Bobby Slowik

Jac

Reaction score
Macdonald will win the matchup. That team is a buzzsaw.

But I'd still take Slowik because having an offensive HC is such an advantage. Especially one that is a good play caller.

IF you hire a DC, then you have to worry about who the OC would be. Then that OC would get hired almost immediately.
If I had to bet, I think this is the guy who Schneider is really targeting (on the assumption that Ben Johnson is going to Washington).

CactusJack

Reaction score
If I had to bet, I think this is the guy who Schneider is really targeting (on the assumption that Ben Johnson is going to Washington).
Johnson & Slowik should be the top two candidates for the job. Bring in either one & you're set going forward.

They're meeting with Johnson today & Slowik tomorrow.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Slowik is still a top choice and his performance against the Ravens shouldn’t disqualify him. Ravens this year aren’t a team they’re an entity that destroys all in their path.
Agreed.

Houston’s poor offensive performance isn’t the same as Dan Quinn’s poor performance against Green Bay. For one, the Texans were a big underdog in this game. A rookie QB had to go on the road against the best team in the AFC. This performance was somewhat expected.

James in PA

Reaction score
Im still in on Slowik. A good consolation prize to Ben Johnson.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
There's a lot to like about Slowik.

1) He's the son of Bob Slowik, who has been a DC in the NFL, and still coaches in the CFL, so football has been apart of his life since he was born.

2) He has helped coach both sides of the ball. His first job was watching film of the upcoming opponent and analyzing it, so he can be considered a student of the game.

3) He comes from the Shanahan tree of coaching.

4) He worked as an analyst for PFF for 4 years (this could come in handy come draft time).

5) He's only 36, so if Seattle hires him & he works out, he can the HC for many years, which obviously brings stability.

So I would not be upset at all if Slowik ends up being their guy. Maybe this is just me trying too hard to convince myself that he's a good hire, but you gotta admit, all these factors make for a pretty convincing resume. For all we know, he might actually be a good hire. That's why the unknown can be as exciting as it is worrisome.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Slowik is my first choice, we'll have to see if John agrees

Latest posts