Breaking down Frank Clark -- how he compares to Dante Fowler

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The pissing on another's shoes that went on earlier in this thread is just freaking wrong and a reason why this place needs moderators and those good folks need to work harder than should be necessary. Ultimately we can disagree here without it being personal but to get personal is childish and takes the the discussion to a level that isn't needed.

I thought this was an interesting thread and thank Rob Stanton for his contribution. I think Popeye had a reasonable disagreement but took his response to an unneeded level. All in all I agree more with Rob and am happy with this draft pick, time will tell who is more right. my belief is the political correct folks who are unprepared to consider second chances or take a measured view of the police allegations are more problematic than the Bad boys those folks want to see perpetually punished.

No need to call anyone names here and disagreeing shouldn't result in that happening. In the end we are all big boys and girls here and should be able to take whatever is handed out but name calling shouldn't be part of the discussion.

And I'm an A--Ho-- for bring this up.

jake206

Reaction score
Dante Fowler= Fragile... is thankfully not comparable to Frank Clark for 2015 season.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1rhtexul said:
Uhhh, I have the same proof that everyone else does: the pictures from the police report with bruising on her face from where he punched her, and on her neck from where he choked her. I also have the eye witness accounts from the police report.
The "eye witnesses" are juveniles and are highly unlikely to be providing reliable testimony. The victim herself denies their statements and provides her own believable reasons for her injuries.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":8h9zj7kl said:
Popeyejones":8h9zj7kl said:
Uhhh, I have the same proof that everyone else does: the pictures from the police report with bruising on her face from where he punched her, and on her neck from where he choked her. I also have the eye witness accounts from the police report.
The "eye witnesses" are juveniles and are highly unlikely to be providing reliable testimony. The victim herself denies their statements and provides her own believable reasons for her injuries.

You are correct. I do not know what the age for child testimony is in the State of Michigan, but IIRC, in most states it starts at around 8 YO. (Of course, in Family Court it may be different.)

Young children are too easy to manipulate. Didn't the younger child claim 'he killed her!'? Is she still alive?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Popeyejones":q32ytxau said:
theENGLISHseahawk":q32ytxau said:
Popeyejones":q32ytxau said:
The differences are that Fowler produced in his last year of college whereas Clark didn't, and Fowler didn't get kicked off his team for beating the crap out of his girlfriend.

Both of those are big things.

Dante Fowler Jr's 2014 stats: 15 TFL's, 8.5 sacks in 12 games

Frank Clark's 2014 stats: 13.5 TFL's, 4.5 sacks in 10 games.

So basically pretty much a wash given Clark played two fewer games.

But thanks for caring enough to respond.

See the rest of my post, which you might have missed.

Yeah, Fowler outperformed Clark, scouts think his deficiencies are more fixable than Clark's and won't hinder him at the next level, Fowler didn't "miss two games" from being kicked off the team, and Fowler didn't commit domestic violence.

Maybe Clark ends up being a better player than Fowler. There's no way to know. Playing aloof as to who the better prospect was is pretty silly though, IMO.

Why do people insist on using past mistakes to judge a person when we ALL make mistakes. The fact that people continue to bring up his past is obnoxious, let it go people... move on.

He's incredibly humble and says he's willing to work with the team in interviews, what more do you want?

His past and his mistakes have no bearing on how he will turn out as a football player.

And seriously Fowler? Guy is already injured. PASS.

McGruff

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20ic4o03 said:
Popeyejones":20ic4o03 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":20ic4o03 said:
Popeyejones":20ic4o03 said:
The differences are that Fowler produced in his last year of college whereas Clark didn't, and Fowler didn't get kicked off his team for beating the crap out of his girlfriend.

Both of those are big things.

Dante Fowler Jr's 2014 stats: 15 TFL's, 8.5 sacks in 12 games

Frank Clark's 2014 stats: 13.5 TFL's, 4.5 sacks in 10 games.

So basically pretty much a wash given Clark played two fewer games.

But thanks for caring enough to respond.

See the rest of my post, which you might have missed.

Yeah, Fowler outperformed Clark, scouts think his deficiencies are more fixable than Clark's and won't hinder him at the next level, Fowler didn't "miss two games" from being kicked off the team, and Fowler didn't commit domestic violence.

Maybe Clark ends up being a better player than Fowler. There's no way to know. Playing aloof as to who the better prospect was is pretty silly though, IMO.

Why do people insist on using past mistakes to judge a person when we ALL make mistakes. The fact that people continue to bring up his past is obnoxious, let it go people...

I peed in the middle of the street when I drank too much in college.

I didn't assault a woman.

Not all mistakes are the same magnitude.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IIRC there's a thread for spewing your feelings about Frank Clark and the DV allegations.
It would be really helpful if people could keep their feelings about the DV allegations there so that FOOTBALL threads don't have all the pissing that should be in a different thread.

And PopeyeJones, no matter how many times you repeat media propaganda lines, it doesn't make them the truth.
And it's just silly to try to make Frank Clark the whipping boy for any act of DV ever committed by anyone anywhere. You'd be better off to also listen to the prosecutor who decided the charge was disorderly conduct, not DV.

And yes, Frank Clark with two intact ACL's is going to have a way better rookie year than Fowler; he just has to stay healthy and play football.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
McGruff":3sk55n9u said:
NFSeahawks628":3sk55n9u said:
Why do people insist on using past mistakes to judge a person when we ALL make mistakes. The fact that people continue to bring up his past is obnoxious, let it go people...

I peed in the middle of the street when I drank too much in college.

I didn't assault a woman.

Not all mistakes are the same magnitude.

You could have been charged with more criminal violations for your act, if you want to be a snarky ass about it. So, not all acts are the the same magnitude. You just admitted to being a more hardened criminal than Frank Clark.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
olyfan63":24y4kd9t said:
IIRC there's a thread for spewing your feelings about Frank Clark and the DV allegations.
It would be really helpful if people could keep their feelings about the DV allegations there so that FOOTBALL threads don't have all the pissing that should be in a different thread.

Probably a good idea, but....

And PopeyeJones, no matter how many times you repeat media propaganda lines, it doesn't make them the truth.
And it's just silly to try to make Frank Clark the whipping boy for any act of DV ever committed by anyone anywhere. You'd be better off to also listen to the prosecutor who decided the charge was disorderly conduct, not DV.

...not one you seem to actually support.

And yes, Frank Clark with two intact ACL's is going to have a way better rookie year than Fowler; he just has to stay healthy and play football.

Fowler didn't have any injury history when drafted. That he had a really unfortunate and completely unpredictable injury is totally unrelated to if they were comparable prospects. Kinda cheap, IMO.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
titan3131":1h5c8aqg said:
Frank Clark defensive rookie of the year?

I sure hope so, but I will take the wait and see approach. Some of these kids struggle making the transition from the college level to the pros. I see Clark being good, but I wonder if we could have gotten him even later like maybe in the 3rd? Maybe we could have gotten Lockett in the 2nd and Clark in the 3rd and not used picks to move up... :229031_confused2:

titan3131

Reaction score
Clayfighter":31stqx66 said:
titan3131":31stqx66 said:
Frank Clark defensive rookie of the year?

I sure hope so, but I will take the wait and see approach. Some of these kids struggle making the transition from the college level to the pros. I see Clark being good, but I wonder if we could have gotten him even later like maybe in the 3rd? Maybe we could have gotten Lockett in the 2nd and Clark in the 3rd and not used picks to move up... :229031_confused2:

We dont have 9, let alone 11! roster spots. not trading up is the most moronic thing we could have done.

Every seahawks draft expert said we are moving up BOOK IT.

On top of that, multiple gms called John Schneider and said they were going to pick him soon. He specifically said there was one guy who they keep taking players out right from under.

ivotuk

Reaction score
WARNING. The next person who attempts to derail the thread by discussing Frank Clark's legal issues when there is a thread dedicated to just that, will be taking a week off.

I reserve the right to extend that week based solely on my mood. This shit is getting out of hand and the only thing some people seem to understand is the stick.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ivotuk":3s83w5oe said:
WARNING. The next person who attempts to derail the thread by discussing Frank Clark's legal issues when there is a thread dedicated to just that, will be taking a week off.

I reserve the right to extend that week based solely on my mood. This shit is getting out of hand and the only thing some people seem to understand is the stick.
Can I talk about his speeding tickets?

Sac

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1kpmxowl said:
ivotuk":1kpmxowl said:

Can I talk about his speeding tickets?

You can in the other thread.

titan3131

Reaction score
im absolutely sick of people + analysts saying:

"we didnt have to draft him"
"we didnt need a pass rusher"

Both of these things are SO WRONG. Having clark who worst case scenario is half or bennett on the inside or outside will give us such a higher amount of pressure.

In the draft forum Ive been screaming the need for a Dline pass rusher. And jsut like after the ATL game pete said he would never put the defense in that situation again without a real pass rush. we had to injury proof our-selfs again and insure the elite level of our defense for the future.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Clark is drafted how any Seahawk is draffted, by his potential for pro success not by his college stats. Even then his stats are nearly as good as those of the number one edge rusher of this class. Not to forget Clark isn't out for the entire season, while Dante is.