Brian Schottenheimer

scutterhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1ey3xbyc said:
The more I read the worse this looks on paper, on the bright side he has meet Sony Michel. Does anyone think this is a good hire? Please let there be someone.

Great Football minds ->Pete Carroll, AND, John Schneider....Your prayers have been answered....And you're Welcome. :2thumbs:

seedhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":11v1h2sz said:
The more I read the worse this looks on paper, on the bright side he has meet Sony Michel. Does anyone think this is a good hire? Please let there be someone.

Outstanding hire! Done for the specific reason seen on the previous pages of this thread. :p

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ly1ul1fp said:
Even if the guy is just your “average” OC, then he is light years better than the guy that just got canned here!

"Average" would win us 12 games a year on offense. At least the offense would probably do something in the first quarter

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1ee0efxh said:
Sports Hernia":1ee0efxh said:
Even if the guy is just your “average” OC, then he is light years better than the guy that just got canned here!

"Average" would win us 12 games a year on offense. At least the offense would probably do something in the first quarter

You can do worse than doing nothing in the 1st quarter. You could do nothing the entire game. Wilson was THE top QB in the 4th quarter and our second-half offense in general was top ten.

No, it's not ideal. But things could get worse. And practically everything Schottenheimer's done as an OC qualifies as worse. Let's hope it was just because of bad personnel.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Anchovy of Terror":1g9ebnnr said:
How did this thread turn into old people complaining about all the young people on their lawn?

I'm not. That's not even close to who I am (were you to meet me in real life, you'd understand). I've worked with young people most of my career. I get fired up working with young people. I love young people, their energy, their enthusiasm, their zest for life, etc.

I don't judge people by their age (young or "old"). There is value in each -- being "Young" ... or "Old." There is wisdom that comes from experience, that young people (regardless of how smart they may be) generally don't have. The older a person gets, the more they tend to understand people -- what makes them tick. Older people also tend to see patterns much better than younger people as well. [Recognizing patterns is a valuable trait for an Offensive Coordinator, wouldn't you say?]

It just sure seems like that's not the predominant thought though. It just seems like once people get to a certain age, they're automatically dismissed, thrown in the garbage by society (so to speak).

I just hate judging people by age in general (whether they be "younger" or "older"). I'm just saying, people should give Schottenheimer a chance before automatically assuming he's going to crash and burn.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":en5ukzax said:
He may not be the sexiest pick, but if Schotty comes here and delivers an offense that can run the ball consistently, that's all I care about. Without a solid running game Pete's system doesn't work.

This...we need to get back to running the ball whatever it takes. Get the PA game going and open up more things for Russ

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I don't have a choice but to get on board but this whole process feels like an fu from Pete. We were clamoring for something different and Pete brings in the status quo. This confirms for me even more this decision to move on from DB was not from Pete it came above his head with PA and JS, so Pete went out and got himself a DB all over again. This was just change just to shut us up but it's business as usual. The idea that teams were going to be lining up for this guy is laughable, maybe this all goes great but if it does it'll be the first time an offense goes great under his watch, nobody was lining up for Shotty and they're selling us that we had to move. I wasn't sure about Deflippio or however his name was spelt but that was in the direction that would've created a little excitement. This is just deflating but I hope that smarter football minds than me know better.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Now, the playbook is nowhere near as predictable as simply "taking the top off the defense," but that is its premise. The number one concern on the minds of Rams fans should be the safety and wellbeing of the face of the franchise - Sam Bradford. The longtime misunderstanding of Air Coryell is that it is a "QB killer." It’s something that Rams fans can easily relate to after years of seeing both Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger flat on their backs. While the evidence is there to support these claims, there truly is an easy solution for that problem, and balance is the key.

Air Coryell Schottenheimer offense

So.... more of the same but with a fullback?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Danny Darko":ryw01lnh said:
Now, the playbook is nowhere near as predictable as simply "taking the top off the defense," but that is its premise. The number one concern on the minds of Rams fans should be the safety and wellbeing of the face of the franchise - Sam Bradford. The longtime misunderstanding of Air Coryell is that it is a "QB killer." It’s something that Rams fans can easily relate to after years of seeing both Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger flat on their backs. While the evidence is there to support these claims, there truly is an easy solution for that problem, and balance is the key.

Air Coryell Schottenheimer offense

So.... more of the same but with a fullback?

Largely. Some difference. Same emphasis.

Though of couse when people read "WCO" amongst Bevell's background, all they think of is short passes...as if Seattle has EVER relied on those during his tenure here outside a handful of games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We haven't seen him be an OC for us yet, but plenty of people are saying he's worse than Bevell? Jesus Christ.

Welcome to Seattle, Mr. Schottenheimer.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Did anyone really think Pete was going to do anything other than hire an OC specifically to implement his plan?

He just needs to do it better than Bevell...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
two dog":38jzmi0q said:
I have read this entire dreary thread and it seems everybody knows everything.
Knows Everything?, hell, I don't think they even SUSPECT anything. :lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
flmmkrz":9ur5eshu said:
I don't have a choice but to get on board but this whole process feels like an fu from Pete. We were clamoring for something different and Pete brings in the status quo. This confirms for me even more this decision to move on from DB was not from Pete it came above his head with PA and JS, so Pete went out and got himself a DB all over again. This was just change just to shut us up but it's business as usual. The idea that teams were going to be lining up for this guy is laughable, maybe this all goes great but if it does it'll be the first time an offense goes great under his watch, nobody was lining up for Shotty and they're selling us that we had to move. I wasn't sure about Deflippio or however his name was spelt but that was in the direction that would've created a little excitement. This is just deflating but I hope that smarter football minds than me know better.

Was thinking the same thing. Lot of people getting pissy at the group not liking the hire and saying give BS a chance. I think giving him a chance goes without saying, we really don't have a choice but to hope for the best.

I think it is completely fair to be concerned about the possibility of see the same dumpster fire of an offense Seattle has put on the field for at least 2 seasons. Thing that is worrying me the most is the hiring of an underwhelming OLC. With the decision of hiring BS I could see this happening. This is concern not negativity.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Gio":16pwo20a said:
Schottenheimer was their top choice, and the Seahawks wanted to get him before other teams offered him positions. - Rapoport added
This is a frightening statement.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":160erjrk said:
We haven't seen him be an OC for us yet, but plenty of people are saying he's worse than Bevell? Jesus Christ.

Welcome to Seattle, Mr. Schottenheimer.
So much this!

Folks are either butt hurt because their guy just got fired, or their guy didn’t get hired.
This guy isn’t my first choice, but he can’t be worse then the last guy, who set a pretty low bar to step over.

fifty9fan

Reaction score
I remember a head coach that went 41-55 in his first 6 seasons. Dude's name is Bill Belichick.

I also remember Pete Carroll getting run out of the NFL on a rail after going 33-31 as a head coach with the Jets and Pats. Comes back in 2010 and has gone 79-48 since.

Bet the folks in Buffalo were just thrilled to get Marv Levy, who went 31-42 in 5 seasons with KC. 4 Superbowl appearances later, and a 112-70 record with the Bills created one of the NFL's great runs, and if the ball had bounced differently a couple of times, they may have been named among the dynasties of the late 80's/early 90's.

Point is, I don't think any of us have any idea what Schotty is gonna bring to the Seahawk table...just like the fans of the Pats, Seahawks and Bills had no clue either. And many of them cursed those hires, but in time, discovered the ability of humans to adapt, grow and succeed in new environments. Here's hoping the same thing happens to Schotty. I, for one, welcome his hire and hope for great results. And I can't wait to see what he does with Russ!!

It's certainly possible it may turn out to be a less than stellar hire, but right now, it's all good.

Go Hawks!!

HommyHawk

Reaction score
If we do hire him then we are tweaking and not rebuilding which to me is a good sign.we really only needed a reliable kicking game these last two seasons and would have finished with 11 or 12 wins.new coach new tendencies and hopefully no zbs.I trust Pete not because I'm a homer (I am)but because he has earned it. Go Hawks!

Latest posts