BOBBY WAGNER press conference

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is pretty basic stuff but it was well worth watching.
BWags is just such a great guy to have on our team, I hate that we lost him for a season but I’m stoked that he’s back.

Loved his “green dot” comment.

Also somewhere around the 12 min mark, he said something about uniforms (I think) but I couldn’t hear the actual question.

Anyone know of, or heard anything about a uniform change this year?

Edit:
Sorry the direct link isn’t working but it will take you directly to the youtube version.

kidhawk

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only uniform change we have coming this year is our throwbacks. I'm excited for those.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah he was asked if he’s seen the throwbacks yet, and he said he has and they’re Fire and too bad they’re not black. But they’re still fire.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yeah he was asked if he’s seen the throwbacks yet, and he said he has and they’re Fire and too bad they’re not black. But they’re still fire.

I still can't wrap my head around that answer. Throwbacks can never be black. Now alternates could be black, and if they love that neon green so much then they can use it for the numbers/letters on a black jersey. That would be a huge improvement over that current neon green

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What struck me about the presser was how subdued he was.

he sure seems like the vet that he is.

loved the green dot comment too.

how much of a vet is he? ”this is mostly for the offense right here”. I thought that was funny

at least the mofo IS BACK!!!!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I still can't wrap my head around that answer. Throwbacks can never be black. Now alternates could be black, and if they love that neon green so much then they can use it for the numbers/letters on a black jersey. That would be a huge improvement over that current neon green
Booo

Black alternatives would be cool but I like the action green a lot.
Would not want them as regulars but once or twice a season is cool with me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Booo

Black alternatives would be cool but I like the action green a lot.
Would not want them as regulars but once or twice a season is cool with me.

There is one thing I like about the "Action Green" and that's our record when we wear them. Aesthetically, there's not a single good thing I have to say. I know some people like them and some people even love them and that's fine. I'm just not a fan of that color on anything really

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently BWags loves black uniforms. Obviously they wouldn't be our retros if they were black. I think he was just saying "The retros look cool but I wish we had black alternates". I love our 90's era uniforms. The big Hawk back on the sleeve where it belongs, and always loved the colors, the royal blue with silver and the green just works. Can't wait to stir up that nostalgia this season!

0 season FSEAS 1997

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Washed Wagner (not my words but some people’s opinion) still looking like an incredible leader with the mentality that nothing is too big for him.

Even if he isn’t as good as he was last year, which some graded as the best off-ball LBer. How does anybody criticize that his presence is not an all around improvement not just for the LBer corps, not just for the Defense, but for the entirety of the team?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Washed Wagner (not my words but some people’s opinion) still looking like an incredible leader with the mentality that nothing is too big for him.

Even if he isn’t as good as he was last year, which some graded as the best off-ball LBer. How does anybody criticize that his presence is not an all around improvement not just for the LBer corps, not just for the Defense, but for the entirety of the team?
He’s bringing back with him incredible value even if his skill/speed has declined a bit.

Intangibles and chemistry matter a great deal in terms of a successful NFL team.

I don’t think anyone could make a reasonable argument otherwise.

bileever

Reaction score
Age is a fluid thing. It really depends on genetics and how well you take care of your body. Lavonte David and Demario Davis are both older than Bobby, and they are still playing linebacker at a high level. Junior Seau played until he was 40. (Of course, in retrospect, for his own sake, he probably shouldn't have.)