Brees already crowning us NFC Champs??

jblaze

Reaction score
It's fairly obvious, or at least I thought it was. HFA is ours.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Clinching by winning the next two games would be great. The fact that those games are against the 9ers and Giants makes it that much sweeter. Knocking those cheap shot-minded bums back a notch to scrap with the cardinals is awesomeness part one. Derailing another Coughlin comeback is part 2. The giAnts played like sh#t all season, so I don't want to see them get rolling and squeak into the post season again. They don't freaking deserve it, IMO and I'll be glad if we make a direct contribution to their demise.

RiverDog

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1zbuhvd6 said:
Cartire":1zbuhvd6 said:
Sarlacc83":1zbuhvd6 said:
In order for the Saints (or the Panthers) to get the #1 seed, Seattle would have to lose all 4 of its remaining games. So, it's not a stretch to give them the HFA crown this early.

We actually have to win two to secure it. If either saints or Carolina wins out and we only win won more, it 13 to 12.

Edit. Not trying to be downer either. It's very possible both those guys lose at least one more each which would mean we only need one win.

This is correct. If we go 1-3 and either CAR or NO win out, then we lose HFA. Obviously, this is unlikely, but none of our remaining games are exactly slam dunks either.

We could also lose all 4 and if the Niners win out, we'd be stuck with a wild card. But neither scenario has a snowball's chance in hell of coming true.