Breno, A NYJ Team-mate, Vouches For PH

lukerguy

Reaction score
Percy has a lot to be good for. His contract only has guaranteed money for the next year- after that he can be cut. If NY cuts him, what are the chances he'll keep finding new homes with his rap sheet?

Also a trend with Percy is that he's excellent for the honeymoon, and then it progressively becomes out of control. Expect some good highlights in NY in the next month

HawkWow

Reaction score
DrDix":1rn3xbbq said:
Seahawk Sailor":1rn3xbbq said:
Other than being a teammate, I'm not sure why Breno feels the need to get on Percy's good side. It's not like Percy can beat him up.

Maybe, just maybe, someone who actually knew what happened is standing out and saying so.

100% of people of this forum have NO idea what actually happened, and yet everyone just shits all over Harvin the instant he is gone.

Pathetic.

thought this fanbase was slightly more mature, but apparently no different than the Webzone.

Just how much time do you think Breno spent in OUR locker room with Harvin THIS year?
(Hint: Zero. Breno was in NY)

How many games did Breno and Harvin play in together THIS year?
(hint: Zero, Breno was in NY)

How far is NY from Seattle?
(Hint: 2,800 miles)

While it's well documented Harvin was an asshat LAST year (and likely since birth), the final final final straw in Seattle came after he pulled himself from games and fought with Baldwin and (reportedly) Wilson THIS year. So why would anyone give a damn what the banished Breno has to say, let alone use his nonsensical opinion to call this forum "pathetic"?

(Hint: "pathetic" attention whoring)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkWow":2wbocnxp said:
DrDix":2wbocnxp said:
Seahawk Sailor":2wbocnxp said:
Other than being a teammate, I'm not sure why Breno feels the need to get on Percy's good side. It's not like Percy can beat him up.

Maybe, just maybe, someone who actually knew what happened is standing out and saying so.

100% of people of this forum have NO idea what actually happened, and yet everyone just shits all over Harvin the instant he is gone.

Pathetic.

thought this fanbase was slightly more mature, but apparently no different than the Webzone.

Just how much time do you think Breno spent in OUR locker room with Harvin THIS year?

While it's well documented Harvin was an asshat LAST year (and likely since birth), the final final final straw in Seattle came after he pulled himself from games and fought with Baldwin and (reportedly) Wilson THIS year. So why would anyone give a damn what the banished Breno has to say, let alone use his nonsensical opinion to call this forum "pathetic"?

It's all good. Dude prolly just landed a job as Percy's Cabana Boy, so he's gotta show his loyalty.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkWow":3vflfops said:
DrDix":3vflfops said:
Seahawk Sailor":3vflfops said:

Pathetic.

You have a point. Heck they couldn't have spent too much time around each other even last year. Remember Percy didn't rehab with the team.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1mtqtf5u said:
HawkWow":1mtqtf5u said:
DrDix":1mtqtf5u said:
Seahawk Sailor":1mtqtf5u said:

Pathetic.

It's all good. Dude prolly just landed a job as Percy's Cabana Boy, so he's gotta show his loyalty.

HA!

Can we move Hatvin threads to NFL forum? I could give two $#!+$ who likes the guy, who doesn't, and whether or not he's producing in NY. He's a prima donna that doesn't understand the team aspect of football.

Enough with this damn fool.

Rob12

Reaction score
Cartire":32bwz5xh said:
DrDix":32bwz5xh said:
Seahawk Sailor":32bwz5xh said:

Pathetic.

Dude, get over yourself. Percy got in three confirmed fights. He gave tate a black eye before the super bowl. He refused to go to Oakland because of baldwin. These are all facts.

What more do you want?

I'm far, far from a PH apologist and I like the fact that we moved on from him.

With that said, we still haven't gotten any context behind these altercations. I think PH was likely the instigator, but in reality that is an ignorant judgment to make.

Rob12

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ovgu48q said:
DrDix":3ovgu48q said:

YOU are the only one who has NO idea what happened. It's really pretty clear... When you (Harvin) initiate multiple physical fights with teammates (confirmed by multiple sources), and you refuse to go into games at crunch time, to run plays specifically designed for you... and instead Brian Walters takes your reps, and the team loses by 1 score, it's pretty clear that is not adult NFL-caliber behavior, it is childish petulance that directly harms the team, and is an extremely stupid thing to do to your employer.

And that's not even going into what a lot of people think was injury-milking behavior to get paid without having to work and take hits. We can give Harvin a free pass on that and still know everything we need to know to understand (and agree, in my case) with the team in fixing the problem and cutting out the cancer.

DrDix":3ovgu48q said:
Pathetic.

You attempt to judge and label others, but do you realize the only person you are actually judging and labeling with your name-calling comments like this is yourself?

In *partial* fairness to Harvin, he had to know he was on the block to be traded, so why take hits for a team that is "showcasing" him and planning to trade him? So from Harvin's twisted logic, why would he want to go in and risk his body for an employer who, in his self-entitled arrogance, he believes betrayed him?

I'm sorry that YOU can't make any sense of the situations, but its very clear and apparent what went down and why to the vast majority of the longtime posters here on .NET.

Not getting in the game when called upon is unforgivable in the team sense. For that reason alone, I'm glad Percy is gone. But don't think for one minute that I put it past the Seahawks or any other organization in professional sports to sling a little mud to justify their position. It's like Baldwin said... When you're family, you fight. My brother and I mixed it up plenty of times and on more than one occasion I instigated it. Not saying this is the same thing, but can we all stop acting like we know exactly what happened when we don't? We've moved on from PH, and I think that's a great thing... But I think the mud slinging has gotten a little much.

Rob12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3twky8dy said:
Come on man, there are NUMEROUS reports, from MANY players and media members about Percy and his altercations. Including MICHAEL ROBINSON, who said on NFL Network that HE was the one who broke up the fight between him and Tate. Geezus man, we are not assuming anything, it is out there, and PLENTY OF IT. :roll:

Who doubts it?

No one.

Did Michael explain the circumstances around the brawl? Was it PH picking a fight? Please point me in the right direction as I'd love to join in on making Percy the villain.

Rob12

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1xq7xpl3 said:
HawkWow":1xq7xpl3 said:
DrDix":1xq7xpl3 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1xq7xpl3 said:

Pathetic.

Stop with that. We're all 12's here. We all love our Seahawks more than any one player.

But is it so wrong to want more CONTEXT before condemning Percy? I mean, when this whole soap opera first started, it was speculated that Percy fought Golden in defense of Russell Wilson and his marriage.

Then, ADB claims that he was 'shocked' by the trade and chalks his scuffle with Percy up to "family members sometimes fight." He had a golden opportunity to blast Percy and he didn't. Instead, he chose to make Percy look human.

More needs to come out before we know what Percy is. I get that he had a checkered past before Seattle, and believe me, I lean to the side of him being nothing more than a punk and a terrible, selfish teammate - but I don't know it as fact.

You all do?

He's gone. I think most of us can agree that we will be better off without him. I just don't see the need to assassinate his character when, you know, WE WERENT THERE, and there are conflicting 'reports' coming out.

I am glad that Percy is gone because I think he was a terrible fit for our offense, not because I think he was a punk who was trying to beat up all our players or trying to lead a mutiny against our quarterback.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1iot5slm said:
Breno sucked, hes a thug and knucklehead but wasnt worth what he was paid from New York .

Harvin and Breno will easily last more than a year there, Because that place is a circus

Fixed it for ya.
They need more acrobats if anyone knows of any......

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2ihlvunu said:

You do realize that size doesn't mean a thing when it comes to fear.....horses are scared of snakes. Horses are clearly the bigger of the two in size. Here's another example, most humans are bigger than bugs, yet many of them are still afraid of bugs.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Wait, so the altercations with Baldwin and Wilson were physical? Or are we just talking like we know something?

But speaking of talking like we know something, apparently players always see eye to eye and altercations, physical or verbal, never happen in an NFL locker room.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DrDix":351slgmw said:
Seahawk Sailor":351slgmw said:

Pathetic.

So are you disputing Michael Robinson when he says that he had to break up the fight between Harvin and Tate the day before the Super Bowl? Or maybe you doubt Baldwin who says that there was an altercation between himself and Harvin before the Raiders pre season game? Sure some of the guys liked him and some didn't, and that these kinds of things can happen. And yes the media will always try to over dramatize the situations as a way to get people to watch their broadcasts and read their stories, but if anyone is still trying to deny that there were issues inside our locker room and that Harvin was the center, they have to have blinders on

akscoundrel

Reaction score
kidhawk":262oklsj said:
DrDix":262oklsj said:
Seahawk Sailor":262oklsj said:

Pathetic.

So are you disputing Michael Robinson when he says that he had to break up the fight between Harvin and Tate the day before the Super Bowl? Or maybe you doubt Baldwin who says that there was an altercation between himself and Harvin before the Raiders pre season game? Sure some of the guys liked him and some didn't, and that these kinds of things can happen. And yes the media will always try to over dramatize the situations as a way to get people to watch their broadcasts and read their stories, but if anyone is still trying to deny that there were issues inside our locker room and that Harvin was the center, they have to have blinders on

Did Baldwin and Wilson see Harvin as an issue that needed to be sent away? What players think/thought Harvin was the source of anything? I'd like to think we have a team who is a little more personally responsible and accountable than that....

drdiags

Reaction score
That Bleacher Report by Freeman had some variation on why Harvin was traded. It reminded me of a tweet I saw that went along the lines of "You can beat up your WRs, but touch the QB and you are outta here!!".

Not sure why, but it seems Harvin was starting to have issues with Wilson and the team wanted to avoid a TO vs McNabb type scenario. As I mentioned before, it is a choice a team has to make if they think things are going in that direction. I am sure someone will post the article soon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3qeuuhic said:
DrDix":3qeuuhic said:
Seahawk Sailor":3qeuuhic said:

Pathetic.

akscoundrel":3qeuuhic said:
Did Baldwin and Wilson see Harvin as an issue that needed to be sent away? What players think/thought Harvin was the source of anything? I'd like to think we have a team who is a little more personally responsible and accountable than that....

I doubt any of the guys on the team would ever say they wanted him gone. That just doesn't seem to be the makeup of these guys, but if he is causing any rifts, and ESPECIALLY if it's true that he held himself out of games because he wasn't happy, then the front office needed to step in and do something.

I really was excited to have Percy Harvin on this team, but I also know that our Front Office invested a lot in this guy, and if they bailed on him at this point in time, they didn't do it because they were looking for a mid round draft pick. I trust them enough to understand there had to be issues, even if they are trying to keep as much of it in house as possible

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is that article for those that care to review it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ce-another-wr-learns-not-to-disrespect-the-qb

"If someone is talking bad about your quarterback," Douglas said, "they [have] to go. Period. The quarterback, through thick and thin, has to be the guy."

In Seattle, though many people may deny this, there was a similar dynamic between Wilson and Harvin.

While reports suggest (like ESPN's Chris Mortensen) Wilson wanted to help Harvin through his anger issues, one Seahawks player said the biggest reason the team traded the wide receiver was his increasing animosity towards the third-year QB. Players said Harvin was an accelerant in a locker room that was quickly dividing between Wilson and anti-Wilson.

What I find interesting and disappointing is the "Cornball" brother type of labeling implicated in the story. We blacks should have been past this kind of thinking, hate to see it can still be an issue. I thought "Uncle Tom" was something from my generation that would fade away.

253hawk

Reaction score
Harvin hasn't even been there for a week yet. Cancer doesn't grow out of nowhere in a day, give it some time.