Mariners trade for Teoscar Hernandez

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱

Thanks for the laugh. I guess those big contracts to Julio and Castillo were somehow NOT big $.

Is this Fade or TIMD? Be honest
julio signed a variable contract in which could be a very team-friendly deal. castillo they almost had to re-sign giving what they GAVE UP to get him. 21 YEARS of severely underspending their market input.

i'm laughing at you for being so out of touch. :ROFLMAO:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
You're the only one who actually thinks this is a bad trade.
and that's fine if that were actually the case, but it's not. and no, i don't follow "group think". i think for myself. something you fear to do. you need friendly support and need to be told how to think. i don't.

Enjoy being miserable, you're doing a great job of it.
you're the one who's up and down, and needs some sort of acceptance after being gaslit. i'm detached from outcomes. especially when it comes to the mariners. so... wrong again. :ROFLMAO:

... and yet you miss the whole point. i'm not harping on dipoto. he has proven to be a solid+ gm. i'm merely pointing out the failures and penny pinching of ownership. notice the difference? i guess not.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever you say, Glum. Do you. Better yet, why do you even bother to watch the team? So you can whine and moan like a little 5 year old?

Great trade, period. The fact that you don't like it makes it even better. Will make it more fun next year when he's raking it and you won't own up to being wrong.
Like I said, the next Timd/Fade..........clearly.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now, hopefully they add a stud SS who is a damn good hitter. If JP has to move over to 2nd, so be it. This team needs 3 bats imo. One down, two to go.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Whatever you say, Glum. Do you. Better yet, why do you even bother to watch the team? So you can whine and moan like a little 5 year old?

Great trade, period. The fact that you don't like it makes it even better. Will make it more fun next year when he's raking it and you won't own up to being wrong.
Like I said, the next Timd/Fade..........clearly.
because they've been my team for 30+ years. i can be a fan of the players/organization/history while still pointing out that this current ownership group are cheapskates that underspend their market year after year and use the mariners as their cash cow. the fact that i call out bs when i see it... actually shows i care/am invested.

ownership changes through the years: https://www.mlb.com/mariners/history/owners

think for yourself. it's not hard.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I guess this rules out Nimo who has been discussed as a possible FA addition. I would have rather have seen us go that route FA, other than to rob our strength from the bull pen as well as the loss of a good minor league prospect. That said, maybe it makes it a little easier to aquire good solid FA bat for the infield. I for one, don't care how much they pay players and am not at all interested in how little or much the owners make.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
because they've been my team for 30+ years. i can be a fan of the players/organization/history while still pointing out that this current ownership group are cheapskates that underspend their market year after year and use the mariners as their cash cow. the fact that i call out bs when i see it... actually shows i care/am invested.

ownership changes through the years: https://www.mlb.com/mariners/history/owners

think for yourself. it's not hard.

Everyone here knows the ownership is/has been bad. But the fact that you don't like THIS trade, shows that you won't like anything they do. Teo is an all-star, and we're not talking a Winker/Frazier type all-star, we're talking a legitimately great player, both at the plate and in the field. And we gave up PEANUTS for him. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were inked to an extension soon. This is a great move.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Dwelling on the past (nobody here actually would ever claim that this ownership has been great at spending money over the years) doesn't change the fact that this was yet ANOTHER great trade by this front office. They are not even close to being done, another big trade is coming.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Jays fans are pissed at this trade...
They need to move some of the right hand bats & get some good lefties or switch hitters & more starting pitching so I'm okay with it depending on who they bring in. There are going to be more unpopular but necessary moves upcoming so buckle up.

For Mariners fan, you're getting an average outfielder who makes some great defensive plays that make you think "where TF did that come from" but is also prone to a few mental lapses a season that make you think "WTF is he doing" but he has a well above average throwing arm from right field that teams don't run on very often.
He's also a streaky hitter who outstanding at everything when on a heater but strikes out a lot when he's not. He's also coming off a season of injury issues which hopefully is not a trend for him.

He's also in a contract year & is eligible for free-agency after next season not 2024 as someone mentioned earlier in the thread so he should be motivated but you only have him for 1 year if you don't end up signing him. Not sure what he's looking for but it seems any contract talk with him have gone nowhere. That may be because he's overpriced himself or the Blue Jays just know they can't pay him & have the money to pay Vladdy & Bichette in a couple years.

Anyways, he'll help the Mariners & be a fixture somewhere in the middle of your lineup so you should be happy with him.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe Hernandez thinks the Blue Jays are going nowhere soon and the M's are a team on the ups. We'll see about that if the FO tries to back up this trade with a deal. Hernandez/Julio/Mitch sounds like a decent front 3 in the OF. It's an odd year, so Mitch should be able to play 150 games. ;)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Relievers can be far more inconsistent. Teoscar fits a need and rakes. I think it’s a good trade for both teams as Toronto needs bullpen help and to sign a lh bat. Love it.

Latest posts