Boring summer thread: IF Angry wants a comeback?

toffee

Reaction score
OK, boring summer dream. If Doug Baldwin wants to comeback for one season, and he passes health check. Would you welcome him back for a farewell season? Could he still contribute as a slot receiver? He could be that excellent mentor for Dee Eskridge; and if he still got some juice in the tank, he could make Lock a better QB.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think he’s toast, Russ WRs don’t have necessarily seem to have a lot of longevity. Lots of extra mileage having to constantly run deep routes or just all over the place with playground rules , sometimes for nothing as Russ just takes sacks, plus the physical toll of constantly making acrobatic catches as well as getting led into danger because Russ can’t throw WRs open.

I believe Baldwin got his teeth knocked in Russ first start, Rice never seemed the same after getting blasted at the end of the ‘12 Chicago game, Richardson, Lockett, Graham, and Dissly all tore shit having to play a long ball situation and/or being led into a dangerous catch situation. I think Harvin got blasted on a mid to deep route vs Minnesota in ‘12 after that it seemed he was more of just a horizontal WR type than a vertical one. And horizontal types aren’t as successful with Russ’s hero ball approach and limited short to intermediate field of vision.

JPPT1974

Reaction score
Well really it is all about having on that over in the being healthy and consistent. Not just the WR but all players there.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think having Angry back for a few games, and just be on the sideline mentoring our young WRs.

sutz

Reaction score
He'd probably make a great coach or coach's assistant, but I wouldn't ask him to play. Last I heard, though, he was done with football and was moving on to other pursuits. He was pretty active in social justice matters, so there might be some folks disappointed in him after football. Whatever, he was a pretty sharp guy and I'm sure he's successful at whatever he does.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's done playing ball and got out when he wanted to get out, not when he was forced out.

I expect him to eventually become a community social leader which he is already beginning to do. Having met him and having the pleasure to talk with him at length he is very bright and aware of the realities of life in football and after along with the social goals he wishes to advance. I have nothing but respect for DB which is well deserved, he's a good person.

He was a criminally underrated WR when he played and a personal favourite.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Congress, although probably not from Florida. I think he'd have good perspective. He comes from a law enforcement family so he'll have a big picture view of crime and social justice.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Congress, although probably not from Florida. I think he'd have good perspective. He comes from a law enforcement family so he'll have a big picture view of crime and social justice.
O e day we may have Angry in the congress and Russ in white house?