Both teams believe it's rightfully theirs

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Largent80":1z7rluge said:
It's OURS, let's see if you can take it.

First time I've agreed with you all week. It's your's and well earned. You won't give it up easy but here in Boston we are hoping our guys will take it back.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
korboko":1w8iq9r6 said:
I just feel bad for Wes Welker. He left the Patriots to go to the Broncos. He 'll probably never win that ring.

Screw Welker he cost us a SB. never liked him anyway.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
themunn":3p3fzs5e said:
50yrpatsfan":3p3fzs5e said:
I can't recall a Super Bowl in many moons where you have the two #1 seeds/best records, both with recent SB wins and appearances, both with proven QB's and coaches, both rock solid, both with legacies to burnish.

And both who deeply believe this championship belongs to them, that they are the rightful owners bringing the Lombardi back home where it belongs. That's what makes this game a little different, pretty special.

10 years isn't recent
True they haven't won since 2005, but this their 3rd SB appearances in the past 7 years, and arguably they should have won the other 2 - can't get any closer than they did in those 2 games.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":zyxt2m0l said:
themunn":zyxt2m0l said:
50yrpatsfan":zyxt2m0l said:
I can't recall a Super Bowl in many moons where you have the two #1 seeds/best records, both with recent SB wins and appearances, both with proven QB's and coaches, both rock solid, both with legacies to burnish.

And both who deeply believe this championship belongs to them, that they are the rightful owners bringing the Lombardi back home where it belongs. That's what makes this game a little different, pretty special.

10 years isn't recent
True they haven't won since 2005, but this their 3rd SB appearances in the past 7 years, and arguably they should have won the other 2 - can't get any closer than they did in those 2 games.

Where from 50 year? My first fav players were Jim Nance and Babe Parilli. I'm an old bastard.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Not to argue, but the Hawks and the Broncos were the number one seeds last year? So it's been a year. :)

Kidding aside, let's hope for a good game, no injuries, no ref bs and may the best team win.

SC

bostonhardo

Reaction score
StoneCold":oebdthib said:
Not to argue, but the Hawks and the Broncos were the number one seeds last year? So it's been a year. :)

Kidding aside, let's hope for a good game, no injuries, no ref bs and may the best team win.

SC

Agreed StoneCold. Enjoy the game and good luck.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
bostonhardo":1i6rq3l7 said:
50yrpatsfan":1i6rq3l7 said:
themunn":1i6rq3l7 said:
50yrpatsfan":1i6rq3l7 said:

10 years isn't recent

Where from 50 year? My first fav players were Jim Nance and Babe Parilli. I'm an old bastard.

South Shore. Nance was a great player, he'd be good today.

korboko

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2q0l1bx9 said:

I always wondered about your team's fanbase and city/region. It's not often that a name of a team represented a whole region of the US. When did this come about? It does cooler than Boston Patriots.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
korboko":1apurzpi said:
50yrpatsfan":1apurzpi said:

I always wondered about your team's fanbase and city/region. It's not often that a name of a team represented a whole region of the US. When did this come about? It does cooler than Boston Patriots.

They changed it when they moved out of Boston proper to Foxboro. It's just west of Boston. You have to remember the size of the states here are much smaller than in the PW. Washington might be as big as all of New England. I am not sure.