Bobby Wagner was trash today.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't argue that the linebackers played well because they were horrible no question about it. Their track record tells me they will be fine and I think we see a much better effort next week.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think the team is going to be fine. As much as I wanted to go off about how bad they were and how they were completely out coached, it is the first games so we should not panic yet.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think the team is going to be fine. As much as I wanted to go off about how bad they were and how they were completely out coached, it is the first games so we should not panic yet.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not a great game by Wagner, but not something I would worry about either.

FWIW I think Wagner is a very good MLB, but is a bit overrated due playing on a powerhouse team (this ALWAYS happens with the top teams). He definitely flashes and is really impressive when he does (as good as anyone), but he's never been as consistent as the top two or three (maybe top 5) MLBs, IMO. Kinda similar to how Patrick Willis was for his last few years before he retired, IMO.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There were seven missed tackles yesterday . . . which is actually an improvement over last season's start: 13 in the opener and 10 missed tackles in the 2nd game.

Statistically, Wagner played probably the WORST game of his career with two missed tackles and a perfect 4-4 receptions allowed for 105 yards.

Bruce Irvin and K.J. Wright both played well. Zero missed tackles between them and only one reception allowed on three attempts.

Dion Bailey allowed a perfect passer rating in throws against: four receptions on four attempts, 14.3 yards per reception, 17 yards after the catch with a missed tackle, and of course the 37-yard TD. 158.3 QB rating against.

AgentDib

Reaction score
LB speed seemed like our main problem on defense as they just looked slower than normal out there. I haven't watched the broadcast yet but there were half a dozen of those screen passes where I felt like BWags would have been there in the past but he was always a couple of steps late and he had a few uncharacteristic missed tackles.

I'm hoping that it is due to rust, the 10 am start on the road, and maybe a bit of a hangover from the Superbowl and Kam situations. Lots of flashbacks to the loss against Dallas where we couldn't chase down Murray, but that was an aberration that season and I'm going to chalk it up to simply having an off day.

My friend did point out a reason for optimism next week. Lacy and Starks are both power back types that I think we match up well against, and their main offensive playmaker this week was 31 year old James Jones who wasn't particularly fast when he was younger. If our DLine brings it just as hard next week then we can absolutely slow that offense down.

kjreid

Reaction score
Was Bobby taking a step back nearly every play? was he more concerned about over the top that moving immediately to the play? could Kam being MIA put additional pressure on Bobby to think no one was covering over the top in the middle? he seemed to be a step slow on nearly every play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good thing there are 16 games. Zero excuse for giving up 34 points, to any team. Not for this team.
They are looking straight at 0-2, and I have zero doubt they will still be in the mix come playoff team.
Rams played a better game, period. They were more prepared, and the Hawks were way too vanilla on Offense and Defense. Very few adjustments, and man to man D is just not the way to go, especially w/out Kam out there.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
As Wagner has added weight, it seems his pass coverage has gotten worse every year. Hopefully this is something they can adjust to . . . Wright and Irvin both played great. Kevin Pierre-Louis only played one snap all game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3pbcngra said:
Popeyejones":3pbcngra said:
Not a great game by Wagner, but not something I would worry about either.

FWIW I think Wagner is a very good MLB, but is a bit overrated due playing on a powerhouse team (this ALWAYS happens with the top teams). He definitely flashes and is really impressive when he does (as good as anyone), but he's never been as consistent as the top two or three (maybe top 5) MLBs, IMO. Kinda similar to how Patrick Willis was for his last few years before he retired, IMO.

... Nope.

OK. :)

Latest posts