anyone else, the major point I think is are they happy to get their first win and not know that things amp up each game going forward, the Seahawks know the stakes and their bread and butter plays to our strengths.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Geologic":3p1hsomd said:
Steve Smith and Cam Newton are pretty good also. There run game is great too. It's just that Carolina's offensive line is HORRIBLE and Cam Newton is no slippery magician like Russell Wilson

Um.. Steve Smith is a Raven now

ruca

Reaction score
Geologic":2j44utr4 said:

Whaa?

And I believe their OL has only given up like 3 sacks in 6 games now.

ruca

Reaction score
I'm thinking get this thing like 17-6 or something like that.

Geologic

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ap9u4rq5 said:
Geologic":ap9u4rq5 said:

Um.. Steve Smith is a Raven now
LMAO I meant Kelvin Benjamin... woops

Geologic

Reaction score
I was watching that Ravens game last night and was thinking of Steve Smith. :oops:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Geologic":3mtw88ot said:
Are we not forgetting about the 13-9 game against the panthers? That was away but still, I don't smell a blow out. All that said, I feel like the seahawks are going to win by 6 points.

When we were decimated by injury, still figuring out the post-Harvin offense and playing in a 10 AM game? We're a much different team now. And this game is at night at the Clink.

We will win by 2 scores.. the 40-10 stuff is a bit outlandish.. but a 20-6 type game isn't.