OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
toffee":255fhrmw said:
xray":255fhrmw said:
NJlargent":255fhrmw said:
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.

Carroll's job security has never been an issue with the Hawks . If it were , the Hawks wouldn't have given him a contract through the 2025 season . If the Hawks had known that Wilson was as unhappy as he appears to be now , and that PC was at the heart of Wilson's problem with the organization , they probably wouldn't have given Carroll that 5 year deal . I also feel that Wilson in hindsight regrets his own extension now . If the Hawks are forced to keep Wilson Or Carroll , I fear they will choose Carroll . Wilson will go on to have a gr8 career elsewhere and the Hawks will digress without him .IMO
https://youtu.be/0Kekgn8aUjI

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
That's would be quite a haul if the Raiders were willing to do it. I love RW, but Carr, Waller, and a 2021 1st and 2nd rounder for Russ, I would do that trade. But I can't see the Raiders giving up Waller. He and Jacobs are the only real weapons they have on offense. If RW were to go there, who's he going to throw the ball to?

But if somehow this were to happen, I think Carr, who's an above average NFL QB, would be pretty good in a Waldron type offense. And Waller is an absolute beast who just keeps getting better. He would absolutely excel in a Waldon type offense, but my only fear is that Pete would try to turn him into an inline blocker the way he did with Graham.

In that trade scenario, I would use both picks from the Raiders to build the OL to protect Carr who is not that mobile.

That would be a very solid offense. DK, Tyler, and Waller on the same offense would be a nightmare for opposing DC's to scheme against. And if Penny breaks out this year which I believe he's capable of, that could potentially be a very dynamic offense if Pete would stay the hell out of the way and let Waldron and the rest of the offense do their thing.

I still don't want to give up Russ, but I think he already has one foot out the door and wants out from under Pete, and I highly doubt Pete is going anywhere. The trade scenario with the Raiders that was outlined in that attached video would make it a little more palatable if they were a willing partner. They do need a splash type of acquisition to get the fans excited in their new city.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Bruce Lee “be like water, my friend”.

Pete Carrol is like: don’t listen to that guy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TraderGary":8fmx551m said:
RW is not a saint in this whole mess. But Pete is clearly the biggest problem, at least in my mind. Unfortunately, I highly doubt any of this is going to matter because I'm quite sure PC is one of the highest paid HC's in the NFL, and there's no way Jody is going to eat the full value of that 5-year extension, no matter how much she's worth.

The organization is a cash cow, and since PC is at the top of the organizational ladder, I don't think she has any motivation to take any action or make a change at the top. I think she's just waiting for this to play out, and for it all to blow over.

But if it plays out the way I think it's going to, which means PC stays and Russ gets traded either this year or next, this will be a black eye on the team and organization for many years to come, and she's going to seriously regret that decision to give Pete a shiny new 5-year extension.
It won't be a black eye on the team. This is all Russ. He's the one who has the problem. Not one other person in the Org has an issue. This is Russell's problem. If all of the issues he has are true, they were issues in 2017, 2018, and 2019. He had ample time and opportunity to remedy this situation by not signing, AGAIN, with Seattle. He could've said no thanks I'm not happy with things and I'll play my contract out then hit FA. He didn't take that route, so now he's trying to hold the team hostage. He can't claim ignorance to how Pete runs this thing after all these years. Until I hear a credible report that Russell was promised all of this "power" or say in how these operate on offense back during the last contract negotiation and the Seahawks reneged on that promise, this is all is own doing.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3vibvhf9 said:
TraderGary":3vibvhf9 said:
RW is not a saint in this whole mess. But Pete is clearly the biggest problem, at least in my mind. Unfortunately, I highly doubt any of this is going to matter because I'm quite sure PC is one of the highest paid HC's in the NFL, and there's no way Jody is going to eat the full value of that 5-year extension, no matter how much she's worth.

The organization is a cash cow, and since PC is at the top of the organizational ladder, I don't think she has any motivation to take any action or make a change at the top. I think she's just waiting for this to play out, and for it all to blow over.

But if it plays out the way I think it's going to, which means PC stays and Russ gets traded either this year or next, this will be a black eye on the team and organization for many years to come, and she's going to seriously regret that decision to give Pete a shiny new 5-year extension.
It won't be a black eye on the team. This is all Russ. He's the one who has the problem. Not one other person in the Org has an issue. This is Russell's problem. If all of the issues he has are true, they were issues in 2017, 2018, and 2019. He had ample time and opportunity to remedy this situation by not signing, AGAIN, with Seattle. He could've said no thanks I'm not happy with things and I'll play my contract out then hit FA. He didn't take that route, so now he's trying to hold the team hostage. He can't claim ignorance to how Pete runs this thing after all these years. Until I hear a credible report that Russell was promised all of this "power" or say in how these operate on offense back during the last contract negotiation and the Seahawks reneged on that promise, this is all is own doing.
You may be true, but when Russ signed his extension, I doubt he expected PC would also be signing a 5-year extension at 69 years old.

And as far as him being the only having issues with the offense, well DK and Tyler have both complained openly about it. So no, Russ is not the only one. And I'm sure there are others who we haven't heard from.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This is all on PC. He is currently the problem. Wilson is more than allowed to blow this guy up because he carried PC all these years. Forget Carr and all these irrelevant trades scenarios with first round picks (which PC has as much skill at as he does in game challenges). You want to actually sniff a SB within 10 years then you fire PC. Otherwise Wilson leaves and PC spends the next 5 years tanking the organization worse than he has since he ran the LOB out of town.

We most likely will never have another QB like Wilson. We will be back in Mirer and Kitna days. Sam Darnold behind our 2005 line could never hold Wilson’s jock strap as Wilson played behind our 2020 line. Good lord what a waste of time even examining it.

ET gave PC the right gesture.

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1397cuu9 said:
TraderGary":1397cuu9 said:

This

chris98251

Reaction score
NJlargent":of8pabbw said:
This is all on PC. He is currently the problem. Wilson is more than allowed to blow this guy up because he carried PC all these years. Forget Carr and all these irrelevant trades scenarios with first round picks (which PC has as much skill at as he does in game challenges). You want to actually sniff a SB within 10 years then you fire PC. Otherwise Wilson leaves and PC spends the next 5 years tanking the organization worse than he has since he ran the LOB out of town.

We most likely will never have another QB like Wilson. We will be back in Mirer and Kitna days. Sam Darnold behind our 2005 line could never hold Wilson’s jock strap as Wilson played behind our 2020 line. Good lord what a waste of time even examining it.

ET gave PC the right gesture.

I would say Wilson was giving Pete the benefit of the doubt, he fired Belvell and Cable, hired Schotty, allowed Russ to cook, I know he liked Bevell but seemed to get sold on Schotty quickly.

He drafted and signed some Vets on the O line, all these things placated Wilson, but Pete still used his influence to pull back the offense and not open it up, not really fast starting, the turnovers put handcuffs on him again, Schotty leaving and the meeting situation basically saying do what we say you input isn't needed.

I think the last thing was the final straw.

jeremiah

Reaction score
NJlargent":398ru7al said:
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.

I am all in on ridding Seattle of PC. He is the type of coach who turns players on for the first few years, then they tune him out. Even the Defense of 2020 took halves, quarters and plays off. I watched Bobby play with total disinterest for the first time in his career. THAT is on PC IMO.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":6dkmxd2h said:
TraderGary":6dkmxd2h said:

Ill make this quick and simple Jody allen wants to sell the team which is why she gave all this power to pete carroll in the first place, if jody allen wants investors to buy the seahawks russell wilson has to be there, PERIOD. Wilson is the selling point, the only reason the team has been relevant in the past 9 years, no wilson? NO SELL.

thats why you fire pete carroll, wilson is happy, dk metcalf and lockett are happy and jody allen gets what she wants.

toffee

Reaction score
Tinamedina":1it4oa6j said:
OrangeGravy":1it4oa6j said:
TraderGary":1it4oa6j said:

Ill make this quick and simple Jody allen wants to sell the team which is why she gave all this power to pete carroll in the first place, if jody allen wants investors to buy the seahawks russell wilson has to be there, PERIOD. Wilson is the selling point, the only reason the team has been relevant in the past 9 years, no wilson? NO SELL.

thats why you fire pete carroll, wilson is happy, dk metcalf and lockett are happy and jody allen gets what she wants.
So Jody who is not in need of cash now, wants to sell during a pandemic? And investors paying billions to buy a franchise because of a player with limited shelf life?

Rofl.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
toffee":1jg3v5ik said:
Tinamedina":1jg3v5ik said:
OrangeGravy":1jg3v5ik said:
TraderGary":1jg3v5ik said:

So Jody who is not in need of cash now, wants to sell during a pandemic? And investors paying billions to buy a franchise because of a player with limited shelf life?

Rofl.

Wilson has at least 10 years left, thats first off lol. secondly, without wilson this team would be the jets and thats putting it nicely. i dont why theres these subset of fans that dont want to accept that wilson IS the seahawks.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
Tinamedina":1knw3313 said:
OrangeGravy":1knw3313 said:
TraderGary":1knw3313 said:

If this were true, why would Jody extend a washed-up HC for the next 5 years which makes the franchise less valuable in my opinion because it sandwiches the new prospective owners with one of the highest paid HC's in the league for at least the next few years who's shelf life expired a long time ago. And if they fire him this year, that's at minimum an additional $50 million sunk cost.

Sorry, but that makes no sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tinamedina":apknvlcf said:
toffee":apknvlcf said:
Tinamedina":apknvlcf said:
OrangeGravy":apknvlcf said:

Rofl.

Wilson has at least 10 years left, thats first off lol. secondly, without wilson this team would be the jets and thats putting it nicely. i dont why theres these subset of fans that dont want to accept that wilson IS the seahawks.

Wilson does not have that kind of career taking the amount of hits he has been taken, it's the whole point of him wanting a trade.

He knows it and wants to play longer and not end up broken up by age 36, he doesn't bounce back like he did three years ago.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson IS not the Seahawk team.

But Wilson IS the primary reason for our success. And Wilson has driven that success DESPITE Carroll, not because of him. If anything, Carroll has limited that success. Carroll wants to believe it is him and his system, and the Seahawks seem to want to believe him.

The Seahawks are going to learn a valuable lesson.

People love Carroll now. maybe. Or did.

But when he runs Wilson off they will hate him.

And a franchise with a hated HC, aging players, and no QB has no future.

Jody is probably keeping the pieces on the board in memory of Paul.

Paul kept Carroll. It was probably easier to keep him. And they might have had no idea Wilson was chafing under him.
(Wilson likely would not have volunteered that even if asked.)

So they bet on Carroll and in doing, cemented themselves in that poor choice.
Now they are close to stuck with it.

Is it on purpose? To destroy fan loyalty so they can sell the team like the Sonics did? No idea. But it will certainly be an interesting ride to see fan support completely collapse when Wilson is traded away and the 99-year-old HC somehow shuffles onto the field one fist full of Ensure another clutching a pack of adult diapers.

Pete is old.

He looks to be failing at his strengths and seems diminished mentally. It looks like he has completely lost the ability to adapt to new things, change, or even make simple adjustments. It very much looks like he has lost the ability to learn and can only fall back on what he already knows.

Pretty much garbage as a HC recently but for Wilson saving him. Without Wilson, he will be complete garbage.

His legacy will be shot through (media is already pushing the likely fact that most of Carroll's success was really because of Wilson) and he will be hated by most of the Seahawk fans as we struggle to find a QB while watching Wilson prosper elsewhere.

BASF

Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for Wilson at this point. It is obvious that he decided to tank the last half of the season after Carroll's contract extension. This crap about run run pass happened only twelve times in the last half of the season and mostly it was when we were running out the clock to close out a victory. Wilson was seventh in pass attempts last season. Seventh. He was second in touchdown passes. The team was only eighteenth in rushing attempts. Tell me again how we were a run first team.

He wanted to be the team focus and the fact is that the LOB left or were shown the door because Wilson throwing that interception in the Super Bowl cost us the game. You all know that they were talking smack to him during practice until Carroll stepped in and told them to leave him alone. That has been covered in articles. Carroll took responsibility for the interception to shield Wilson who seems to be more and more thin skinned.

There are a lot of very legit criticisms of Carroll, but the fact is that the unwilling to change crap is just that. They changed the offense this season and Carroll rolled with it until it cost the Seahawks too many games to get home field advantage. The defense was changed quite a bit this season after it was not working at the beginning of the season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We disagree then.

Carroll keeps trying to force a gameplan that has nothing to do with personnel. Not sure how many more years of examples you need. How about when we went run first in the playoffs against the Cowboys WITH NO RBS OF STARTING CALIBER?

What about shifting to a run first approach last year with a RB stable:
Carson (who looked injured at the half)
Hyde
Whathisname

He changed for 1/2 last year because he was forced to. Then he reverted because again he is not capable of permanent change.

People think it is because he is stubborn or egotistical.

that might be part of it....

But honestly, the truth is likely that he is not capable of change anymore. It isn't likely that he WON'T. More likely that he CAN'T.

Carroll's brain has likely ossified and this is what we are stuck with.

Elemas

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":cvlcgdka said:
We disagree then.

Carroll keeps trying to force a gameplan that has nothing to do with personnel. Not sure how many more years of examples you need. How about when we went run first in the playoffs against the Cowboys WITH NO RBS OF STARTING CALIBER?

Hyde
Whathisname

He changed for 1/2 last year because he was forced to. Then he reverted because again he is not capable of permanent change.

But honestly, the truth is likely that he is not capable of change anymore. It isn't likely that he WON'T. More likely that he CAN'T.

Husky....you may be my long lost brother because, I agree with damn near everyone of your posts. Especially your take on RW.

BASF

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":h97ospxu said:
We disagree then.

That was absolutely stupid, especially considering Dallas' defense was much better against the run than pass that year.

Hyde
Whathisname

Going through the play-by-play for the last half of the season does not support the run first claim last year. It is patently incorrect.

Forced to by whom exactly? Much of the consternation is that he answers to no one. He reverted because Wilson cost us games with his turnovers.

Your ageism is disgusting and diminishes an otherwise reasonable argument.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2xmcru6y said:
We disagree then.

Hyde
Whathisname

>Carroll's brain has ossified and he is not capable of change
>Team passed 7th most times last year and rushed only the 18th most times

Doesn't quite track.