Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carroll-Brady : 1-3 rings

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Carroll-Brady : 4+ rings

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson always talked about wanting to be the best, Brady is the GOAT. Carroll has one ring, should have been two; Belichick has six, should have been five. Both coach player relationship broke up after years of success. At this point, evidences are hinting that Wilson's success was due to Carroll's coaching and designing a system to highlight his strength and covered his weakness; Belichick needed Brady more than he thinks, he lucked into Brady or his coaching record would be quite different.

What would have happened if Wilson was under Belichick? How many rings? What could have happened with Carroll and Brady? How many rings?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wilson-Belichick 1-2 rings
Brady - Carroll 4+

Imagine Brady plus the LOB plus Bennet/ Avril, plus Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, Lockett, Lockette, Beast.

The oft mentioned 3-pete would have been well within the realm of possibility.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson-Belichick 1-2 rings
Brady - Carroll 4+

Imagine Brady plus the LOB plus Bennet/ Avril, plus Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, Lockett, Lockette, Beast.

The oft mentioned 3-pete would have been well within the realm of possibility.
...... and Brady's willingness to take a pay cut for the good of the team, and Pete likely didn't have to rid the team of LOB.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Brady-Belichick split was largely due to cap issues and the need for the Patriots to rebuild after pushing it off for so long. Brady went to a loaded team that was just missing a QB while the Patriots started the full rebuild process. While Brady certainly came out of it looking good with another ring, the Pats rebuild has gone well too so it hasn't been a zero-sum outcome.

The interesting part is that it appears to have planted the idea for many QBs (and coaches) that you can skip rebuilds simply by moving to teams that had just finished them. Wilson, Payton, and maybe McVay here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wilson always talked about wanting to be the best, Brady is the GOAT. Carroll has one ring, should have been two; Belichick has six, should have been five. Both coach player relationship broke up after years of success. At this point, evidences are hinting that Wilson's success was due to Carroll's coaching and designing a system to highlight his strength and covered his weakness; Belichick needed Brady more than he thinks, he lucked into Brady or his coaching record would be quite different.

What would have happened if Wilson was under Belichick? How many rings? What could have happened with Carroll and Brady? How many rings?
If Belicheck had gotten busted for all his cheats and videos, he might only have 2 or 3 rings

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The German language calls this “Schadenfreude” or “dark joy”.

Although I am starting to feel sorry for #3, he has clearly built his own destruction… I am kind of obsessed with how far he has fallen and have to laugh at the marketing of “Let’s Ride” self confidence versus the crash and burn season he is having.

But he is also still our “good old Russ”. Pete and the fan-base believed in him during a good run. Russ might be narcissistic and out of touch with other people, but he also has a childlike side that seems to be really hurt and suffering right now.

We also now see how much Pete must have bent over backwards to make things work. He clearly protected #3’s “sensitive” personality. But, after the Seahawks ditched real “Alpha males” like the Legion Of Boom, and built the team around the “@DangerPuss” product, it finally fell apart.

Belichick would not have been as “nurturing” as Pete was and would probably have traded him away a couple of years ago.

Clearly, the Seahawks management timed everything perfectly and got maximum results and trade value for their “used car”. The Broncos were just “used by Carr” and the Raiders and had the saddest “Let’s Ride” yet. : )

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
The German language calls this “Schadenfreude” or “dark joy”.

Although I am starting to feel sorry for #3, he has clearly built his own destruction… I am kind of obsessed with how far he has fallen and have to laugh at the marketing of “Let’s Ride” self confidence versus the crash and burn season he is having.

But he is also still our “good old Russ”. Pete and the fan-base believed in him during a good run. Russ might be narcissistic and out of touch with other people, but he also has a childlike side that seems to be really hurt and suffering right now.

We also now see how much Pete must have bent over backwards to make things work. He clearly protected #3’s “sensitive” personality. But, after the Seahawks ditched real “Alpha males” like the Legion Of Boom, and built the team around the “@DangerPuss” product, it finally fell apart.

Belichick would not have been as “nurturing” as Pete was and would probably have traded him away a couple of years ago.

Clearly, the Seahawks management timed everything perfectly and got maximum results and trade value for their “used car”. The Broncos were just “used by Carr” and the Raiders and had the saddest “Let’s Ride” yet. : )
I am sort of in between "Fremdschämen" and "Schadenfreude", OK, I was lying, I am totally enjoying the guilty joy, although quite ashamed of my feelin'. I wish that I have more empathy, as Wilson is no doubt suffering, but those $250mil and "City of Denver wants to win, knows how to win." kept get in the way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bill wouldn't have tolerated Me3 like Pete did.
"Patriots Way" vs "Team 3"? LOL

evergreen

Reaction score
If we had drafted him Holmgren would’ve gotten him first. After a few Super Bowls Jim Mora may have lasted and there’s no Pete.

Latest posts