Blame Bevell

bandiger

Reaction score
mrt144":z1qdpfs7 said:
Sgt. Largent":z1qdpfs7 said:
Bevell's about #8 on the list of what's wrong with this team right now.

If we're crucifying a coordinator, Richard is my vote. Inexcusable to still be having defensive "miscommunication" issues almost halfway through the season.

Yet, Richard has 1/10th the coordinator experience as Bevell. Maybe get a cross 1/10th the size for Richard and crucify them both.

I put blame on Cable for building a frankenstein, jekyll and hyde O-line and Bevell for having the same inconsistent crappy offense year in and year out although its worse since RW has lost that 4th quarter luster. A big mistake was not get any Vet O-line guy, I'd sacrifice Cary for a Mathis and one of the two FA centers they were looking over during the offseason. Honestly its Pete that wanted defense priorities over offense so ultimately its on him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
90% of fan bases don't like their O-Coordinator. I've floated around different message boards. Very few like theirs. The O-Coordinator is typically the scapegoat when a team struggles on offense. Just saying. Remember when we had Jeremy Bates......Does that make you feel a little better about Bevell now?

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3m47k9uj said:
90% of fan bases don't like their O-Coordinator. I've floated around different message boards. Very few like theirs. The O-Coordinator is typically the scapegoat when a team struggles on offense. Just saying. Remember when we had Jeremy Bates......Does that make you feel a little better about Bevell now?

Likely because it's an area where you can make choices to compensate for roster holes and player talent issues. It's hard to deny that we have roster holes at OL and WR and that our talent at QB is probably playing as well as he can in this system right now.

To wit, about 10% of NFL teams have a consistently competent offenses from year to year, game to game.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":8b7rrppg said:
You've mentioned this before and it makes sense since many fans need a scapegoat to process a defeat and the OC spot is a shiny catch-all object they can funnel their wrath at. Doesn't make it right, but it helps them process.
Makes a job like Bevell's particularly difficult since the Hawks' identity is defense and a conservative offense predicated on ball control and field position. Throw in an inexperienced offensive line that is still transitioning and a defensive secondary that is still learning to play together and you have the ingredients to a 2-4 start.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Greg Knapp 2.0 continues to kill us on the offensive side of it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It's not bevell's fault.

If there is any fault on the offense, it's Cable. The main component we're missing is finishing drives with the run. We can't do it anymore. We did it vs Chicago with 11 mins TOP and 60+ rushing yards in the 4th. I think last game we had 24 yards and 4 minutes in the 4th. Similar to all of the other games.

White Devil

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":fzkhd5n7 said:
brimsalabim":fzkhd5n7 said:
I remember before the season began I was wondering how opposing DCs would contain both Jimmy and Chris Mathews on the edges and still stop the threat of beast mode or Russell on the RO in the red zone.

Turns out that our own Oline stops the RO and our own staff contains Jimmy and Mathews by leaving them on the sidlines to watch Kearse and Lockette not get open.
Psstttt .... Lockette scored a touchdown. Jimmy had 140 receiving yards. Just helping you out.

I get your blind faith in the team but your defense of this horrendous offense is just insane. This is the only stat you need to see as to why this team is losing games in the 4th quarter.

Only 3 teams are averaging fewer first downs per game than the Seahawks this season. That means there's NO ball control. The defense has some issues, but you act like the offense is even middle of the pack, and it isn't. They're horrible.

VQv0jz4

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
White Devil":11t7yw4o said:
Siouxhawk":11t7yw4o said:
brimsalabim":11t7yw4o said:
I remember before the season began I was wondering how opposing DCs would contain both Jimmy and Chris Mathews on the edges and still stop the threat of beast mode or Russell on the RO in the red zone.

Turns out that our own Oline stops the RO and our own staff contains Jimmy and Mathews by leaving them on the sidlines to watch Kearse and Lockette not get open.
Psstttt .... Lockette scored a touchdown. Jimmy had 140 receiving yards. Just helping you out.

I get your blind faith in the team but your defense of this horrendous offense is just insane. This is the only stat you need to see as to why this team is losing games in the 4th quarter.

Only 3 teams are averaging fewer first downs per game than the Seahawks this season. That means there's NO ball control. The defense has some issues, but you act like the offense is even middle of the pack, and it isn't. They're horrible.

VQv0jz4
Plus far and away the worst red zone offense in the NFL.

White Devil

Reaction score
They were horrible in the red zone last season....they're worse this season.

The offense has gone backwards over the last 2 seasons.

The defense has been raided by every team in the league and they're still one of the best.

But hey, don't point the finger at the guy who calls the plays.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1skf4p76 said:
brimsalabim":1skf4p76 said:

pssttt - I was referring to the red zone.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1arp3mek said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/cover32_SEA/status/656151804397260800[/tweet]
And here's the thing: On 3rd and 4 or less yds to go, the Hawks rush for first downs 62% of the time and have two big plays of 15+ yds in those attempts. Going into this game, when the Hawks pass on 3rd and 4 or less, they were 5 of 23 and had 2 plays that directly resulted in 10 points to the opposing team.

Vs Cincinatti, in the 4th qtr. Bevell called 4 straight passes on 3rd and 4 or less. All 4 failed. Two ended in sacks.

Vs Carolina, for the game, Bevell called passes on all three plays of 3rd and 4 or less. 2 failed. the third was a big play for 45 yds to Graham. OTOH, I'm happy for the great play, OTOH, I'm certain this one success out of the last 7 plays will only encourage Bevell to stupidly not run on 3rd and 4 or less, despite our 62% success rate on the ground.

That one pass completion brought us up from 22% to 23% passing.

marko358

Reaction score
Another abysmal offensive stat:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/656252722727940096[/tweet]

Latest posts