Mariners trade for Teoscar Hernandez

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jays have hitting, they needed a quality reliever, they got one and I"m sure they will be looking for a new outfielder.. Nimmo?

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just saw that Macko is from Alberta. Makes a little more sense why they wanted him as part of the deal.

Also, if you want some entertaining reading, check out the comments from Jay's fans. The fleecing has happened, and they know it. So good.

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Teoscar Hernandez, his .519 slugging percentage from 2020-22 is tied with Juan Soto...

The Padres and Nationals (Soto) trade:

Padres get:

OF Juan Soto
1B Josh Bell

Nationals get:

SS C.J. Abrams
LHP MacKenzie Gore
1B Luke Voit
OF Robert Hassell III (Padres' No. 1 prospect/No. 21 overall)
OF James Wood (Padres' No. 3/No. 88 overall)
RHP Jarlin Susana (Padres' No. 14)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just saw that Macko is from Alberta. Makes a little more sense why they wanted him as part of the deal.

Also, if you want some entertaining reading, check out the comments from Jay's fans. The fleecing has happened, and they know it. So good.
I think the 14.1 K's per 9 innings has something little to do with it. :)

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Everyone here knows the ownership is/has been bad. But the fact that you don't like THIS trade, shows that you won't like anything they do. Teo is an all-star, and we're not talking a Winker/Frazier type all-star, we're talking a legitimately great player, both at the plate and in the field. And we gave up PEANUTS for him. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were inked to an extension soon. This is a great move.
I don’t think anyone is saying this is a bad trade. The thing I don’t like is he only has a year left on the contract. It becomes a great trade if they re-sign him.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And they will, just like they did with Castillo. I have zero worry that they don't extend him. Once he is with this team, and this culture in the clubhouse, he'll want to be a part of it in the future.

And for the record, he said it a was a terrible trade. Can't wait to see this guy tear it up, and it'll just be another Timd/Fade take gone wrong........

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His exact words:
terrible trade. swanson alone is worth more than hernandez. and we threw in macko?

desperation.

it's too bad we have the worst ownership in all of sports.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I understood it to be that they have a year left on his contract after this year.. Could be wrong.

balakoth

Reaction score
because they've been my team for 30+ years. i can be a fan of the players/organization/history while still pointing out that this current ownership group are cheapskates that underspend their market year after year and use the mariners as their cash cow. the fact that i call out bs when i see it... actually shows i care/am invested.

ownership changes through the years: https://www.mlb.com/mariners/history/owners

think for yourself. it's not hard.
Just shows how disconnected you are.. honestly

Imagine relating 30 years (apparently.. Im doubting this already) to new management and leaders.

We think for ourselves, just much better than someone else clearly.

You just regurgitate the same stupid shit every post though

At least we actually THINK. While using logic and current time frames

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In the past? Absolutely the ownership was cheap. That seems to be a thing of the past. The present has nothing to do with what they did before Dipoto got here.
Trading for the best pitcher in the market, and following it up with an extension? Giving Julio a contract to keep him here for several years?
This isn't the old Mariners ownership and management. They are in it to win it, period.
The Yankees wanted Castillo BAD. Since when do the Mariners outbid and beat out the Yankees to get a prized pitcher? Things are different now, and if someone can't enjoy this, they never will.
They lost a 3 game series to the World Series champs by 4 runs TOTAL. There is a culture being built here, and this will be a spot that free agents will want to come play. NOTHING like how it was in the past here in Seattle.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
In the past? Absolutely the ownership was cheap. That seems to be a thing of the past. The present has nothing to do with what they did before Dipoto got here.
Trading for the best pitcher in the market, and following it up with an extension? Giving Julio a contract to keep him here for several years?
This isn't the old Mariners ownership and management. They are in it to win it, period.
The Yankees wanted Castillo BAD. Since when do the Mariners outbid and beat out the Yankees to get a prized pitcher? Things are different now, and if someone can't enjoy this, they never will.
They lost a 3 game series to the World Series champs by 4 runs TOTAL. There is a culture being built here, and this will be a spot that free agents will want to come play. NOTHING like how it was in the past here in Seattle.

I’m still skeptical of John Stanton and some of the things that former higher up employee Kevin Mather said in the past. Am hoping they (Stanton) prove my concerns wrong however.

Latest posts