Blue endzones are back!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeahawkFrost":2g8up23k said:
Seaswab":2g8up23k said:
They should keep them that way all year or not at all

The reason they don't have them painted like that all season is because of the sounders using the same field. Now that the sounders season is over, they can now paint the end zones.

I am sure that all here would agree that the sounders should just have to deal with it. Sounders are soccer, correct?

253hawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":10tgtsqu said:
No.. Soccer is over.. That is why

They were done well over a month before 42-13 last year and they weren't painted then.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":wk4ii4pe said:
SeahawkFrost":wk4ii4pe said:
Seaswab":wk4ii4pe said:

The reason they don't have them painted like that all season is because of the sounders using the same field. Now that the sounders season is over, they can now paint the end zones.

I am sure that all here would agree that the sounders should just have to deal with it. Sounders are soccer, correct?

Exactly. But standby for all the soccer freaks to cry.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":25w265zc said:
SeahawkFrost":25w265zc said:
Seaswab":25w265zc said:

Yes the sounders are the soccer team. I honestly think they should deal with it too.

Exittium

Reaction score
blue endzones what when Lynch did the beast quake crotch grab jump into the endzone, FOR THE WIN AGAINST THE TAINTS

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Earlier poster, no, the Tanzania advertisements haven't been up at all this year.

crucifyd

Reaction score
Is the sounders thing about slipping (heard that before) or about looks?

If slipping, why don't the Hawks have trouble with that?

If looks, well, deal w/it...

If something else, well, deal w/it...

This is the Seahawks Stadium, is it not?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
crucifyd":iu8ea1b4 said:
Is the sounders thing about slipping (heard that before) or about looks?

If slipping, why don't the Hawks have trouble with that?

If looks, well, deal w/it...

If something else, well, deal w/it...

This is the Seahawks Stadium, is it not?
I'm willing to bet its purely a cosmetic issue Sounderswise. ....and the Hawks don't want to throw little brother (the Sounders) under the bus so they come up with the malarkey excuses not to do it during their season.

IronSaint

Reaction score
That looks pretty dang nice. I remember with our original turf, we had our endzones painted too but now just leave them green as well. Although we don't share the Done with a soccer team like you guys, but we do share it with Tulane University. Haha.

Also nice to see you guys are keeping that field covered. :th2thumbs:

muxpux

Reaction score
IronSaint":2gvliaqk said:
That looks pretty dang nice. I remember with our original turf, we had our endzones painted too but now just leave them green as well. Although we don't share the Done with a soccer team like you guys, but we do share it with Tulane University. Haha.

100% sure that's just to protect the rest of the field from overspray. Ever paint anything ever?

And it sprinkled last night. Hasn't rained in like 2 weeks round here. And being that its artificial the weather can do whatever it wants, won't affect the playing surface.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IronSaint":9yo2b6vh said:

Sharing the field with a college team is more than likely why the Saints don't paint em. IMO, its psychological. You want the home team playing on that field on that day to feel as that's their home field, not someone else's.

IronSaint

Reaction score
muxpux":3o42tgly said:
100% sure that's just to protect the rest of the field from overspray. Ever paint anything ever?

And it sprinkled last night. Hasn't rained in like 2 weeks round here. And being that its artificial the weather can do whatever it wants, won't affect the playing surface.

Well, we don't want to play on a moldy field, now do we? :lol:

Sports Hernia":3o42tgly said:
Sharing the field with a college team is more than likely why the Saints don't paint em. IMO, its psychological. You want the home team playing on that field on that day to feel as that's their home field, not someone else's.

Well apparently, the University of Houston didn't get the memo! :sarcasm_off:

They played SMU in Reliant Stadium (still painted in Texans colors) yesterday and proceeded to beat the brakes off them! Haha, I know it's only their temporary home and it was against SMU after all. :D

Latest posts